Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+4
Cazz
The Admiral
mike
MrsG
8 posters

Jubliee Double Bank Holiday

MrsG
    MrsG

Jubliee Double Bank Holiday Empty Jubliee Double Bank Holiday

Post by MrsG Thu 03 May 2012, 7:27 am

Hi All,

Just wondered if there was anything arranged for this as Ben and I are looking to take advantage of the double bank holiday...

Looking at some sites now and will more than likely book something this evening...anyone interested in joining us? Dates are 1-5th June...

Lucie

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Jubliee Double Bank Holiday Empty Re: Jubliee Double Bank Holiday

Post by mike Thu 03 May 2012, 1:56 pm

Its the end of that week we are at woodhall i think,so it would be difficult for some.

mike
    MrsG
    MrsG

Post by MrsG Thu 03 May 2012, 5:55 pm

Ah oh, No problemo Very Happy

Will let you know what we book (thinking the C&CC site Conkers) and will of course let you know how it goes. Just telling people about where we are going as we

1) Are Friendly (with a capital F)
    2) Good at conversation participation
    3) Enjoy a nice glass of red
    4) Enjoy good, relaxed company

(sounds like I'm writing a personal ad!!!) lol....anyway, its not a problem if people can't make it when we are away - we are just extending the olive branch if anyone fancies it Cool Cool
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Thu 03 May 2012, 6:31 pm

Sorry Lucie, but we are already away camping that weekend with friends & then we're off to the Woodall meet at the end of the week so we won't be able to join you I'm afraid.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 03 May 2012, 6:37 pm

Lucie did you say you where doing something on the woodhall weekend because Helen and i are there from Thursday and possibly others will be

mike
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 03 May 2012, 6:40 pm

OH is working all that weekend, and we are also going to Woodhall Spa the weekend after, but Conkers is just up the road from us, perhaps I could come and visit? (Dog health permitting) Jubliee Double Bank Holiday 3498837457
    MrsG
    MrsG

Post by MrsG Thu 03 May 2012, 6:45 pm

We just checked out the Woodhall thread again....its 5 hrs away from us which tbh wouldnt usually put us off but we dont have any spare holiday and so would have to set off after work on the friday at 6pm....then come home early sunday.....think it would make us incredibly tired! Mind you, we did do a 3 hr journey on a friday after work n came home sunday...
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 03 May 2012, 6:46 pm

I think Terry and April were thinking of going to Woodhall even sooner.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 03 May 2012, 6:48 pm

MrsG wrote:We just checked out the Woodhall thread again....its 5 hrs away from us which tbh wouldnt usually put us off but we dont have any spare holiday and so would have to set off after work on the friday at 6pm....then come home early sunday.....think it would make us incredibly tired! Mind you, we did do a 3 hr journey on a friday after work n came home sunday...

Thats a bit much affraid and they probably wouldn't let you on site at that time any away
    MrsG
    MrsG

Post by MrsG Thu 03 May 2012, 7:08 pm

cazz wrote:OH is working all that weekend, and we are also going to Woodhall Spa the weekend after, but Conkers is just up the road from us, perhaps I could come and visit? (Dog health permitting) Jubliee Double Bank Holiday 3498837457

That sounds ace if you can make it, although obviously the pooch comes first Wink

Have you been to Conkers before? Whats it like? Question
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 03 May 2012, 7:15 pm

MrsG wrote:
    cazz wrote:OH is working all that weekend, and we are also going to Woodhall Spa the weekend after, but Conkers is just up the road from us, perhaps I could come and visit? (Dog health permitting) Jubliee Double Bank Holiday 3498837457

That sounds ace if you can make it, although obviously the pooch comes first Wink

Have you been to Conkers before? Whats it like? Question

Shockingly we've never been, and also we've never been to the campsite, it's about 8 miles from our house, we've not had the need to camp there.
    MrsG
    MrsG

Post by MrsG Thu 03 May 2012, 9:48 pm

Sooooo....many sites were full, including Conkers! After much searching and reviewing we have settled on C&CC Site the description looks ace....cant wait!
    We are booked in goes without saying if anyone fancies it we would be happy to get together afro
    Will make sure I take notes for a review geek

Last edited by Helen on Mon 07 May 2012, 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited)
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Fri 04 May 2012, 10:50 pm

flower sorry I can't join you as gearing up for France but as you are near my end when I come back i will keep an eye out were you go next and will join you flower
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Sat 05 May 2012, 5:31 am

were going on our 2nd ever Dandy hol to Sunny Co/Durham at that time. Staying at a C&CC site called "Varnard Castle" Yeah I know, not a very origional name lol. Site looks good though.
    kimmieto

Jubliee Double Bank Holiday Empty Jubilee week

Post by kimmieto Sat 05 May 2012, 10:05 pm

We won't be going anywhere in the Dandy. Had our car nearly four years and still not got a tow bar. OH had bowel cancer first year we had the car, recovered from that but had a hernia and had that sorted so a year later he was on the mend. Then in all that bad snow two years ago, I break my wrist and 12 weeks after was still wondering if I would be having another operation as it was not mending, then had a serious eye infection and ended up in emergency hospital for a week, and had to have a big operation for that. Only this last year two of us were able to open the Dandy up without worrying about straining something or damaging something.

Our local community festival is on over that weekend, and so are a couple of events in the area we want to attend too. So much to do and so little time!!!
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Sun 06 May 2012, 4:34 am

omg. With all the bad luck you've had, you should be due some good stuff. Get the lottery put on, never mind a tow bar Smile Glad to hear your all "fine and dandy" now Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 7:58 pm