Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
Helen
vickoir
mike
7 posters

Holiday diary

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Holiday diary Empty Holiday diary

Post by mike Sun 19 Jun 2011, 7:47 am

We arrived on site about 1pm to be greeted by one almighty down pour so decided to sit it out,sure enough 10min later the sun was shinning and it started getting warm,think we broke all records for erecting the dandy and awning, over 2 hours aimlessly wondering backwards and forwards doing a bit having a sit down and smoke then a bit more.
    Its a nice site the pitch we have is nice and its the worse one on site so that tells you how good the others are,no site pictures yet but if i can upload on my poor connection will do some later,just a couple of the dandy in place.
    Showers and toilet a bit basic but clean the showers works great,going to do a bit of shopping today and maybe a wonder round Hunstanton depending on weather conditions.

Will try the pictures later just getting waiting for sever.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Holiday diary Empty Re: Holiday diary

Post by mike Sun 19 Jun 2011, 2:33 pm

Think i can write today's diary now,we have had loads of that British sunshine think its called rain,decided to go out to tescos by the sea and Morrison's not by the sea,spent a pleasant 15min watching a coach get stuck at a junction blocking all three ways, stocked up on BBQ essentials just in case,the only good thing is tescos have Newcastle brown buy two get one free and Nancy forced me to get some.
    Sat in the awning doing this because the rain sounds nicer on the single skin awning roof,there where plenty of indoor places we could have gone to but a wet Sunday means most of them will be packed with visitors (oh ime a visitor as well forgot that)
    Still a wet day camping is better than a dry day at work

mike
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 19 Jun 2011, 2:51 pm

mike if you like newcastle brown have you ever tried double maxim?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 19 Jun 2011, 3:07 pm

vickoir wrote:mike if you like newcastle brown have you ever tried double maxim?

Couldn't try any thing stronger i drink so little now after two Newcastle ime any and every ones Very Happy
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 19 Jun 2011, 3:11 pm

mike wrote:
    vickoir wrote:mike if you like newcastle brown have you ever tried double maxim?

Couldn't try any thing stronger i drink so little now after two Newcastle ime any and every ones Very Happy

it the same strength,
    but sunderlands answer to NCBA it is supposedly a lot nicer and smoother nick says its better and his stepdad who is a real ale drinker
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 19 Jun 2011, 4:12 pm

Really does look like a nice pitch Mike. Holiday diary 3498837457
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 20 Jun 2011, 2:25 pm

Well we woke to a glorious morning sun shining and warm,just got back from a drive and walk along the coast down to Hunstanton then called in at a few places on the way back,according to the forecast today is going to be the best day so sitting in the sun struggling to see the screen.

Found an insect screen for the dandy door one of those with mesh strips you can walk through may try to fit it later, think it only needs two holes drilling if its a success i will post pictures if its a failure i will keep quiet.

One of the pictures is for Helen

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 20 Jun 2011, 2:36 pm

Cod affraid thanks Mike pale Crying or Very sad Sad

On the bright side the other pictures are lovely Holiday diary 1710857839
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 20 Jun 2011, 4:39 pm

helen wrote:Cod affraid thanks Mike pale Crying or Very sad Sad

On the bright side the other pictures are lovely Holiday diary 1710857839

Thanks Helen every time I see the word cod i think of you cheers
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 20 Jun 2011, 4:46 pm

Yep thanks for that Mike ........... every time I hear or see the word Cod I think of worms What a Face and you and Nancy of course lol!
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Mon 20 Jun 2011, 5:22 pm

great pics looks like a lovely part of the country
    Keith
    Keith

Post by Keith Tue 21 Jun 2011, 9:20 am

It is lovely around that part of the coast and so much to see, one of my favourite places is the Muckleburgh Collection at Weybourne, just doown the road in Sheringham there is a great steam railway, and dont forget Cromer.

Making me wish I was in Norfolk again loads of great little places to visit.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 21 Jun 2011, 9:43 am

Keith wrote:It is lovely around that part of the coast and so much to see, one of my favourite places is the Muckleburgh Collection at Weybourne, just doown the road in Sheringham there is a great steam railway, and dont forget Cromer.

I just had a call from Mikes wife as he was driving ............... lucky bugger is on his way to Sheringham right now but I am sure he will tell us all about it when he gets back to his dandy Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:12 pm

Yup Sheringham and Cromer today,when i see places like this and compare them with my local seaside Cleethopes,they dont compare these places want visitors and make the place interesting and welcoming.
    The chap doing the painting was saying the local artist are doing this sort of work all over the sea front,it started with a vagrant stopping in sheringham and he was making pebble and stone pictures,would you believe it the council made him welcome and every thing started from that.
    Cromer is another good example a block of 20 parking places on the lower sea wall for disabled drivers who could not get down the steep walk ways,mind you it is more like Yorkshire for hills.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:47 pm

Keith wrote:It is lovely around that part of the coast and so much to see, one of my favourite places is the Muckleburgh Collection at Weybourne, just doown the road in Sheringham there is a great steam railway, and dont forget Cromer.

We like it, we are on a CL in a place just outside Wells called whieghton (excuse spelling i darnt get up and risk moving the dongle)we can hear the steam railway from the site,it doesn't bother me i can remember the steam days,those engines where alive.Makes me wish the shoulders where still up to kayaking with all the nice launch places around here
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:51 pm

NickB wrote:great pics looks like a lovely part of the country

Dont know about bike trails nick but there are loads of walkers around here
    Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve Tue 21 Jun 2011, 3:22 pm

That painting is great but the woman looks like she may of had a few too many newcastle browns Holiday diary 3943490063

lol!
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 21 Jun 2011, 3:25 pm

mike wrote:

We like it, we are on a CL in a place just outside Wells called whieghton (excuse spelling i darnt get up and risk moving the dongle)we can hear the steam railway from the site,it doesn't bother me i can remember the steam days,those engines where alive.Makes me wish the shoulders where still up to kayaking with all the nice launch places around here

now that's really piqued my interest as i'm very keen on kayaking and will def take a visit there now Smile must also visit those areas in quieter times as last time i was up there it was heaving as it was august, lovely area though Smile
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 22 Jun 2011, 12:49 pm

Today we decided to have a little look inland first,had read good reports about Burnham mkt so decided to go,well its all right but to be honest its no better and not as nice as some of the other villages and towns you find by accident,the little cottage took my fancy.
    We had to go the the coast again this time to take some pictures of Burnham overy staithe, harbour for Eilis as its an ideal place to launch a kayak,didn't check any thing but the boat yard says kayaks for rent.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 22 Jun 2011, 12:59 pm

Two more from today

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 23 Jun 2011, 1:01 pm

Dear diary done nothing today cheers that's what holidays are for sometimes
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:09 pm

mike wrote:Dear diary done nothing today cheers that's what holidays are for sometimes

hear hear lol Holiday diary 2618919104
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:23 am

Friday was a repeat of Thursday did absolutely nothing Very Happy its all over now going home today,its chucked it down with rain all night and still raining affraid oh my god a wet camper and awning what a problem lol! or is it so pleased its a dandy.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 25 Jun 2011, 8:13 am

Have a safe journey home and see you next weekend Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 25 Jun 2011, 2:23 pm

helen wrote:Have a safe journey home and see you next weekend Very Happy

Thanks Helen every things unloaded, left handy for woodhall dandy parked up,back to reality,while we where folding the dandy one of the caravan owners walked past and said that's the problem with them when you pack up in the rain,i explained then on his way back he said i have just seen the name on the back,my mate in hull had one he loved it Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 6:49 am