Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Camping food again

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Camping food again Empty Camping food again

Post by mike Mon 28 May 2012, 12:40 pm

Haven't seen or tried any yet but the Sunday paper had a piece about ready meals tesco where selling,these are so well sealed they can be kept at room temperature for 18 months there was curry,chicken something and beef in red wine £1.79 each.
    Owd Lad
    Owd Lad

Camping food again Empty Re: Camping food again

Post by Owd Lad Mon 28 May 2012, 8:13 pm

These sound handy but how do you heat them up? I'm definitely not into dragging the microwave along, we take enough gear as it is.

Steve
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 28 May 2012, 9:23 pm

Thought the user name was Owd Lad?

Surely you can remember the haute cuisine that was boil in the bag?
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 28 May 2012, 11:59 pm

I can only caramelize (new word for burnt Camping food again 1705467399 ) one pot meals so are these micro meals or boil ?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 30 May 2012, 6:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 30 May 2012, 7:03 pm

Caz1960 wrote:I can only caramelize (new word for burnt Camping food again 1705467399 ) one pot meals so are these micro meals or boil ?

I predict a healthy diet of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    With the occasional variety of Croque-madame or the Russian roulete version of the Croque-mademoiselle which can turn up as a sandwich or an omlette / crepe.

Une biere et un croque-monsieur the breakfast of champions. Only to be surpassed by Une biere un Armagnac et un croque-monsieur when it was a really hard night before.

For those who think I'm just a Philistine (Well it does fortify the over forties{Age related joke for over 60's})

Health benefits

Research conducted by scientists at Bordeaux University in 2007 suggested that Armagnac has health benefits,[3] finding that moderate consumption can help protect against heart disease and obesity. The research seemed to indicate that the benefits derived from its unique distillation process and aging rather than from its alcoholic content. The southwestern area of France, where Armagnac is produced, has some of the lowest cardiovascular disease rates in the world
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 31 May 2012, 3:17 am

Tow Itch wrote:
    Caz1960 wrote:I can only caramelize (new word for burnt Camping food again 1705467399 ) one pot meals so are these micro meals or boil ?

I predict a healthy diet of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    With the occasional variety of Croque-madame or the Russian roulete version of the Croque-mademoiselle which can turn up as a sandwich or an omlette / crepe.

Une biere et un croque-monsieur the breakfast of champions. Only to be surpassed by Une biere un Armagnac et un croque-monsieur when it was a really hard night before.

For those who think I'm just a Philistine (Well it does fortify the over forties{Age related joke for over 60's})

Health benefits

Research conducted by scientists at Bordeaux University in 2007 suggested that Armagnac has health benefits,[3] finding that moderate consumption can help protect against heart disease and obesity. The research seemed to indicate that the benefits derived from its unique distillation process and aging rather than from its alcoholic content. The southwestern area of France, where Armagnac is produced, has some of the lowest cardiovascular disease rates in the world

Very Happy yummy know what I will be living off when over the water Camping food again 1710857839
    Owd Lad
    Owd Lad

Post by Owd Lad Thu 31 May 2012, 11:58 am

I can remember boil in the bag, so are these boil in the box? Doesn't it make the cardboard go soggy?

Steve
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 31 May 2012, 12:53 pm

Owd Lad wrote:I can remember boil in the bag, so are these boil in the box? Doesn't it make the cardboard go soggy?

Steve

Yes it does but I generally find I prefer my cardboard a touch soggy!

Must be the affect of age on the chewing process.
    HIDEHI

Camping food again Empty food 4 campin,g sealer does it

Post by HIDEHI Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:16 pm

We have a jml food sealer, and on seing this post, cheers I thought we could make up some boil in the bag meals at home and airtight seal them to take on hols in Hidehi dandy. Very Happy Camping food again 2618919104 Camping food again 496639318 Camping food again 184121345
    I realise that the food sealer is over £40 to buy but look at the saveings on food bulk buy, and camping meals, Camping food again 1978086825 and picnic food.
    So i am going to think of some recepies to convert to boil in the bag, to heat up lol.
    Also the grill may work to heat up some food after takeing it out of the sealed bag that is. cook the chicken Camping food again 1049241286 and airseal it will keep longer Camping food again 2170595768 .
    HIDEHI

Camping food again Empty food homemade and air seal packed

Post by HIDEHI Mon 06 Aug 2012, 11:46 am

Boil in the bag Salman or other fish, serve with rice or new potatoes . Beef in gravy and herbs with new potatoes boil in the bag to heat up.

Make a stew of vege and meat of choice and vac pack it boil in bag to heat up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:50 pm