Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

What is camping

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

What is camping Empty What is camping

Post by mike Sat 03 Dec 2011, 4:00 pm

Where does camping finnish no one would argue that a tent is camping but what about a trailer tent,folding camper, caravan,camper van and motor home the clubs make some distinction ie the caravan club and the camping and caravan club the latter taking tents on there sites.
    I have just always thought i was camping no matter what unit i was using,perhaps i was wrong,if i had to find a cut off point i think it would be sleeping under a fabric roof or a solid one,that would make tents,trailer tents and folding campers camping and the rest something else,or is it the level of mod cons that make the dividing line. confused
    Cazz
    Cazz

What is camping Empty Re: What is camping

Post by Cazz Sun 04 Dec 2011, 7:52 pm

Good question and good points, hmmmmm, not sure, confused

Is it anything to do with being outside as opposed to being in a permanent building? scratch
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 04 Dec 2011, 9:09 pm

I think camping means being self sufficient in an area foreign to you, ie:- not using a hotel. Not staying with friends but being able to sleep under your own roof whatever it is made of
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 04 Dec 2011, 11:38 pm

I see mirrors between camping and travel.
    To travel by plane over continents but to go from one all inclusive resort to another is no..... education, fun, experience.
    I've camped by car, motorcycle and now moved to a Dandy (by way of trailer tent) I've never.... Oh I have camped by way of public transport but never cycle camped or hiked with a tent.
    The slower you move the less the distance you need to travel to have an adventure.
    The sixteen hours to Applecross was only 425 miles but a major adventure on a 125 m/c on L plates. If I'd have had a more competent m/c or, and been a better motorcyclist it would have been less of a journey.
    I don't do discernment If I had the money I could see the attractions and disadvantages of all from a £100,000 motorhome to a £10 secondhand Vango Force Ten.
    Second thoughts I do discern good kit from poor, but all else is a sliding scale, from comfort to immediacy, comfort to cost, freedom to comfort, etc, etc, etc.
    Never fancied a caravan as I perceived a slower travelling speed but then again travelling speed can be measured in various ways. 10 m.p.h. or more slower than an untethered car but all your gear stowed so not packing for five hours previously?
    Camping, caravaning, rooms, hotels, traveller and tourist all merge into one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 1:20 am