Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Dandy in the snow.

Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Dandy in the snow. Empty Dandy in the snow.

Post by Lol and Steve Sun 19 Jun 2011, 11:20 pm

I love your photo of your previous dandy in the snow Vicky and Nick.

We have never been camping in the height of winter cos we get too cold, the latest we go away is october half term but it's usually cold and p....s down all week so it's not normally a very good experience, so much so that Steve has said he doesn't want to do it again this year.

I hope i can change his mind cos that is our last holiday of the year before i have to empty the dandy out for the winter, then it seems like a really long wait until April school hols before we can set off again.

lol!

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Dandy in the snow. Empty Re: Dandy in the snow.

Post by Helen Mon 20 Jun 2011, 7:56 am

Camping out of season is great.............. It is so peaceful and the sites are quiet, you can often find that you have the whole campsite to yourself. The scenery can be very pretty when its a bit frosty. With a Dandy the season never really has to end. sunny We once had a bbq in the snow......... sounds a bit mad but although everywhere was white the sun was shining. bounce

We didnt winter camp at first but winter lasted for ever and we were itching for the start of the season so we thought we would give it a go...... we were sat at home fed up one weekend and wished we could get the Dandy out and go away for a couple of days. It was then that we realised the only thing stopping us was us. cheers

vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Mon 20 Jun 2011, 5:37 pm

i must admit we didn't expect snow on this trip we only went for one night as it was the first fine forcast after all the snow in nov and dec and we wanted to make sure everthing was ok after the bad weather we ended up there 2 nights and 3 days as we got snowed in, the pipes all froze and no running water in utility block, we had to pour buckets down loo, but it was beautiful and there was only nick me the dog and the wardens who kindly took nick to a supermarket in their 4x4 but we were lovely and toasty and the dandy handled the conditions perfectly and we actually have talked about being antisocial and going camping for xmas and new year Dandy in the snow. 1710857839
    Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve Mon 20 Jun 2011, 6:21 pm

That sounds good to me too but with having kids we have to stay home for xmas, my daughter usually comes home for the holidays and i have got a little grandson who is one now so xmas will be fun.

We camped in April in a tent once and when we woke up there was ice everywhere, we just got on with it then, but that was years ago when we weren't used to our creature comforts.

I like to go away just before the kids break up for the school hols cos it's not packed and you can get a seat in the pub or club, in school hols you just can't and it costs a fortune. I have booked a week in Tenby (south wales) just before the summer hols start which was supposed to be for just me and Steve but we will probably have to take our youngest with us, it will still be good though Tenby is lovely, i am not a beach person but the beaches in Tenby are gorgeous, and there is a very nice little town not far away from the camp.

lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 20 Jun 2011, 6:38 pm

vickoir wrote:i must admit we didn't expect snow on this trip we only went for one night as it was the first fine forcast after all the snow in nov and dec and we wanted to make sure everthing was ok after the bad weather we ended up there 2 nights and 3 days as we got snowed in, the pipes all froze and no running water in utility block, we had to pour buckets down loo, but it was beautiful and there was only nick me the dog and the wardens who kindly took nick to a supermarket in their 4x4 but we were lovely and toasty and the dandy handled the conditions perfectly and we actually have talked about being antisocial and going camping for xmas and new year Dandy in the snow. 1710857839

A dandy meet then
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:37 pm

that sounds like it was fantastic Steve, I love it when you're not really expecting anything special and everything just clicks like that Smile
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:43 pm

eilis is right steve sounds like it was great Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 8:58 am