Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
Nick
mike
Helen
7 posters

What happened to summer?

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

What happened to summer? Empty What happened to summer?

Post by Helen Tue 10 Jul 2012, 11:31 am

I've been away for 2 weeks now and have only seen the sun twice, we've had around 4 dry days but it's rained most nights and we've been flooded. The site is still difficult to get vehicles off as they get stuck and need towing. We haven't really camped in sunshine yet this year.

I wonder are we going to get an Indian summer this year and have a blazing Autumn sunny sunny sunny

I'm still away and may go home on Sunday ........ then again I may not lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

What happened to summer? Empty Re: What happened to summer?

Post by mike Tue 10 Jul 2012, 11:40 am

Helen wrote:I've been away for 2 weeks now and have only seen the sun twice, we've had around 4 dry days but it's rained most nights and we've been flooded. The site is still difficult to get vehicles off as they get stuck and need towing. We haven't really camped in sunshine yet this year.

I wonder are we going to get an Indian summer this year and have a blazing Autumn sunny sunny sunny

I'm still away and may go home on Sunday ........ then again I may not lol!

I reckon Johns kicked you out but you wont admit it lol! we had a week in march what more do you want
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 10 Jul 2012, 11:59 am

Apparently my dining room is having a make-over as a surprise and it's running behind. New floor going down today and it's done but I can't see it until it's all finished so I'm still here and hoping they start on the other rooms so I can stay longer lol! Johns gone home this morning with Bailey because I'm getting sick of wet muddy dog. Laura is joining me today with Evie Very Happy
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:59 pm

We hoped to get away last weekend but the forecast was rain rain rain,no thanks.I can only see us doing 1 more weekend this year then that's it till next year Sad
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Tue 10 Jul 2012, 5:26 pm

We had to cancel our trip last Friday. Crying or Very sad It looks like we may get a good September though Helen, bit late but what can you do, lovely British weather!!!!!
    Owd Lad
    Owd Lad

Post by Owd Lad Tue 10 Jul 2012, 6:03 pm

We'd planned a few days, with the Dandy, in Lancashire last week, catching up with kith & kin. Eventually it was shortened to an overnighter in the motorhome, on a relative's drive and then, having viewed the weather reports, to a day trip on Friday. On our way back up the M6 the warning signs were displaying "Heavy rain forecast for Saturday". We were glad to get home without meeting any real bad weather and then enjoyed a Saturday of glorious sunshine, a fairly good Sunday and a reasonable Monday. Had quite a lot of the wet stuff today, though nothing like the poor folks of places like Hebden Bridge. Do we have plans for going anywhere in the near future? No thanks, except for taking the kayak out for a paddle. I can get wet in that on a sunny day so rain doesn't really matter.

Steve
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 10 Jul 2012, 7:49 pm

We've had a few car show weekends cancelled this year due to to boggy fields, the show in a couple of weeks ish has also been cancelled, so to get some use from the classic set up we've come away mid week. Working alternate weekends and having a weekend break mid week is good, because there are no kids, it's less busy and it's quieter, and the free weekend is available for events. Very Happy

Helen, have you been sent pics of home so you don't forget what it looks like? lol! I bet you're munching through your dongle data. Smile
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 11 Jul 2012, 9:40 am

I'm hoping it looks different Laughing

Laura is coming today as she couldn't get here yesterday but she is bringing the camera with pics of the progress of my dining room cheers

Must admit I'm missing my bath now ..... a shower isn't quite the same Neutral

I've just checked my dongle use and still have tons left scratch I need to use it more What a Face
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 11 Jul 2012, 2:49 pm

Helen wrote:I'm hoping it looks different Laughing

Laura is coming today as she couldn't get here yesterday but she is bringing the camera with pics of the progress of my dining room cheers

I've just checked my dongle use and still have tons left scratch I need to use it more What a Face

Its surprising how little a dongle uses just surfing normal web pages
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Wed 11 Jul 2012, 2:55 pm

mike wrote:
    Helen wrote:I'm hoping it looks different Laughing

Its surprising how little a dongle uses just surfing normal web pages

It is, our total internet use for two of us for the past two to two and half months is 4.5GB on our mobile sim, and that is for everything as we don't have a landline. What happened to summer? 2667980805
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:45 pm

Rain and cold this week and a ground frost forecast for Cumbria ....... it's almost August Shocked
    abc5575

Post by abc5575 Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:51 pm

Hi Helen, glad to hear that we are not the only people to prefer a bath to a shower.

You cannot relax the same in a shower,lol
    I like to lie in the bath for at least 8 overs of the test match, or 1st or 2nd half of Newcastle or Sunderland game,lol.

It has been sunny and warm here on Tyneside for past 3 days. It is cooling down though now, very windy, I have taken off my cropped troons and put full length ones on, and I have put socks on.

Soon time to get the Christmas tree out. What happened to summer? 1705467399
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:15 pm

don't put your cropped pants away yet, I still have high hopes for September sunny and if it rains at least they don't get soggy bottoms on wet grass Smile
    abc5575

Post by abc5575 Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:35 pm

Helen. I always pack a couple of pairs of crops, bought O/H some, but he refuses to wear them.

Sometime men can be awkward, he also never takes his wellies either. Mad
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:43 pm

abc5575 wrote:Helen. I always pack a couple of pairs of crops, bought O/H some, but he refuses to wear them.

Sometime men can be awkward, he also never takes his wellies either. Mad

John won't wear crops either, he says he looks like he belongs in a paddy field Rolling Eyes He has only just started wearing welly's but only because I bought them and put them in the boot of the car and it's been very muddy and wet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 9:25 pm