Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+13
Caz1960
lynn83
Cazz
John
Owd Lad
jenstar
vickoir
Nick
Tow Itch
Lol and Steve
Eilis
Helen
mike
17 posters

Why did you choose a dandy

Krist0n
    Krist0n

Why did you choose a dandy - Page 2 Empty Re: Why did you choose a dandy

Post by Krist0n Sat 04 Feb 2012, 5:12 am

We got our Dandy as we can certainly not afford hols abroad anymore now we have 4 little uns, and we all love camping(can't vouch for the babys yet though). The best holiday we have ever had was in a tent in France. The worst holiday was also in a tent lol. But that was in North Wales, in April, minus degrees, gale force winds, and terrential rain, all in a £100 tent from Argos, which returned to Argos promptly on return lol.
    Also sick of the hard, cold ground.
    Looked at other trailer tents, but the fact you don't have to dry the Dandy out (although we will, but with no great urgency), drew us to the Dandy.
    Aswell as all that, now I have passed my class 1 and drive an articulated wagon, I need to show my reversing skills off to my wife and kids......

There is also the fact that we can have a longer season, and see more of our own beautiful country. We have seen plenty of palm trees and golden beaches Sad Sad Sad and nowhere near enough of the UK. In the wise words of Dorothy. "There's no place like home........"
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 04 Feb 2012, 5:42 am

Krist0n wrote:We got our Dandy as we can certainly not afford hols abroad anymore now we have 4 little uns, and we all love camping(can't vouch for the babys yet though). The best holiday we have ever had was in a tent in France. The worst holiday was also in a tent lol. But that was in North Wales, in April, minus degrees, gale force winds, and terrential rain, all in a £100 tent from Argos, which returned to Argos promptly on return lol.
    Also sick of the hard, cold ground.
    Looked at other trailer tents, but the fact you don't have to dry the Dandy out (although we will, but with no great urgency), drew us to the Dandy.
    Aswell as all that, now I have passed my class 1 and drive an articulated wagon, I need to show my reversing skills off to my wife and kids......

There is also the fact that we can have a longer season, and see more of our own beautiful country. We have seen plenty of palm trees and golden beaches Sad Sad Sad and nowhere near enough of the UK. In the wise words of Dorothy. "There's no place like home........"

Palm trees in London just for you
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Sat 04 Feb 2012, 6:00 am

lmao mike. So I can strike London off my list! hehe
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Sat 04 Feb 2012, 7:26 am

we had 2 family holidays abroad - 1 week then a 2 week one to the same place back to back years
    had 1st holiday with our youngest being born in the april and we went in July - allthough it was fun it was costly.

we then decided to book a holiday in cornwall in a caravan and had good times.
    family members decided to have a camping weekend in Devon and my wife did not like the idea of tents but on our return was on ebay looking at tents.

bought our Skandika 5 man tunnel tent from germany and had a few trips in that but on one of them it did nothing but rain - we had seen trailer tents when we were away and thought mmmm fancy one of those.

FFWD - couple of years and on our tent holiday last year saw a few cool trailer tents so the hunt was on.

picked up ours this year, so looking forward to fun times. still cant belive we picked it up for £250.00

lazydayz
    lazydayz

Why did you choose a dandy - Page 2 Empty Dandy pic for caz

Post by lazydayz Sun 05 Feb 2012, 2:42 pm

Hi caz, this is a picture of my "elderly dandy". You can see the likeness now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    slipstream
    slipstream

Why did you choose a dandy - Page 2 Empty Re: Why choose a Dandy?

Post by slipstream Sun 05 Feb 2012, 3:41 pm

We've had numerous caravans & campers over the years. Our thoughts are as follows:-

Caravans are like towing a box of air behind the car - Dandys ae light and easy to tow.

Caravans are tough to store when not used, Dandys are a doddle!

Caravans often need beds putting away in daytime, Dandys don't.

Caravans cost a lot on ferries when holidaying abroad - Dandys don't

Tents and campers can take an age to erect - Dandys' don't

Tents & campers have issues when wet - Dandys don't

Over engineered, so last an age - look at the numbers of units over 25 years old & still in remarkable good nick!

They're quirky!

Easy As!!

Why did you choose a dandy - Page 2 2792229418 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sun 05 Feb 2012, 7:30 pm

Thanks for the comparison pic lazydayz, I see what you mean about them both fitting the same description. lol!

I see slipstream has a twin. Wink
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:12 pm

Qoted from slipstream
    "Over engineered, so last an age - look at the numbers of units over 25 years old & still in remarkable good nick!

They're quirky!"

SPOT ON!! Couldn't and didn't say it quite as well as that!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 9:28 am