Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

2007 Destiny for sale

TimWheeler

2007 Destiny for sale Empty 2007 Destiny for sale

Post by TimWheeler Wed 05 Sep 2012, 7:41 pm

Hi,

I have a 2007 Destiny for sale. £4995 ono.

I did load an advert onto pre-loved but the ad has been deleted because I included a link to RIVA for the specification.
    I will try to re-list it.

If there is someone with a Dart or Delta, or perhaps Designer looking to change to a larger Dandy I may be interested in p/x as I am looking to downsize.

It has zip and fitting dor an Acrylic awning, but accordingly to the first owners when the awning eventually arrived it was a PVC one - apparently they couldn't supply the Acryllic one - guess it was near the time RIVA ceased manufacture.

As RIVA spec + bedroom window, wardrobe, under bed skirt, water containers, 85Ah battery.
    Colour is Dark Blue/White same as last version, as shown on RIVA website.

All in excellent condition.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

2007 Destiny for sale Empty Re: 2007 Destiny for sale

Post by Tow Itch Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:17 pm

I'd sent a message to Tim and promised to host any photos he sent me on here.
    I'm having problems hosting the compressed files. I'll have another go AM tomorrow.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ah that took an age. The files were zipped in such a manner that I couldn't individually open them nor copy. I was allowed to view and turn each into my wallpaper and then could copy from the wallpaper. No doubt someone with more knowledge would have found an easier way.

Tim
    General numpty question. There are some very early Toileted Destinys made in the classic alloy bodied form. When Dandy moved to using Fibreglass (GRP) are they just GRP end caps for the front and rear with alloy skinned sides or is the whole body GRP? I realise though I've seen Destinys in the flesh I've never run my hands down the sides.

Now I know what I'm doing 2007 Destiny for sale 1705467399 send as many pictures as you can/want.
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Sun 09 Sep 2012, 2:05 am

I would say from looking at my 2006 model, that the sides are alloy.
    TimWheeler

Post by TimWheeler Mon 10 Sep 2012, 12:15 am

Rather odd about problem with photos, as I didn't zip them myself. Must have been Windows Mail that did it.

Sides are alloy - ends are grp.

Packed picture was taken for my records - it is not stored like that. I have a made to measure breathable storage cover by Pro-tek which completely covers the camper. It took them 2 goes to get right - they claimed they new the size already, but guess dimensions they had was for pre-toilet model! I can supply a picture.

Extra photos I have show internal packing sequence. It is simple but for a new owner a useful reference, though it is quite simple.
    Also unit folding sequence, but it is the same as all Dandy's just bigger, though ok due to the gas struts.

Talking of gas struts, I found a brilliant gas strut supplier when in 2009 I had to replace the struts on my 1988 Dandy 6 (sold 2010 when I bought current one). Very rapid servce and a lot cheaper than RIVA. sgs-engineering.

I have searched for pictures with the awning fitted and don't have any. It only gets used for longer stays and then usually without the front panel, which has only been used once. Pictures show the unit with the cotton liner fitted - again something I don't bother with for weekends.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 10 Sep 2012, 9:41 pm

I'd sent a message to Tim and promised to host any photos he sent me on here.
    I'm having problems hosting the compressed files. I'll have another go AM tomorrow.

Ah that took an age. The files were zipped in such a manner that I couldn't individually open them nor copy. I was allowed to view and turn each into my wallpaper and then could copy from the wallpaper. No doubt someone with more knowledge would have found an easier way.

Tim
    General numpty question. There are some very early Toileted Destinys made in the classic alloy bodied form. When Dandy moved to using Fibreglass (GRP) are they just GRP end caps for the front and rear with alloy skinned sides or is the whole body GRP? I realise though I've seen Destinys in the flesh I've never run my hands down the sides.

Now I know what I'm doing 2007 Destiny for sale 1705467399 send as many pictures as you can/want.

Picture of Destiny resting beneath a fetching green all weather cover.

Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Sat 15 Sep 2012, 11:25 pm

How much did the storage cover cost? We have the same Dandy, but garage space is an issue with 4 kids :/ so has to be kept on the drive.
    TimWheeler

2007 Destiny for sale Empty Storage cover for 2007 Destiny

Post by TimWheeler Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:52 pm

Cover was made to order by Pro-Tek. Cost including p+p was £216 in 2010.

When I ordered it what arrived was wrong size - They were confident they knew size ( I did say I could give measurements).

It appeared Protek had sign of pre-toilet Destiny, but immediately apologised and made the cover to my dimensions.
    Cover includes staps to hold it down and a door access panel.

If anyone needs a cover for a pre-toilet destiny Pro-Tek may still have it and be keen to sell.

I previously had an 88 Dandy 6 for which I also bought a storage cover. That one cost £100 in 1997 from a company in sheffield that made lorry tarpaulins. Heavier duty, but no straps and no door panel. My feeling is thart Pro-Tek cover won't last as long, but if it manages 10 years will have been money well spent.
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Sat 20 Oct 2012, 6:55 pm

Tim, would a 1994 Designer be of any interest in p/x.

We are looking for something bigger although I'm not certain that a Destiny will squeeze into our tiny garage.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 20 Oct 2012, 10:41 pm

Apologies Tim posting here is possibly poor form.

Peridot

Not as big as this but then also nowhere near as flash is the non toilet Destiny Highside that I was going to look at for Littlemisshs.

It's on Preloved. They have listed it as about 1993. Well it's at least 1995 because for good or ill it has double glazed windows. I'd say it's later than 1995 because its either been re covered or the soft furnishings are late 90's. Also the suspension has been replaced.
    Now it's a canvas awning but it could certainly be worth a look. If this is not your thing and you really want to go all posh post the link to Preloved on the Dandys for sale section. I realise I never have.

TimWheeler

2007 Destiny for sale Empty p/x for 95 Designer

Post by TimWheeler Sun 21 Oct 2012, 8:27 am

Hi Peridot,

It is a Designer I am looking to change to and 90's would be fine.

Look for Dandy serial number plate on draw bar a 95 should be xxxx-95L, if consistent with numbers on ones I have owned.
    However, condition/maintenance and inclusion of an awning is more relevant than a few years each way.

Sizes from Dandy RIVA website

Width

2007 Destiny - 205cm (17cm wider than Designer)
    pre 04 Destiny - 198cm
    post 04 there was the non toileted 6 berth Dimension 205cm.

Length folded including tow hitch

2007 Destiny - 455cm
    pre 04 Destiny - 406cm
    Dimension - 352cm

Height packed - 135cm

Width Length
    Non toilet Destiny (pre-2004), later called
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:15 pm

Thanks Tow Itch and Tim.

Well the older Destiny would just squeeze into the garage so is perfect from that point of view.

However Mrs Peridot is very keen on both the dark blue colour and, more particularly, on having an onboard loo so structural modifications to the garage have been proposed 2007 Destiny for sale 143088812

I'll drop you a PM with my email address Tim, and we can see what we can work out.
    TimWheeler

Post by TimWheeler Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:29 pm

Inside toilet and built in fridge was reason I upgraded in 2009 from a 1988 Dandy 6, I had owned for 18 years and had plenty of life left in it.
    I will miss both of these features, but it is to big for solo use.

Length excluding draw bar is 355cm, so maybe garage only needs a small kennel type extension.

Tim

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 9:19 am