Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
Helen
mike
Water-Drops
7 posters

Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?

Post by mike Fri 02 Nov 2012, 1:33 pm

HIDEHI wrote:
    Water-Drops wrote:Due to an extremely friendly and very helpful Forum Member who has been messaging me, I may have changed my mind! What I will probably do now, is sell the Pennine Fiesta and use the profit I make to bring this Dandy up to scratch. I knew as soon as I set up the Fiesta that it did not feel right, but felt a 1960s camper was just too old fashioned and not modern enough for me to want to camp in, but it is so much better thought out and can be amazing again. I will reset it up again and remind myself of why I can't bare to sell it!!! Fantastic Forum, Thankyou Smile)))

Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  - Page 2 1217042266 Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  - Page 2 1428739134 Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  - Page 2 184121345 Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  - Page 2 184121345 good for you, we have had 3 dandies over the yrs and our only regret was selling a dandy and buying a 10 yr younger caravan, that had a leek after only a few months, big expence. the dandy bed was far more comfy the dandy towed great, infact we get 60mpg from our citroen eco hdi with dabdy not even felt on tow lol.
    We are doing out dandy up, the other week we went to stoke to get gas struts fited on the beds, it came with 2040v electrics but i did not like the 12v system, so now sorting that and fiting solar power to run a fridge/ coler, and int light, and water pump.
    And remember Mate these dandies go for ever if looked after, and yours looks like it has been loved my the persons who had it before you.
    And lots of friends and info and help on here, there is also other info to be had on the web, my email is removed for safety send me a email and i will send more dandy links to you Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  - Page 2 2618919104 Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  - Page 2 2618919104 Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  - Page 2 496639318 Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  - Page 2 40847162

I removed your email address as you could get any crap if its on the forum,just post the dandy links we may all enjoy them.

mike
    HIDEHI

Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?

Post by HIDEHI Fri 02 Nov 2012, 4:53 pm

Thanks MIke, here are the links

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] He did my bed gas struts for £200

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the cool box is the same as I have jest purchased for my dandy.
    And I will not be running a tv lol.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this is the box I am going to use for the solar power

HIDEHI

Post by HIDEHI Fri 02 Nov 2012, 4:59 pm

Caz1960 wrote: Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  - Page 2 2702329197 Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  - Page 2 2702329197 glam it up girl I have and still got more to do as it's my little home on the move my six has flowers all over the outside [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

my 5 is going through a full modernisation to suit my son's needs and mine I love glamping Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  - Page 2 2702329197 Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  - Page 2 2702329197

paint , wallpaper or fablon the inside and you will glow with pride when campers coo over your Dandy

Groovy cool Dandy dude, them flower power vibes lol Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  - Page 2 2197500976 Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  - Page 2 2161515090 Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  - Page 2 184121345 lol! Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  - Page 2 1710857839
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 02 Nov 2012, 5:01 pm

Sorry but i had to remove the first link,there is a lot of history involved from when we started which is best left buried,but thanks for the other links.

mike
    HIDEHI

Post by HIDEHI Fri 02 Nov 2012, 5:05 pm

Ok Mike no probs, I never knew abou8t all the preev probs you had.
    I have been a chairman and secretary of a few disabled orgs so know the probs that can happen.
    Glad you liked the other links hope they help some members as they have me lol.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 02 Nov 2012, 5:14 pm

Actually i had seen the trailer one before,a great idea.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sun 04 Nov 2012, 3:03 pm

Milo's relation. Very Happy

As our 60's Dandy is so originally and in such good condition, we were reluctant to use it for our main holidays with pets and things in it the whole time. So we bought an 80's one too to take the wear and tear, and the 60's one is for use as a practical car accessory. Rolling Eyes

Good luck with the sale, and your search for your perfect Dandy. Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 04 Nov 2012, 8:02 pm

I see congratulations are in order. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Best of luck with your pending shopping. Will it be a Designer or 6 or do you fancy a Highside destiny.

If it's of any use the Highside Destiny on Preloved is quite close to me and I'd previously offered to view it for a prospective purchaser who then bought something else.
    Water-Drops
    Water-Drops

Post by Water-Drops Sun 04 Nov 2012, 11:07 pm

Thankyou (I hope anyway) this is the waiting game bit to see if they will now honour the purchase! :/
    I am besotted with the Destiny, it is gorgeous, but I can't believe the price jump I would need to make to achieve it. I have today picked up a bargain price (sorry going to swear) Conway Cruiser 1996. Now I need to decide whether to resell to use as a stepping stone to the destiny, or use it for the season to see how I get on, with the aim of a future Destiny. How much is the one on PreLoved? I can't seem to find it.
    Smile
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 05 Nov 2012, 7:05 am

sorry the link to the Destiny isn't working for me at the moment .... preloved isn't loading for me either so it's probably them and not the link.

The price jump could have something to do with the 30 year age gap and also all of the extra's you get lol! it is a big step up from your old green Dandy in size too.

As for buying a Conway as a stepping stone ....... Good luck when it's chucking it down and you have to pack away Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  - Page 2 3462454224

Water-Drops
    Water-Drops

Post by Water-Drops Mon 05 Nov 2012, 8:11 am

Pre Loved has not been working since yesterday afternoon, very frustrating!
    Yes I know, back to the tent canvas Sad very frustrating! The Dandy should be being picked up next Thursday x
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 05 Nov 2012, 8:52 am

The Highside Destiny in question.

The big issue is the cut to the roof if it's interior or exterior and how big. If exterior if any water has got in.

The price has been dropped to £1,450 I think it originally started off at the £1,700 mark.

Having spoken to the owner they hadn't realised to advertise that the suspension had been renewed.

It's advertised as a 1993 model but as it has double glazing it must be at least 1995. It also has the dark blue upholstery so is either later than 95 or the upholstery has been renewed.

The awning is not a Dandy PVC one but not ascertained if it's canvas or acrylic.

Only downside is that these are higher and longer to tow than the rear entry Dandys but no worse than a big Conway.

Come on fess up post the advert for the Conway you bought we'll not mock too much.
    Water-Drops
    Water-Drops

Post by Water-Drops Mon 05 Nov 2012, 10:11 am

That Destiny is definitely the size I want, fully winterised too which is perfect. I love the windows and the door. The Conway just kind of happened, I came accross the advert, the size looks identical to the Destiny, I thought as the advert said offers, I would put in a silly offer .... I said £200 being I need to di some repairs to the fabric .... I knew full well that the offer would need to be nearer £900 minimum. He said, do you know what, I have a deadline to move it from my friends drive as they are on the market and have a viewer on Sunday, he had just upgraded to a caravan. He said if I can get there and take it straight away for £250 then it's mine!!! So I did, I figured it is another step closer to the next Dandy, but looking at the size and photos, I am wondering whether it will grab me? It is at my brothers farm, I will go there on Saturday, get it all up and see what it feels like all opened out on Saturday!?!

For some reason it won't let me post the link .... But it is on pre loved 1996 Conway Cruiser Offers.
    HIDEHI

Post by HIDEHI Mon 05 Nov 2012, 3:30 pm

a long time ago we changed from an orange dandy to a camplet thinking it would be easyer to put up.
    Yes it was but sleeping in it on a ccc da meet was not as good as the old dandy.
    Camplet = canverse = colder = fold wet not good, comfy and practical no it was not.

Got another, ( brown dandy 5) and had lots of hols in that no probs folding wet, more comfy, more safe, far better .
    HIDEHI

Post by HIDEHI Mon 05 Nov 2012, 3:35 pm

jest had the docs for the dandy owners club membership this morning.
    Going up to the storage yard tomorrow to take out the matreses.
    And see how easy hidehi goes up with the gas struts and the new way of erecting and folding.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 6:10 pm