Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Wanted Roof Liner for 1990 Designer

bradfordlad

Wanted Roof Liner for 1990 Designer Empty Wanted Roof Liner for 1990 Designer

Post by bradfordlad Sun 11 Nov 2012, 7:56 pm

Looking to purchase a roof liner for a light blue and white designer if you can help please get in touch...Thanks Paul
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Wanted Roof Liner for 1990 Designer Empty Re: Wanted Roof Liner for 1990 Designer

Post by Tow Itch Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:36 pm

Helen and others have made up roof liners for the awning to stop any condensation dripping down.
    As for the unit itself as far as I know it's make your own, get friend to run one up for you or buy one from Dandy. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not too cheap you may get someone to run something up cheaper. Yes I know the irony of this readers. Paul please see where I've been asking if people are prepared to spend more on items from Riva. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you or friend end up constructing a roof liner and or curtains it might be a good idea to consider treating the cotton or polycotton with a flame retardant treatment. Both fabrics can burn very rapidly. I'd have to give the credit to this point to the Dandy Forum as it's been mentioned on there recently.

Last edited by Helen on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link to thread change)
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Wanted Roof Liner for 1990 Designer Empty Re: Wanted Roof Liner for 1990 Designer

Post by mike Mon 12 Nov 2012, 1:02 pm

Kevin s statement about fire retardant is absolutely the correct advice and i for one wouldn't have a liner inside the dandy that was not flame retardant,for my own personnel use i have a untreated one in the awning but we dont cook or have naked flame heating devices in there so are prepared to risk it,the same reason we dont have a co detector never use gas heating just a little bit of cooking,for any one using any form of gas heater they are a must.

mike
    bradfordlad

Post by bradfordlad Thu 15 Nov 2012, 4:47 pm

Yes thanks for the info...i think i will get a new one from Riva.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 9:05 pm