Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+6
Caz1960
Phoenix
mike
navver
Helen
Jennywren
10 posters

hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too!

Jennywren

hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! Empty hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too!

Post by Jennywren Tue 15 Jan 2013, 12:28 am

Hello there I am planning to get a Dandy this year in time for an early start to the season. I have met a few Dandy Campers on my travels, most recently a couple at Woodbridge who were on the same campsite, this has reawakened this feeling for me.

I am looking for a DANDY DART mainly because it would be the same width as my towing vehicle and my storage space is limited. I recently noticed that there exists the DANDY DASH which I thought might suit me but read somewhere that it has some Canvas and I don't think I want canvas! (I'm impressed by the rot resistant properties of the PVC!)

I would like winterisation of the roof & walls,floor heater an awning would be useful I don't really need the kitchen as I have that including the kitchen sink! in my tow van and can move that unit out if I wish.I don't even need the electric liesure battery/hook up as I have that all in my little van too. I may need gas struts on the beds (retro fit?)
    It is a Really Good Quality trailer unit that will last me so I can use my existing camping equipment in it that I need.
    javascript:emoticonp('hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 3870488038')looking forward to being part of DandyWorld from Jennywren
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! Empty Re: hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too!

Post by Helen Tue 15 Jan 2013, 8:38 am

hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 1066248140 Hi, sounds like you have a plan Very Happy

I'm not sure about the Dash having canvas I've not seen one yet apart from in pictures. If you didn't need the kitchen you could always leave the top unit out and perhaps rig a top to go onto the cupboards that would suit your needs.

Hope your Dandy finds you soon hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 1217042266
    navver

hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! Empty Re: hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too!

Post by navver Tue 15 Jan 2013, 9:11 am

Hi Jenny, not sure if you know, but the Dash was a budget version with no kitchen. I think there were a few other changes to cheapen it as well.

There is a mid 80s Delta (the old 4/5) on preloved. These are about 10 inches wider than a Dart.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 15 Jan 2013, 2:29 pm

hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 1217042266 to the forum,from what i remember about the dash it is all pvc no canvas,i dont think any left the factory with full insulation and they dont have a wooden door its a pvc zipped door,my personal feeling is it was a poorly considered attempt to put a cheaper model on the market and i for one was never impressed by it,open to being proved wrong though lol!
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Tue 15 Jan 2013, 9:42 pm

Hello and hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 936075699 Jennywren. hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 1066248140

Good luck in your search for your Dandy, we hope you find the one that suits you best.

When you were at Woodbridge were you far from home? We are about 25 miles north from there. Smile
    Jennywren

hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! Empty Good to hear back from you all

Post by Jennywren Tue 15 Jan 2013, 11:48 pm

hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 115684958
    Thanks for your replies:

('hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 1978086825')
    Helen I have "A Plan" nice to think a Dandy will find me, meanwhile i'll have a go at going out to meet Dandy coming my way.

Thanks to Navver re link to Delta ad

Also to Mike re Dash i feel inclined to leave the Dash idea behind as a less "substantial" option and focus on a light blue Dart i think.

Phoenix I met a couple from Mersea Island at Woodbridge campsite which is one of my local camping places. I live "in the corner" of Suffolk on the Essex/Cambridge borders so geographically you are probably my nearest Dandy contact so far......having Renovation Advice not too far away seems a Good Thing to me javascript:emoticonp('Smile')
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Wed 16 Jan 2013, 12:03 am

hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 3517506835 hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 3517506835 hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 3517506835 hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 1217042266 hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 1217042266 hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 1217042266 hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 3517506835 hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 3517506835 hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 3517506835

I agree The dandy seems to find their owner flower

Its good to hear " you have a plan" Suspect now would that be A B or gone past that hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 3462454224

Glad to see that you have joined us hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 1217042266
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 16 Jan 2013, 7:58 am

We all keep our eye's out for Dandy's so should a Dart show up for sale I'm sure someone will let you know Very Happy
    Is the colour important to you or would you consider other than light blue?
    Jennywren

Post by Jennywren Wed 16 Jan 2013, 2:05 pm

j
    avascript:emoticonp('hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 3517506835')thanks Caz1960 I'm splashing in puddles as we speak! carrying on carrying on with thoughts of camping out again soon javascript:emoticonp('hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 2618919104')want to get youngsters Dandying!!javascript:emoticonp('sunny')
    Jennywren

Post by Jennywren Wed 16 Jan 2013, 2:20 pm

hi Helen I'm tending to think seriously about the Light blue cos of views I've read up on which indicate that they are probably the age that is best quality for reasonable price ALSO lite enough to keep spirits up on dull days (i have a variable health condition and sometimes have to spend more time than planned inside the camping unit in a recovery position......Also I'm hoping MY Dandy will call me from not too far away for veiwing but hey when this snow clears I might just be ready for a jauntjavascript:emoticonp('hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 1710857839')in my little van will keep a look out for posts for a Dandy dart thanks Helen
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 22 Jan 2013, 8:42 pm

Hi Jennywren hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 1217042266 to the forum, good luck to your new Dandy in finding you, ours also found us. hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 1066248140
    Jennywren

hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! Empty reply Cazz

Post by Jennywren Tue 22 Jan 2013, 10:02 pm

Thanks Cazz I'm hoping snow will clear and someone fairly local will have a suitable Dandy Dart for me to view and hopefully find to be a suitible match to purchase!'sunny'

Your outfits sound good matching years and colours.......Nice
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 22 Jan 2013, 10:52 pm

Jennywren wrote:Thanks Cazz I'm hoping snow will clear and someone fairly local will have a suitable Dandy Dart for me to view and hopefully find to be a suitible match to purchase!'sunny'

Your outfits sound good matching years and colours.......Nice

Thank you, there's quite a few pics dotted around the forum. It all started with the classic one as an accessory for the classic car, but it proved so practical that we used it all the time, but we didn't want to wear it out - so we bought another to take the wear and tear of our main holiday, the classic is now semi retired. Rolling Eyes

Both found us at good prices, one was from ebay - after viewing, and the other was from a member on here. Your perfect one will find you, they always do. Very Happy
    odienoo

Post by odienoo Wed 23 Jan 2013, 10:14 am

Hi jennywren, I just saw this on ebay and thought if your hunt:

Not insulated but has full awning and small leightweight one. May be someone else on here??? they are clearly dandy fans, they are upgrading to a destiny.

Goid luck, chris
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Wed 23 Jan 2013, 11:08 am

odienoo wrote:Hi jennywren, I just saw this on ebay and thought if your hunt:

Not insulated but has full awning and small leightweight one. May be someone else on here??? they are clearly dandy fans, they are upgrading to a destiny.

Goid luck, chris

that's a good one if any one wants it best to ask what the reserve is as it might be super big. its not a tragic event not to have insulation as there are ways and means to correct that but the awning is a bonus
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 23 Jan 2013, 12:44 pm

A bit of a hint of the sort of money they are looking for!

Suffolk20
    Suffolk20

Post by Suffolk20 Fri 25 Jan 2013, 8:05 pm

Jenny Wren a big Hifrom Mersea Island. I was having a little drift through the correspondance on the Dandy site and noticed you met a couple with a Dandy at Woodbridge last year. I thought, "well that could have been us", but then how many people go to Woodbridge? However a few replies down and I saw Mersea Island mentioned and I'm a thinking "how many people who live on Mersea Island (population 6.5k) have a Dandy and were at Woodbridge last year. I think that narrows it down to us. If you remember ours was a Dart, so just what you would be looking for to sit behind your van. Perhaps one will find you I do hope so. When we got ours it was mainly through my cousins wife. She had noticed an advert in The Camping Club magazine and I also had seen it, but seeing it was on the outskirts of London I thought, well that must have sold straight away, but no when I phoned up it was still there we saw it liked it and the rest is history as they say. Will keep an ear to the ground if we hear of anything, not much on our little Island but you never know do you. Anyways all the best for now and may see you sometime in your new "home". Keep looking. Spring is a good time and its just around the corner (we hope)
    Jennywren

hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! Empty Thanks for telling me

Post by Jennywren Thu 31 Jan 2013, 12:59 am

oops1 Turned my back for a day or two and missed the chance to veiw that one you sent the link for or my computer wouldn't connect me.............But THANKS anyway odienoo and I'll try and keep up! Snow all gone and weather very mild here Sunshine for a few ours too yipee high winds though

regards jennywren
    in suffolk
    Jennywren

Post by Jennywren Thu 31 Jan 2013, 1:54 am

I did get onto the ebay page to look at Dandy Delta looks and sounds like its in good condition............ then I spent a bit of time looking at dimensions and I really must go for the Dandy Dart as it's the right size packed down to follow my Yanny Van which is important to me. Thanks Caz1960 also.'hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 115684958')I'm feeling confident that Dandy Dart will find me like you folks say he will.

'hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! 2618919104' Roll on spring and getting out there
    jennywren
    Jennywren

hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! Empty Big Hi to Suffolk20

Post by Jennywren Thu 31 Jan 2013, 2:05 am

Big Hi to you both Yes We were at Woodbridge with the caravan and remember you both well. Like you say you never know when another Dandy Dart will come along fairly locally I hope and not too far in the future. It was a nice surprise to see your post.
    wishing you both All the best
    Jennywren
    Jennywren

hi folks I would like to be a Dandy Camper too! Empty Thanks Tow Itch

Post by Jennywren Thu 31 Jan 2013, 2:15 am

thanks for the "hint" on pricing thats about as far as I can go I reckon but I think it must be a Dart.....
    Jennywren

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 3:14 pm