Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Horse meat the serious thread

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Horse meat the serious thread  Empty Horse meat the serious thread

Post by mike Thu 14 Feb 2013, 6:14 am

Put a few jokes on about it but what are your feelings,whilst not choosing to eat horse meat ime not horrified that i may have eaten it,of course i may not have as i never eat frozen ready meals but do have the odd chilled ready meal.
    The drugs used on animals not intended for the food chain does concern me and it is in my opinion the most concerning aspect.Since retiring from the paint industry i have worked in ready meal factory's and find the standards generally fairly high,but must say some of the blame has to be placed with the supermarkets with there continual policy of driving prices down from suppliers the savings not always passed on to the consumer.
    The best company i worked for was Geest there products for all the major super markets where made to the highest standards,they went broke others that cut corners are still in business,i for one would pay an extra 50p per meal if it guaranteed the content and quality.

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Horse meat the serious thread  Empty Re: Horse meat the serious thread

Post by Helen Thu 14 Feb 2013, 5:53 pm

To me the thoughts of eating or having eaten horse meat is horrible, it would be like eating my pet dog as I had my own horses for many many years. I wouldn't eat rabbit either but know that many people do and enjoy it, I thinks it's down to personal feelings but am really annoyed that people were being sold one product as something else, we have a right to know what we are buying and eating. I don't really do processed food but it makes you wonder what's in the mince we buy to make our own meals.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 14 Feb 2013, 8:21 pm

Shocked I have eaten horse meat but knew it at the time being in Germany but that is a choice I made at the time but would not eat dog in Phillipines or puffer fish in Japan but as Mike said it's the drugs that causes the problems as the Chickens were fed hormones ( female) and the male population grew boob's so my thing is " if it's man made don't touch look what happened to the cows " unless mother nature grew it that's ok the supermarkets should be held more accountable as they push prices up to the consumer and push the prices down for the manufacturing and suppliers
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 14 Feb 2013, 8:25 pm

Ah so someone is to blame for John's Moobs lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 5:31 am