Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Zip out awning sides

Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Zip out awning sides Empty Zip out awning sides

Post by Lol and Steve Tue 21 Jun 2011, 3:45 pm

This thread has been put together with posts asking about zip out sides any other posts found about this will be moved here

Mike are any of these meets anywhere near the firm that put your awning zips on and how long did it take.

Would it be possible to drop the awning off on the way to the meet and pick it up on the way back do you think.

Kill two birds with one stone i thought. (If it's possible.)

lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Zip out awning sides Empty Re: Zip out awning sides

Post by mike Tue 21 Jun 2011, 5:06 pm

Lol and Steve wrote:
    Mike are any of these meets anywhere near the firm that put your awning zips on and how long did it take.

Would it be possible to drop the awning off on the way to the meet and pick it up on the way back do you think.

Kill two birds with one stone i thought. (If it's possible.)

lol!

Of the top of my head i would say trentfield is about 40miles away the problem would be he wouldn't work to that time scale especially not before November,have you read the article by pat on the other forum (grumpsandnanster) she was talked into Velcro which she said she was pleased with and it worked,ime sure she was given the chance to have zips,dont know where she lives but got to be closer than me.

mike
    Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:07 am

Yes i spoke to her about that but after thinking about it i'm not sure about the velcro.

I am going to the (meet) in a couple of weeks and she said she will be bringing the awning so i will just have to wait until then i suppose, i'm just not good at waiting were the dandy is concerned, i want to do it now.

Barbara has said Ian is doing it again but not with zips, so he may be doing it thee old way again i will just have to wait and see.

What do they say patience is a virtue, well i'm not very virtuous. Zip out awning sides 9639063

lol!
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:05 pm

i cannot see how you could use velcro instead of zips as the material would need to overlap?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Zip out awning sides Empty Zip out awning sides

Post by mike Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:12 pm

NickB wrote:i cannot see how you could use velcro instead of zips as the material would need to overlap?

Also thought that you would think if they added any pvc it would be as easy to put zips in
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Zip out awning sides Empty Split thread

Post by Helen Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:52 pm

This has been taken from the meets thread as it is an interesting topic and deserved its own title. It will also make it easy for people looking for this type of info. Smile
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:19 pm

My daughter also has a zip across the front face to create a door that can be tied back, I will take some pictures as soon as I can, it is a good idea as you only have to undo one stud to open half of the front face of the awning.
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:26 pm

that is a good idea,how do you have the front section say on a nice hot day as the awnings don't have tie backs or zips all round.I think we rolled it up and used elastic bands or something to keep it in place well along time ago when it was warm and sunny.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:51 pm

We used three short bungees with hook ends, hooked them from the outside and then rolled up the front face (including curtains) and then hooked the other end of the bungees over the front bars inside. Worked a treat and I did colour match my bungees too Zip out awning sides 1049241286

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 7:25 am