Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+4
mike
Esermalda
Caz1960
Helen
8 posters

Wet Dandy Trailer tent

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Wet Dandy Trailer tent Empty Wet Dandy Trailer tent

Post by Helen Sat 06 Apr 2013, 7:07 pm

My Dandy finally got an airing today, it's not been erected since last August and it went away wet. John and my Dad decided today was the day to get it aired and although the windows were clear and not milky this time my dad did think he'd torn the pvc when he heard the tearing sound of the folded roof that had stuck together slightly being opened up affraid The pvc will stick together if left for months wet but it doesn't do any harm and all is well with our Dandy, the washing up liquid that we left in had crystallised and there was a bit of an odour that soon went. Everything inside is bone dry and after John had given things a bit of a polish it's as good as ever, the curtains are a little creased but the creases will drop out as soon as we use it again. Although I couldn't go out to play in it today it's still good to know it's come through another harsh winter months after being packed away wet totally unscathed ...... that's the beauty of Dandy's Wet Dandy Trailer tent 2792229418
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Wet Dandy Trailer tent Empty Re: Wet Dandy Trailer tent

Post by Caz1960 Sat 06 Apr 2013, 7:32 pm

Wet Dandy Trailer tent 1710857839 Wet Dandy Trailer tent 1710857839 Wet Dandy Trailer tent 1710857839 brilliant and yep I heard the same sound of ripping when raising my old girl but as you say pvc stuck together so more Mr sheen ...they do so well Wet Dandy Trailer tent 2702329197 Wet Dandy Trailer tent 2702329197 Wet Dandy Trailer tent 2702329197
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 06 Apr 2013, 7:46 pm

My dad had never heard that sound before, John said his face was a picture and he was shouting Whoa John .... he panicked and wouldn't believe something hadn't ripped until he checked it all over himself Laughing

we were just as alarmed the first time we both heard it though, it can be a little unnerving. affraid
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Sat 06 Apr 2013, 9:26 pm

Thank you for the warning, though. It would worry me, too. My Dora is coming out tomorrow, come hell or high water. Hibernation is no longer an option.
    Does Mr.Sheen before closing down stop the sticking together?
    Thanks again,
    Essie xxxx
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 07 Apr 2013, 7:59 am

Yes it helps, as does silicone spray ..... also helps the roof slide over the bars without sticking when you use it inside the roof and on the roof bars Very Happy

We've had the tearing sound on a few occasions even though we've used polish but it's only been when it's been put away wet/damp and not be opened up for a long time. You can sometimes have 'milky windows' not the hard windows but the pvc windows at the front can appear milky but they clear after a while of being opened up.

Have fun opening Dora it looks like it's going to be another lovely Day sunny
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 05 May 2013, 11:50 am

Just opened the 6 up today its been 11 months since it was last opened, every thing was perfect no smell no mould,was thinking though you can understand how it sounds complicated when your explaining how to erect a dandy,but so simple really Very Happy
    kimmieto

Wet Dandy Trailer tent Empty Opening the Magic Mushroom

Post by kimmieto Sun 05 May 2013, 4:49 pm

Mine has not been opened for four years!!!

Fingers crossed its OK. pale
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 05 May 2013, 5:13 pm

kimmieto wrote:Mine has not been opened for four years!!!

Fingers crossed its OK. pale

Come on then we are waiting lol!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 05 May 2013, 8:33 pm

It's going to be nice tomorrow .... perfect for erecting Dandy's Very Happy
    navver

Post by navver Sun 05 May 2013, 9:07 pm

Yep, looking good. Mines going up again tomorrow (3rd time), so I can try the sun canopy for the first time and pack all the camping gear inside. This should be everything that travels in the dandy and there's still one whole seat storage that's empty. Still to get a heater, but no rush.
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Sun 05 May 2013, 11:35 pm

We've been using the little 'Challenge' ceramic fan heater from Argos again this weekend to good effect. It's very compact and would be ideal to store underseat in a Designer. The only slight complaint we have is that the thermostat is not very sensitive so if you want to leave it on overnight it can get a bit too warm before the heater clicks off.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 06 May 2013, 6:21 pm

They have the inconvenience of being bigger but I'd recommend a convector heater for overnight use as it doesn't have the noise of a fan. Though some convectors have boost fans.

Yes I realise I have a gas heater but a 16 amp EHU can be good value in winter.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 06 May 2013, 6:29 pm

We use a convector heater in the colder months and they are brilliant ..... we don't keep it in the Dandy though because it's a bit bulky and we prefer no EHU ..... great for warming the awning up too Very Happy
    navver

Post by navver Mon 06 May 2013, 9:09 pm

Kampa do a similar one to the argos model, but it is also oscillating, which can be switched off.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I can get one £19.95 in our local shop and it is reasonably quiet.

Oddly enough, the convector heaters with turbo boost fan are larger than those without. Maybe it just gives a quicker warm up. I dislike noise as I am hearing impaired and need it to be quiet to be able to understand speech easily, but then it doesn't keep me awake at night with my hearing aids out. Ha ha.

I think it best to wait until we have been away and see how much room we have left.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 11:14 am