Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Dandy Destiny Awning on ebay ,and help with my search.

johninbyron
    johninbyron

Dandy Destiny Awning on ebay ,and help with my search. Empty Dandy Destiny Awning on ebay ,and help with my search.

Post by johninbyron Wed 15 May 2013, 1:46 pm

on ebay at moment ,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

thought someone might want it.

I have an orange five,and I'm looking for an awning .

There are two rows of press studs down the front on a flap ,does anybody know the details of which awning fits ?
    or maybe a picture of one like that.

cheers john

Very Happy

navver

Dandy Destiny Awning on ebay ,and help with my search. Empty Re: Dandy Destiny Awning on ebay ,and help with my search.

Post by navver Wed 15 May 2013, 2:25 pm

There are two types with flaps down the front. One with vertical flaps and one with sloping flaps. The awning needs to match your type. It needs to be the correct length as well, either 4 4/5 or 5. Then it's nice if it's the same colour as well.

The flaps were used on the early dandies. Nowadays, the end of the awning bungees onto the side boards under the roof.
    johninbyron
    johninbyron

Dandy Destiny Awning on ebay ,and help with my search. Empty What is the 4/5

Post by johninbyron Wed 15 May 2013, 3:00 pm

What is the 4/5?

And if any body has one, mine are angled and orange

Last edited by johninbyron on Sat 18 May 2013, 11:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : bad grammer)
    navver

Dandy Destiny Awning on ebay ,and help with my search. Empty Re: Dandy Destiny Awning on ebay ,and help with my search.

Post by navver Wed 15 May 2013, 3:43 pm

Sorry, a 4/5 is a model of dandy between the 4 and the 5. The bench only makes a childs bed. It's also known as the Delta, see this thread for more info.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There was an orange awning on ebay about a month ago.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 21 May 2013, 8:06 pm

The Destiny awning went for no money. I think it might have been a Riva destiny. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    navver

Post by navver Tue 21 May 2013, 9:52 pm

Yes definitely looks like a dark blue Riva, and could easily have been an acrylic zip on as it had removable panels. A virtually new awnng worth £1000 for £69. Another bargain missed by many.

It will only fit if you have the zip fitted like mine has. Ian did say, it was probably made for a show as most people want to tow away there and then and he wouldn't know if they would want an awning so fitted a zip just in case.
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Tue 21 May 2013, 11:22 pm

navver wrote:
    Another bargain missed by many.

I am kicking myself continuously right now Mad

I hope it wasn't an acrylic one - that would call for full self-flagellation!

navver

Post by navver Tue 21 May 2013, 11:50 pm

Have you got a zip
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Wed 22 May 2013, 12:04 am

navver wrote:Have you got a zip

Yep ... the Dandy was originally purchased with the acrylic awning which was to be delivered separately to the original buyer. Apparently Riva then realised that they didn't have any more acrylic awnings available and sent a PVC one instead.

I have the original sales receipt and the awning was £1095 Surprised

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 3:08 pm