Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Dandy Designer Sun Canopy wanted please

Doris

Dandy Designer Sun Canopy wanted please Empty Dandy Designer Sun Canopy wanted please

Post by Doris Tue 21 May 2013, 1:19 pm

Has anyone got a sun canopy for a Dandy Designer please?
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Dandy Designer Sun Canopy wanted please Empty Re: Dandy Designer Sun Canopy wanted please

Post by Tow Itch Tue 21 May 2013, 2:53 pm

Doris wrote:Has anyone got a sun canopy for a Dandy Designer please?

Do you have an awning or are you without anything other than the base Dandy. It affects your options for a sun canopy.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Dandy Designer Sun Canopy wanted please Empty Re: Dandy Designer Sun Canopy wanted please

Post by Helen Tue 21 May 2013, 4:38 pm

Hello Doris and welcome to the Dandy Campers Dandy Designer Sun Canopy wanted please 2716414575
    Doris

Post by Doris Wed 22 May 2013, 8:27 pm

Hi, I have a proper awning but find it too heavy and difficult to erect for weekend camping.
    Doris

Post by Doris Wed 22 May 2013, 8:29 pm

Thank you Helen. I have a Dandy Discovery and her name is Doris. She is really gorgeous. I have spent a lot of time giving her a make over. She is now all retro and 'Doris Day'
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 22 May 2013, 8:36 pm

You could have zips fitted so the sides come off, lots get it done and it means you can just put the roof section up like a suncanopy Very Happy

Hey presto you have both a suncanopy for weekends and and awning for longer stays Smile
    Doris

Post by Doris Wed 22 May 2013, 8:46 pm

Brilliant idea. Thank you Helen
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 22 May 2013, 8:51 pm

Your welcome, some have the whole side zipped others have it so that the draught skirt stays on the awning ..... the simplest is to have straight zips fitted along the top of each side just under the roof line.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 22 May 2013, 9:09 pm

Or if you don't want to do that you can get a piece of PVC or canvas cut and set up as a sun canopy.

If you are getting something made up separately then either a section to tie down to the legs like an original Dandy awning or some stout straps to tie the front down are advisable.

Here is a link to how I adjusted my awning. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I could have done this with just one zip across the top.

Now we have you interested Doris I'm going to grow horns and be mr mean and hunt this thread across to the "Other Dandy Awning Ideas" section.

I could have moved it to the general thread of "Dandy Chat" as well but it's not really a "Bargains Page" item. I know Helen has contributed to this thread but it's her day to be good cop and my day to try to keep some sort of order and play bad cop.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 22 May 2013, 9:22 pm

For somethingcompletely different and easy to throw up see: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    navver

Post by navver Wed 22 May 2013, 10:42 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    For somethingcompletely different and easy to throw up see: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think this would be a lot easier to put up but would have to be taken down if the wind came up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 03 May 2024, 1:01 am