Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Acrylic Window Repair And Replacement

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Acrylic Window Repair And Replacement Empty Acrylic Window Repair And Replacement

Post by Tow Itch Sun 26 May 2013, 9:03 am

At some point in the past we have mooted that pre 95 Dandies had the advantage that the glass for the windows was easily replaceable if an accident was to occur.

I've recently become aware that options are available for the Acrylic windows.
    As I don't need a replacement myself I've not phoned Ian at Riva to see if he has spare windows in stock or a trade source.
    Also as I don't own an Acrylic window I don't know if there are any makers marks on the window that might provide other clues for replacement.

In this video John Wickersham outlines repairs to scratched Acrylic windows and talks about replacement. It's the third of three videos but as his style of presentation is so ..... pedestrian(?) I've left the first two to be viewed by those who need the information.

This is a guide from UKCampsite to your options if delamination should occur. N.B. this is within the area of the "Fixed It Club" which contains some high quality advice of which this post is exemplary. A cracking post Tim and Cary    http://www.1carpc.co.uk/wcdr/window-delamination-repair.htm

As mentioned in John Wickershams video EECO. These people will provide replacement windows, not in the tint originally made but in the tint that the window has faded down to. Not an issue on Dandys as much as caravans and not an issue at all on the rear entry Dandys but might be useful for a Destiny or Dimension owner. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Another company who provide the same service and strangely use the same graphics in their ad. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm somewhat cautious that several parts of the website don't work and that the only contact is via a mobile phone.

Just read this and realised it took me a while to understand what I was saying in part of the text. Let me guess most of you permanently don't get what I am saying!

Not an issue on Dandys as much as caravans and not an issue at all on the rear entry Dandys but might be useful for a Destiny or Dimension owner. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  What I was trying to say is that if the two windows are on oposiye sides like on the rear entry Dandys there is no need to colour match. Then there is also far less need to colour match on Dandys anyway as unlike caravans the windows are not permanently exposed to UV.

I normally use too many words but once in a while I use too few to explain the whole idea.

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 4:54 am