Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+6
Helen
Rik Shaw
Phoenix
The Admiral
Tow Itch
Capon2013
10 posters

My First Post and Our First Dandy...Part 2

Capon2013

My First Post and Our First Dandy...Part 2 Empty My First Post and Our First Dandy...Part 2

Post by Capon2013 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 2:28 pm

Very Happy:D

Hello fellow dandy owners, thank you for your warm welcome messages, here is our long story of how ‘Candy’ came into our family.

We were at a car-boot sale in Somerset along with my father-in-law Alan, when he came and found us to tell us that he had seen a picture of ‘a folded up trailer tent as a trailer photo’ that someone was selling. All of the items were being sold for charity. He could see in the picture that it would make a great trailer base and use it for a trailer. He put a £5 deposit on it and arranged a time when he was going to view it, as it happens the man only lived a few miles from our home town. (his wife said on the quiet, that if he didn’t want it after viewing it then he could have his £5 deposit back- but as it was for charity, he would have taken it whatever condition). He told us about it because he wanted me to pick it up (as I have a tow-bar!).  He went and looked at it all folded up with the covers on as he had no attention of using what was on top of the trailer base. Later that a. noon we went and picked it up from the same address. All the way there Alan was regretting saying that he would have it, as it seemed that it was in a tired condition with the jockey tyre broke and looking dirty etc. I reassured him that whatever the condition, we would sort it out. On picking up the Dandy we had a few laughs at it, mainly because the man selling it was describing how it all folds out, explaining about the keys for it he had as well as he had all of the original master keys and some original documents. He explained that he brought it off his Head-master friend who brought it from new. He said that he wasn’t going to use it anymore and was just taking up space on his driveway. We paid for it, hooked it up, and off it came with us. Alan was embarrassed as I was driving home with it as it looked a right mess and didn’t know what the neighbours would think on arriving home with it. I convinced him to set it up on his driveway where we could see what we had just brought.
    OMG!! What a surprise we had when we took the cover off, it is in excellent original condition with hardly any wear. It has the original carpet, sleeping pads, cooker unit etc. It came with complete dandy awning, spare wheel, gas bottles, washing line, waste container, crockery, water pump, metal step, absolutely everything you needed. What a complete shocker!! “No chance of destroying this I said now!!”.  We gave it a good clean and tested the gas and electrics inside and out – all were working, great!
    I then commandeered it off my father-in-law Alan by putting our number plate on it and he was happy for us to have it and enjoy it, (I tried to pay him by cheque for it – but he ripped it up – I knew he would!!).
    Oh I forgot to say that we had brought it for an incredible....£25...... all legit, What an amazing bargain!!
    We then have researched into the ‘Dandy’ and have found out how much they cost, how sought after they are, and all of the exciting forums/clubs/groups there is about when talking about dandy owners.
    We took it for our first 1night away without the awning and are now planning our next 2/3nights away with awning etc!! Happy Dandy Camping times to come!!!
    Many Thanks Dave, Sara & Family
    Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

My First Post and Our First Dandy...Part 2 Empty Re: My First Post and Our First Dandy...Part 2

Post by Tow Itch Fri 21 Jun 2013, 2:35 pm

Oh we do want photos.
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

My First Post and Our First Dandy...Part 2 Empty Re: My First Post and Our First Dandy...Part 2

Post by The Admiral Fri 21 Jun 2013, 4:27 pm

What a brilliant story, looking forward to seeing some photos Very Happy
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Fri 21 Jun 2013, 4:55 pm

Fantastic story.Smile

It is true what they say, your Dandy will always find you when you least expect it.Laughing

Can't wait to see the pics.bouncebouncebounce
    Capon2013

My First Post and Our First Dandy...Part 2 Empty I have emailed some photo's

Post by Capon2013 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 8:02 pm

I have emailed some photo's to the 'live.com email address as suggested. Hope you can see them soon too.
    Rik Shaw
    Rik Shaw

My First Post and Our First Dandy...Part 2 Empty My First Post and Our First Dandy ...Part 2

Post by Rik Shaw Fri 21 Jun 2013, 8:21 pm

wow ,,

a picture of ‘a folded up trailer tent as a trailer photo’

well they say every picture tells a story..... that one certainly did.

Great story.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Fri 21 Jun 2013, 8:23 pm

Capon2013's pics.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Fri 21 Jun 2013, 8:27 pm

That has got to be the buy of the year, if not all time.Shocked

Its winterized, does it have a heater under the mat too?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 21 Jun 2013, 8:29 pm

Wow you lucky lucky people My First Post and Our First Dandy...Part 2 1710857839My First Post and Our First Dandy...Part 2 1710857839My First Post and Our First Dandy...Part 2 1710857839
    Capon2013

Post by Capon2013 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 8:58 pm

Phoenix wrote:That has got to be the buy of the year, if not all time.Shocked

Its winterized, does it have a heater under the mat too?
    We are over the moon, yes it also has underfloor heating!!!
    navver

Post by navver Fri 21 Jun 2013, 9:36 pm

Wow, that's brilliant. That's got to be worth £1000 of anyones money if not more. It looks in really good clean condition, has acrylic windows and doesn't look as if its had much use.
    Jennywren

Post by Jennywren Fri 21 Jun 2013, 10:16 pm

How WONDERFUL A real bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Fri 21 Jun 2013, 10:35 pm

Guys that's a really lovely Dandy you were so lucky to get it for £25, you were obviously meant to have her My First Post and Our First Dandy...Part 2 1710857839
    bedwok
    bedwok

Post by bedwok Sat 22 Jun 2013, 10:54 pm

WOW   what a fab story love it ! and a very nice looking Dandy too
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:16 am

My First Post and Our First Dandy...Part 2 2197500976 I agree with Admiral it was meant to be  Dandy's will always find us great photos 
    cant wait to hear about all your new adventures
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Mon 01 Jul 2013, 9:54 pm

Just looked in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and found some more of Capon2013's pics.

You have been on for 7 days so can host your own pics now if you want to.Very Happy 

If anyone puts pics into that account please put a post on to let someone know they are there so they can be hosted.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 9:29 pm