Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Dongles and camping

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Dongles and camping Empty Dongles and camping

Post by Helen Mon 05 Aug 2013, 10:44 am

I've been using my dongle it's on 3G but although I have an excellent signal it often loses it's connection or pages don't load while it is still connected and it's driving me nuts ...... I expect it to be slower but when you've typed a reply and go to post it and get an 'Oops' message it's really annoying Mad I have to disconnect it and then reconnect to get back even though it's already connected scratch 
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Dongles and camping Empty Re: Dongles and camping

Post by Tow Itch Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:11 am

I didn't have the best of luck with my dongle. Not just the dongle but the whole service. While 3 have provided great customer service with my phone the dongle side of the company was completely useless.
    I'll let you see how you get on with my phone at the weekend. I'm using it for an internet connection at the moment. When I have checked with a speed test the least I have seen is 31/2 meg and the best is 91/2.
    The only issue I have had is that if I set up a WIFI zone with the phone rather than tethering my laptop it uses battery power faster than it charges. So it can only provide a zone for a few hours and that is starting with a full battery.
    navver

Post by navver Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:21 am

Is the problem that you go and stay in a beautiful place where very few live so 3 etc don't bother spending lots of money giving good signal coverage meaning you have a weak signal.

There was a time when mobile phones were made out of house bricks when you could plug in an external aerial. They had them stuck on the rear window of their Cavaliers.

I just wonder if there is a way of improving reception, perhaps by placing the unit on a metal tray or even the car roof.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:23 am

My dongles showing it has a full signal ?

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:24 am

We've decided to take the Dandy to Anglesey for a couple of nights before returning for the meet so I'll see if it's any better over there Laughing 
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 05 Aug 2013, 1:55 pm

When using a dongle i learnt to copy before clicking post just in case i had to reconnect and click paste Very Happy 
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:36 pm

Yep I learned to copy and paste now especially when I've uploaded a picture that takes a while ........ the people with the virgin connection may have got wise, it now asks for details when I try to use it. Shocked ....... I think that's rather uncharitable when I'm only using it for here and not downloading Twisted Evil 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 7:56 pm