Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Plastic Construction Or Repair Tools

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Plastic Construction Or Repair Tools Empty Plastic Construction Or Repair Tools

Post by Tow Itch Tue 06 Aug 2013, 9:13 pm

I have searched throughout the site because I was convinced at some point that we had a thread on Polymorph Thermoplastic Beads. I couldn't find the post and anyway I'm coupling here Polymorph Beads, Plast Aid a single use liquid plastic that will withstand higher temperatures and Epoxy Putty or my favourite brand of epoxy putty Milliput.

Polymorph Thermoplastic.

Not the easiest substance to mould. I could only do so crudely but it is strong and can make up an emergency nut by being formed round an oiled (so it doesn't stick) bolt.

Plast Aid

This is a lot more moldable. It can also be coloured. No statement on heat resistance. The Website is a bit thin on facts but gets good reviews on Amazon [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  

Epoxy Putty Milliput

First came across this when I saw someone use it to seal a leaking cast iron radiator. It will seal onto wet surfaces. You can drill and tap it and it is a quality product from my experience of using it. Most Youtube videos show it being used to in modelling as it can produce very fine features so is used in modeling extensively. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not certain where you might use these products on a Dandy but they are useful tools. The next plastic product I have no idea where it might be used though the more tools you know about the greater your options.

peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Plastic Construction Or Repair Tools Empty Re: Plastic Construction Or Repair Tools

Post by peridot Tue 06 Aug 2013, 11:19 pm

That's an excellent collection of repair material options Tow Itch. Plastic Construction Or Repair Tools 115684958 

I used something similar to Milliput some years ago to repair a leak on a water heater in a mobile home. I was surprised at how effective it was.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Plastic Construction Or Repair Tools Empty Re: Plastic Construction Or Repair Tools

Post by Tow Itch Mon 19 Aug 2013, 12:48 pm

More things to play with:
    OK the first item is industrial use only but is this the future for canvas proofing?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A temperature resistant silicone putty Sugru

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 9:40 am