Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Gas pipe problem

rabbitlover
    rabbitlover

Gas pipe problem Empty Gas pipe problem

Post by rabbitlover Sun 20 Oct 2013, 7:37 pm

While away last weekend we had problems lighting the gas, it took us a few minutes to realise that the gas pipe had sheared through at the back of the stove affraid 
    Luckily the gas had only been on long enough for us to realise we had a problem so no explosion. Hard to say what had caused it as the pipe is new and no sign of it perishing. Last time we were out we packed up in a hurry and must have left something digging in to it or pressing on it. We'll watch out for it in future. Incidentally our bottle opener/corkscrew proved the perfect tool for screwing the connector back on.
    Judith
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Gas pipe problem Empty Re: Gas pipe problem

Post by Tow Itch Sun 20 Oct 2013, 10:30 pm

If you have new gas piping I'd not be suggesting replacement but do you have the high pressure orange pipe or the low pressure black pipe.
    The high pressure orange hose in UV resistant orange (sic) actually tends to degrade quicker than the low pressure black but is far more abrasion resistant.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  http://www.gasproducts.co.uk/acatalog/8mm_LPG_Low_Pressure_Gas_Hose_.html
    rabbitlover
    rabbitlover

Post by rabbitlover Tue 22 Oct 2013, 8:16 pm

I think the problem was probably down to how we had packed up, more than the state of the pipe but it is a black one, so if we have any more problems I'll look to replace with the orange.
    Judith

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 1:00 pm