Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

It's curtains time again

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

It's curtains time again Empty It's curtains time again

Post by Helen Mon 28 Apr 2014, 11:48 am

We had our Dandy up yesterday and took out the curtains to give them a wash ..... half expected the edging colour to run which would have meant new curtains but it didn't  Very Happy 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyway I'd already decided to butcher a couple of sets of curtains  .....  I'm now going to make them into new awning curtains. The last set I made were nice enough but are lined and fairly heavy ..... they could have done with being a bit longer too Rolling Eyes So can anyone tell me the correct sizes for Designer awning curtains please.

Caz1960
    Caz1960

It's curtains time again Empty Re: It's curtains time again

Post by Caz1960 Tue 29 Apr 2014, 1:26 am

can't tell you the size but  It's curtains time again 2197500976 you get yours whites..white!  It's curtains time again 2161515090 
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 29 Apr 2014, 5:45 pm

They're cream Caz  It's curtains time again 344726530 ....... it's the wrong photo, that one was to send to my daughter as she laughed at me when I put them in the Washer saying they'd come out either shrunk to doll house size or with a new tie dye effect.  The one I was posting was of the curtains I'm about to butcher

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They have blue blossom all over but you can't see it properly
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Tue 29 Apr 2014, 6:35 pm

I've got to wash all ours over the next couple of weeks, it's not the washing it's the ironing I hate.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 29 Apr 2014, 7:14 pm

The Admiral wrote:I've got to wash all ours over the next couple of weeks, it's not the washing it's the ironing I hate.

Doesn't the PVC tend to catch?

Must be a very cool iron.
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Tue 29 Apr 2014, 7:54 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    The Admiral wrote:I've got to wash all ours over the next couple of weeks, it's not the washing it's the ironing I hate.

Doesn't the PVC tend to catch?

Must be a very cool iron.

Ha, ha, very funny Kevin  lol! 
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 29 Apr 2014, 8:11 pm

I'd really appreciate it if you could measure the awning curtains for me Jayne ..... obviously if you lived closer I'd come over and iron them all for you  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad 

On my old ones I made the front window ones longer ..... can't remember why but I was going to use them as a template as the ones for the side windows did cover the windows but wouldn't sit properly behind the string that keeps them from just hanging straight down. Meaning every time the wind got up a bit and the awning sides had any sort of movement the curtains fell away from the windows at the bottom.  Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 7:51 am