Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

80's Dart in brown/white £300

wobblybob

80's Dart in brown/white £300 Empty 80's Dart in brown/white £300

Post by wobblybob Thu 05 Jun 2014, 3:44 pm

Firstly I'd like to say hello to the forum . And I do feel a little cheeky joining just to sell my Dandy . On the other hand I feel it would be better to offer it to members of the Dandy community first .

Its a Dart 4 in brown and white with an awning , the roof is lined and it has 12v and 240 v power. . It was purchased it from Riva Dandy Sales in 2008 to use for fishing trips by my father . He passed it on to me . Me and the kids loved our trips but unfortunately my wife isn't one for camping so it has been sat in the back yard unused for two years . I opened the camper up for the 1st time last week expecting the worst but was pleasantly surprised at how well the unit has coped with it's out side storage .
    Having a small back yard I am unable too fully erect the Dandy but have taken a few pics partially erected . As a new member I am unable to post pics or link to them but with send them upon request .

The bad bits .
    The cover is looking faded along with the paint work and every thing need a good wash down and T cutting . Structurally all seems sound but it does seem to be sitting a little low . If I was keeping it I would definitely fit some new shock absorbers .
    There is a small patch of warped panel near the door on the inside and the paint has peeled from one of the mud guards (pics on request) .

I'd say the unit is road worthy in its present condition tyres are in good shape and the hand brake is fine . A weekends work should be enough to have her ready for use again .
    I haven't a clue what price to ask for the Dandy . Any guidance from the forum members on the price would be appreciated .
    I'm in Bolton lancs .
    Any questions or viewings or want the links to the pics feel free to email me at robertsmitham @ btinternet .com
    Pics added . Sorry not a forum user so unsure how to post pics but here are a few link to the pics .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Regards
    Bob
    The other half says it has to go so does £300 sound a fair price (if it does need new suspension i believe this is around £200) feel free to contact me . Any evening or weekend viewers welcome . Just spare me the horror of using ebay  Very Happy  .
    Thanks for looking Bob

Last edited by wobblybob on Tue 15 Jul 2014, 8:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : pics added)
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

80's Dart in brown/white £300 Empty Re: 80's Dart in brown/white £300

Post by Tow Itch Thu 05 Jun 2014, 4:48 pm

You can send the pictures to dandycampers (at) live.com subbing @ for (at) then post here to say you have done so. we will host the pictures for you.

The cover is looking faded along with the paint work and every thing need a good wash down and T cutting . Structurally all seems sound but it does seem to be sitting a little low . If I was keeping it I would definitely fit some new shock absorbers .

If the cover is faded but not holed that is not too bad.
    They can look a little low and there not be a problem. However  If you look underneath you will see that there are no shock absorbers. It's Indespension rubber torsion suspension, a great Bolton company.
    Unfortunately if there is a suspension issue it's complete new units with brakes which aren't cheap. If you choose to include your phone number in the email or send me a personal message through here I'll give you a call about having a look at the Dandy and it's suspension. I live within a few miles of Bolton.
    wobblybob

Post by wobblybob Thu 05 Jun 2014, 5:55 pm

Thanks for the help Tow Itch . Pics sent .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 10:33 pm