Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Phoenix
Jase Y
6 posters

Motormover on a Destiny 6

Jase Y

Motormover on a Destiny 6 Empty Motormover on a Destiny 6

Post by Jase Y Wed 15 Oct 2014, 6:16 am

Hi All,

Has anyone had/fitted motormovers to a Destiny 6? Have a tight uphill drive and was wondering if this was possible or had been done. What people recommended, we had a small caravan and I did have a Mr Shifta which went on the hitch, but it wasn't brilliant. Appreciate the weight will affect how loaded up you can be though.

Cheers
    Jase
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Motormover on a Destiny 6 Empty Re: Motormover on a Destiny 6

Post by Phoenix Wed 15 Oct 2014, 10:22 pm

We haven't fitted one Jase so can't give you an answer.

We are sure someone will soon.

There was a discussion on here we think about using a winch to pull a Dandy up a tight driveway. Could that be an option for you. If so it wouldn't effect your load weight when going away.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 16 Oct 2014, 6:16 am

When you say Destiny 6 it depends on if you mean high or low sided,high sided can have them fitted but its my understanding they will not fit on a low sided.
    navver

Post by navver Thu 16 Oct 2014, 7:42 pm

Peridot has fitted one to his toilet destiny
    ChrisP
    ChrisP

Motormover on a Destiny 6 Empty Winch thread link

Post by ChrisP Sat 18 Oct 2014, 11:02 am

The (or at least a) winch thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can get the chain hoist I bought with a variety of chain lengths. Mine is 5m. Just be prepared to pull the chain loop through many times if you get anything longer!
    navver

Post by navver Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:02 pm

I guess the high ide and toilet destinies have a caravan style chassis as they have caravan style corner steadies. The 6s had the normal small dandy chassis made from small square/rectangular steel tube. Maybe it would be possible but you would need to have some kind of mounting welded to the chassis.
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Sun 19 Oct 2014, 12:21 am

Jase, I'm not sure from your previous posts whether you've acquired a Dandy or are still considering options.

Certainly if you go for a later model Destiny with toilet you will not move it uphill unaided. It's heavier than many caravans and two people will just about move it on the flat.

I've fitted a mover to mine and it just needed some special angle brackets to be manufactured.

Fitting to an older model could be more of a challenge, but I'm certain the forum members could collectively arrive at a solution Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 3:37 pm