Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Away at Easter

kadders

Away at Easter Empty Away at Easter

Post by kadders Tue 01 Mar 2016, 6:55 pm

Looking forward to a 5 day stay at "Secret Garden" site near Landsend over Easter. It's featured in cool camping: small quiet 12 pitch site. Anyone visited there before?
    Will report back on return
    Steve
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Away at Easter Empty Re: Away at Easter

Post by Nick Tue 22 Mar 2016, 10:21 pm

Look forward to hearing about the site upon your return.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 04 Apr 2016, 11:17 am

Jut as interested in a weather report as the site report. A real four seasons in one day time to camp if your weather was similar to that experienced in the North West.

Who is the egit who was going to ask where Landsend is till I realised it was meant to be two words?
    kadders

Post by kadders Wed 06 Apr 2016, 11:23 pm

Well what a long weekend. If I doubted the ability of a Dandy to withstand a battering, I don't now. We knew it would be a bit hostile with storm Kate arriving, but I did wonder why I did not listen to my wife at one point when 70 mph winds and horizontal rain was battering us and we did not get to sleep until 4:30 am!

Lesly suggested it could be a "Jurassic park" movie moment when I was sat on the portaloo at 2 am and the roof was straining on the bungees to take off and the whole Dimension was shaking.

I had a tiny bit of rain in where the rain got under the roof (how can water go uphill?) but I had lapped the roof slightly further over on the west side where the weather was coming from and it changed direction at one point. Other than that we were dry and warm with a small electricfir eon, and everything was intact next day.

I would not have liked to be in a tent, that's for sure. There were some very hardy young Germans on site in ground hugging single tents and an even hardier Belgium couple and miraculously their tents were ok next day too. So it was just us on this lovely little site in St Just, Cornwall, albeit a hell of a drive from Cheltenham (7 1/2 tortuous hours on Easter Saturday-but my fault for setting off at 10 am instead of very early). Passed an overturned caravan on the M5 but the Dimension towed really well in the 1.6 diesel Qashqai-even better than the 1.9TDI VW Passat estate I used to have.

Some pics attached.
    kadders

Post by kadders Wed 06 Apr 2016, 11:24 pm

How do I add the photos-hoped could just drag & drop? but no can do
    navver

Post by navver Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:16 pm

This describes it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That sounds a horrendous bit of weather. We had high winds on he caravan and although the roof doesn't lift it still gets buffeted and rocks. It wasn't even a named storm.

Went to Tudor Farm site at Slimbridge, not far from Cheltenham between J13 & J14 M5. It's right by the canal with the little swing bridge leading sown to the Wetlands Trust. The canal adds a real touch of atmosphere.

kadders

Post by kadders Thu 07 Apr 2016, 9:15 pm

Looks like I have managed to add the photos. I love the description of the surf at Sennen beach: "Rippy but Stella"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 12:14 am