Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
julie72
Helen
Tow Itch
7 posters

Easter Weekend

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Easter Weekend Empty Easter Weekend

Post by Tow Itch Sun 24 Mar 2013, 11:21 pm

If your observant you will see my winter or Christmas avatar has re appeared.
    Given the weather outside a bigger chance of snow than on our 2011 Christmas camp. Come to think of it there is a bigger chance of snow in June too as it didn't snow at Christmas 2011 so any chance is better than no chance.

Easter weekend should see myself and 2 friends camping at The Bhopal Arms no sorry it's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] near Nantwich

Some of you might remember that we tried to camp here on the last weekend of October 2011 but had to retreat to The Cotton Arms as the landlord had chosen to shoot rabbits in the camping field instead. I have confirmed with the landlord that will not be happening this Easter and we are hoping to go down on Thursday.

One of the major features of this site is, it is free. Unfortunately that means that there are no facilities after the pub shuts so chemical loos are a necessity. We may have a surplus on this front so if you fancy the weekend but are without a loo that may be organised.

Anyone is more than welcome if you PM me I'll leave my phone number for any eventualities.

So anyone up for cold weather camping? If you do not have the excellent underfloor heater then you will be heartened(?) that being a pyromaniac I have a couple of heaters I can loan out.

The facilities of the pub both as a bar and for food is first class. Though somewhat limiting dogs are allowed within the pool room and one of my friends will be taking his 4 month old Chocolate Labrador.

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Easter Weekend Empty Re: Easter Weekend

Post by Helen Thu 28 Mar 2013, 5:20 pm

Sounds great, pub on the doorstep of your Dandy with a pool room, great food plus free camping you can't go wrong Easter Weekend 184121345 Have a lovely time Kevin and a safe journey.
    julie72
    julie72

Post by julie72 Thu 28 Mar 2013, 5:37 pm

Sounds great

Its also Nantwich jazz and Blues festival this weekend as I dont live too far from there its always worth a visit Smile
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 29 Mar 2013, 2:32 pm

Just jumped on line to look for things to do. Jazz and blues seems a cracking idea.
    Only three of us made it 1 in a caravan, me en Dandy and (The parsimonious one) in a tent.
    After two nights he has just gone home. He found it a touch cold.
    Bar things been cold it's brilliant. More sun than we got for all of last year and no rain.
    Two buzzards overfly the field. Last time I saw a bird that big it was on Sesame Street.
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Fri 29 Mar 2013, 3:09 pm

Hack Green nuclear bunker is worth a trip, just around the corner,if you are into cold war history Suspect
    julie72
    julie72

Post by julie72 Fri 29 Mar 2013, 3:46 pm

Sounds fab Very Happy

Lol to the poor camper he must of been frozen Laughing

Hope you have good time at the festival x
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Fri 29 Mar 2013, 6:41 pm

Sounds like you are having fun Mr Itch and keeping warm. Smile

Keep an eye on your BBQ with them buzzards about. affraid Easter Weekend 1705467399
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 29 Mar 2013, 6:57 pm

He won't be cooking when there's a pub that'll cook for him .......... he might but I wouldn't lol!
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Fri 29 Mar 2013, 8:58 pm

Sounds good Tow Itch - hope you manage to catch some good sounds over the weekend.

We're all set-up on a great little CS site near Tenby. Haven't quite found where to put everything in the new camper. Annoyingly, the main cupboard doors are just a tad too narrow to take the common folding crates that we had all our stuff in when we had the Designer.

Was a beautiful day today - we even managed to sit out for a while in the sunshine after we'd set up. Turned cold quickly this evening but with the fan heater on a low tickover, we're just as warm and cosy as we were in the smaller unit. I have to say that having the fridge and loo on board is brill Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 30 Mar 2013, 10:44 am

Tow Itch wrote: Just jumped on line to look for things to do. Jazz and blues seems a cracking idea.
    Only three of us made it 1 in a caravan, me en Dandy and (The parsimonious one) in a tent.
    Bar things been cold it's brilliant. More sun than we got for all of last year and no rain.
    Two buzzards overfly the field. Last time I saw a bird that big it was on Sesame Street.

Difficult one that do i go home or share the dandy with Kevin lol!
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 30 Mar 2013, 5:53 pm

mike wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote: Just jumped on line to look for things to do. Jazz and blues seems a cracking idea.

Even more challenging when I reveal that many years ago I left him bleeding after assaulting him with a tub of Vaseline whilst we shared a room together.

Further episodes in this tale after you have all mentally added the next or previous chapter!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 30 Mar 2013, 6:28 pm

Your going to have to tell us all the story now Kevin ...... my imaginations conjuring all sorts affraid
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Sat 30 Mar 2013, 6:58 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    mike wrote:

Even more challenging when I reveal that many years ago I left him bleeding after assaulting him with a tub of Vaseline whilst we shared a room together.

Further episodes in this tale after you have all mentally added the next or previous chapter!

affraid affraid affraid And we have camped beside you. affraid affraid affraid
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:27 pm

The Vaseline assault:
    Many years ago made a friend who lived in the North West for a period but hailed from Richmond (The Yorkshire one). Quite a few of us were invited up for a weekends festivities and this gentleman's parents provided accommodation.This accommodation was due to the numbers a little intimate. As I remember there were 4 or 5 of us sharing a bedroom with some in sleeping bags on camp beds or mats while a lottery was taken to find the two who would have to share a double bed. I was one of the two who lost the raffle. At some point our friend appeared at the door jokingly offered the tub of Vaseline to "Mr Parsimonious". He then threw the tub over to me. At this point it might be explained that the events of the weekend would not have been on the itinerary of a Methodist group outing. Indeed we had just returned from a Young Farmers gathering. Alcohol may have affected the method in which I tossed it back. The tub did bray my associate soundly across the side of the head and split his ear open.
    Sorry the tale was not more entertaining.

The Easter weekend camping:
    After the gas running out during Friday night a new bottle was connected on Saturday and a warm night was looked forward to. I recall dragging my arm back under cover in the early hours of Sunday morning. I got up in a slightly gingery fashion. Better once up as heat rises to the top of the Designer but not overly warm. I could have improved things by erecting the awning as that would have insulated the front wall from the wind. Also I need to replace all the Velcro as it's not sticking properly. To be fair though it was a hard frost on Saturday Night to Sunday Morning, I only sleep in a T shirt and as a child I awoke to many colder mornings within a house. In fact have awoke to many colder mornings in a tent at any time of year.
    Sunday morning saw us go out to the Weston Park Transport Show alas upon getting to the gates found that it was closed. Thought about a trip to the [url=Coalbrookdale Iron and Associated Museums][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The area around Ironbridge includes a number of museums including Blists Hill Victorian town. The ticket which is a yearly ticket at £24 is great value if we had thought about it at the beginning of the weekend but was a a bit rich for the 1 day so we just went for a walk round Ironbridge. Wrapped up warm so it was a a lovely stroll.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A bit silly I didn't take more photos I'd just got a new phone and was a bit uncertain.
    The field was quite level and better than several I've paid to use. The inn is a fine balance between dining and quaffing house.
    No facilities would discourage many but a small group could easily use toilet tent, I'd hapily go back.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 17 Aug 2013, 9:53 pm

Looking at the last photo Bella, Chris's dog was much smaller then. A few of us may be considering this for August bank Holiday. All welcome.  the pubis now opening from 12.00 Hrs so the facilities are more generally available. If others are considering this we would make a chemical loo available as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:37 pm