Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
Helen
mike
The Admiral
7 posters

Easter Trip

The Admiral
    The Admiral

Easter Trip Empty Easter Trip

Post by The Admiral Thu 14 Mar 2013, 8:03 am

We're off to The Old Oaks in Glastonbury for Easter, can't wait to get camping again definitely got itchy feet at the moment. Really looking forward to going especially as its only our 2nd trip in Olivia and we're going to try putting our awning up this time and sort the pump out. Bought some new cushions, table and decorative bits and pieces for her yesterday she's hopefully going to look really smart when I've finished!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Easter Trip Empty Re: Easter Trip

Post by mike Thu 14 Mar 2013, 8:47 am

The Admiral wrote:We're off to The Old Oaks in Glastonbury for Easter, can't wait to get camping again definitely got itchy feet at the moment. Really looking forward to going especially as its only our 2nd trip in Olivia and we're going to try putting our awning up this time and sort the pump out. Bought some new cushions, table and decorative bits and pieces for her yesterday she's hopefully going to look really smart when I've finished!

Dont forget Jayne if the awning is hard work and the sides are fixed get them piped.have a great time
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 14 Mar 2013, 9:37 am

Have a lovely time, the awning will give you so much more room ...... you won't know what to do with it all at first but it'll soon fill up lol!
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Thu 14 Mar 2013, 9:41 am

mike wrote:
    The Admiral wrote:We're off to The Old Oaks in Glastonbury for Easter, can't wait to get camping again definitely got itchy feet at the moment. Really looking forward to going especially as its only our 2nd trip in Olivia and we're going to try putting our awning up this time and sort the pump out. Bought some new cushions, table and decorative bits and pieces for her yesterday she's hopefully going to look really smart when I've finished!

Dont forget Jayne if the awning is hard work and the sides are fixed get them piped.have a great time

Thanks Mike, hopefully it won't be too bad as the awning has zip out sides Smile
    Pollyanna
    Pollyanna

Post by Pollyanna Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:33 am

Hope you have a lovely time in Olivia. flower
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sun 17 Mar 2013, 8:49 pm

Got Olivia out of the garage this afternoon, took her cover off and quickly gave her the once over. Looks like she's come through the winter fine and is all ready for our first trip in a couple of weeks Easter Trip 1710857839
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 17 Mar 2013, 8:52 pm

Johns going to put ours up over Easter, it'll be great to see it again I know it's sat on the drive but I've really missed it lol!
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:28 pm

HAVE A GREAT EASTER don't forget the Easter egg hunt never to old for that think of all the chocolate Easter Trip 1710857839 Easter Trip 1710857839
    Twindad
    Twindad

Post by Twindad Mon 18 Mar 2013, 8:46 am

We are taking delboy for his first trip away on April 5th for the weekend and hopefully erecting the full dandy awning,and side skirts.. Should be fun.. we put him up this weekend and only took us 10 mins and it was our first time.. Hopefully we can master the awning as quick!! :-)
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 18 Mar 2013, 8:52 am

The awnings take more time than the Dandy's but only because like a tent you have to put the frame together then the pegging takes time ....... well worth it though. Have a lovely time with DelBoy .... do you have an underfloor heater ?
    Twindad
    Twindad

Post by Twindad Mon 18 Mar 2013, 9:04 am

No this model didnt come with one,but it did come with a factory fit wall gas heater.. ,but we might just use a blow heater instead as this is ample...
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 18 Mar 2013, 9:10 am

We use a convector heater when on EHU and they're brilliant and also help with any condensation.
    Twindad
    Twindad

Post by Twindad Mon 18 Mar 2013, 9:14 am

I will bear that in mind..thanks for the advice.
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sun 24 Mar 2013, 12:31 pm

This bloody weather is really getting me down, thinking if it's actually worth going away next weekend. The forecast isn't showing any improvement and in fact the long range one for here is saying more snow for Friday and even sleet down in Glastonbury for Friday night!

As it stands at the moment with the amount of snow we've had here I'm not even sure we could get Olivia out of her garage, because its not on a main access way and because this isn't likely to melt before Friday it could be a problem, really fed up now Sad
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 24 Mar 2013, 1:19 pm

The Admiral wrote:This bloody weather is really getting me down, thinking if it's actually worth going away next weekend. The forecast isn't showing any improvement and in fact the long range one for here is saying more snow for Friday and even sleet down in Glastonbury for Friday night!

As it stands at the moment with the amount of snow we've had here I'm not even sure we could get Olivia out of her garage, because its not on a main access way and because this isn't likely to melt before Friday it could be a problem, really fed up now Sad

Is it one of your re-enactment type weekends? An idea opportunity to make them feel miserable as you step out of your heated Dandy in the morning.
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sun 24 Mar 2013, 2:09 pm

No, just a holiday at The Old Oaks in Glastonbury. They are now forecasting light snow for there on Thursday night, if it snows down there there we won't be able to get to the site as its down a narrow twisty lane. I can see this weekend going t*^s up! (pardon my French)
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 24 Mar 2013, 2:21 pm

If all else fails are there any other sites with better access that you'd be able to use, can't see them all being fully booked up by campers.
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sun 24 Mar 2013, 2:38 pm

Trouble is we paid in advance as it was a special reduced price early bird offer and if we cancel we won't get any of the money back that was part of the deal.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 24 Mar 2013, 2:43 pm

Would they offer alternative dates under the circumstances or a credit note ? may be worth asking.
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Thu 28 Mar 2013, 9:09 am

Really looking forward to going away tomorrow even if its just to see some grass again, they've had no snow at all in Glastonbury Easter Trip 1710857839
    Weather not actually looking too bad not very warm particularly at night, but we're in a Dandy and have heaters so that's not a problem Very Happy but it looks as if its going to be mainly dry which for me is what counts even if its not particularly sunny.

Second trip away in Olivia and going to get the chance to put up her awning this time and also have a go at sorting out the pump, but if we don't manage that I might be asking for help at the Dandy meet in June Easter Trip 143088812
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Mon 01 Apr 2013, 6:27 pm

Had a really lovely weekend, it had its moments (putting up the awning, taking Olivia down), but generally it was very enjoyable and dry. We also saw quite a bit of sun (today was the worst day), so if it hadn't been for the cold wind it would have been near enough perfect camping weather.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, gave Olivia a really good shakedown this time, achieved our objective of putting up the awning which I love - so much space and even sorted out the drainage system. Only the pump now to solve and we've cracked it, we didn't do that this weekend because we hadn't got room in the car for the aquaroll (too much bedding for me!) so that's a job for our next trip.

All in all a very positive trip away can't wait for the next one Easter Trip 3517506835 Easter Trip 2702329197
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 01 Apr 2013, 6:45 pm

Welcome back Jayne, nice to hear it all went well. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 6:00 pm