Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Damp floor

bedwok
    bedwok

Damp floor Empty Damp floor

Post by bedwok Tue 01 Mar 2016, 9:34 pm

Hi

Has anyone had any trouble with a damp floor ? I finally got around to replacing the carpet in our Dandy (well I haven't actually replaced it) but when I pulled the carpet up I found a damp patch around the door spreading both left and under the seat and to the right of the door. The wood has gone quite soft (though it's getting harder as it dries) and I am contemplating painting it with some wood hardner ?? But my biggest concern is how on earth has it got in ? Any help /ideas would be greatly appreciated !!
    navver

Damp floor Empty Re: Damp floor

Post by navver Wed 02 Mar 2016, 7:10 pm

I'm not sure which era your dandy is. I know my dark blue had a plastic door trim whereas the older ones had an aluminium trim.

Looking at the detail of the trim, I reckon rain can get in when it is erected. It was never a problem for us because we always used the sun canopy and that keeps all rain off the door wall. An awning will do the same.

If that is the cause and you want to use it without canopy or awning you could put a drip guard above the door.

Not sure but it may run down the lower door section and get in when folded.
    bedwok
    bedwok

Post by bedwok Thu 10 Mar 2016, 1:03 pm

Thanks navies. It's a pale blue mid eighties designer. I will have a look at the door trim in more detail as I think your quite right, I have seen drips occasionally around the door frame but to be honest thought nothing of it as we've always been lucky enough to pack down when it's been dry but I guess the damage may already have been done.
    bedwok
    bedwok

Post by bedwok Thu 10 Mar 2016, 1:04 pm

Apologies Navver! Not navies.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 1:57 pm