Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+6
Cazz
Tow Itch
Helen
vickoir
Eilis
mike
10 posters

Christmas break Chat

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Christmas break Chat Empty Christmas break Chat

Post by mike Wed 13 Jul 2011, 5:30 pm

Well its nearly Christmas,Nancy has started buying presents for the grand kids lol!

Just floating an idea no intention of trying to book or anything yet,is there any interest in a between Christmas and new year get together,we try to get away at this time usually having Christmas day with nancys family and then get back for new years day as its my birthday.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Christmas break Chat Empty Re: Christmas break Chat

Post by Eilis Wed 13 Jul 2011, 5:44 pm

i'm itching to do a bit of winter camping so i'd def be interested in having some company (who also happen to have a blooming good heater lol)

where do you generally go?
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Wed 13 Jul 2011, 6:01 pm

think we would be up for that depending on nicks work but sounds like a good idea cheers santa
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 13 Jul 2011, 6:05 pm

Eilis wrote:i'm itching to do a bit of winter camping so i'd def be interested in having some company (who also happen to have a blooming good heater lol)

where do you generally go?

We normally go somewhere within about 40 miles but would have to wait and see who if any one is interested and try to be central,if it ended up just you and us we would be quiet happy on the Norfolk coast,in the day time its best to use one awning with 2 or 3 extension leads from other units then you can cook and chat in the warm,with off course Christmas lights lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 13 Jul 2011, 6:08 pm

vickoir wrote:think we would be up for that depending on nicks work but sounds like a good idea cheers santa

The last time we went there where about 6 caravans met up,they put lights on one of the trees,lights on all the awnings and a couple of inflatable Christmas models.

mike
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Wed 13 Jul 2011, 6:18 pm

now see even though we're meeting up before christmas, i'm already getting excited about this santa

i was already toying with the idea of camping over the christmas / new year break but i'm really pleased others will be too Christmas break Chat 1049241286
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 13 Jul 2011, 6:23 pm

If Helen is interested we may have to book an extra hook up point just for the lights Christmas break Chat 3462454224
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 13 Jul 2011, 6:25 pm

Eilis wrote:now see even though we're meeting up before christmas, i'm already getting excited about this santa

i was already toying with the idea of camping over the christmas / new year break but i'm really pleased others will be too Christmas break Chat 1049241286

If your not insulated Very Happy by then i will measure up for bed end boards for you in September,then if you bang so much heat on during the night you have a bit of condensation it wont matter.

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Wed 13 Jul 2011, 6:28 pm

mike wrote:
    Eilis wrote:now see even though we're meeting up before christmas, i'm already getting excited about this santa

If your not insulated Very Happy by then i will measure up for bed end boards for you in September,then if you bang so much heat on during the night you have a bit of condensation it wont matter.

fab, thanks Mike, i'm also looking to get the underfloor heating up and running before then. Not sure what condition it's in or when it was last used but not that much to go wrong with it (i hope) so gonna get someone to take a look. If i have that heating sorted i'll be nice and cozy Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 13 Jul 2011, 6:35 pm

Eilis wrote:
    mike wrote:

fab, thanks Mike, i'm also looking to get the underfloor heating up and running before then. Not sure what condition it's in or when it was last used but not that much to go wrong with it (i hope) so gonna get someone to take a look. If i have that heating sorted i'll be nice and cozy Very Happy

Think the thing is with those no spares now but very little to go wrong so hopefully just a safety service,dont forget though you will be paying for hook up so you may as well use it.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Wed 13 Jul 2011, 6:46 pm

true, also plan to find an electric heater for the awning so i can have both warm when i have my breakfast Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 13 Jul 2011, 6:51 pm

Eilis wrote:true, also plan to find an electric heater for the awning so i can have both warm when i have my breakfast Very Happy

Could you have breakfast inside the dandy because from experience i can tell you its not easy to get the awning warm first thing in the morning when the frost is still about,inside you could be in your ******** **** and still be warm,i was going to put hot but thought you may take that the wrong way lol!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:11 pm

I'm up for this, cant wait to get my thousands of Christmas lights out, people used to bring the kids around and stop outside because they thought Santa lived at our house Laughing I have toned it down a bit now my kids have left home but not much, my lights take days to put up and the tree 6 hours lol! And of course the whole bungalow is lit up from the outside as well as inside. All white light's inside and of course everything co-ordinates.

I cant wait to decorate the Dandy and probably half the campsite too Christmas break Chat 1710857839
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Thu 14 Jul 2011, 6:19 am

helen wrote:I'm up for this, cant wait to get my thousands of Christmas lights out, people used to bring the kids around and stop outside because they thought Santa lived at our house Laughing I have toned it down a bit now my kids have left home but not much, my lights take days to put up and the tree 6 hours lol! And of course the whole bungalow is lit up from the outside as well as inside. All white light's inside and of course everything co-ordinates.

I cant wait to decorate the Dandy and probably half the campsite too Christmas break Chat 1710857839

why does that not surprise me Christmas break Chat 3462454224

you'll have to let Vicki know what you're bringing so she can co-ordinate her lights with yours lol!
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:48 am

has anyone given any thought to this
    such as when and where as i dont wish to frighten anyone but it is exactly 18 weeks til christmas affraid
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:50 am

vickoir wrote:has anyone given any thought to this
    such as when and where as i dont wish to frighten anyone but it is exactly 18 weeks til christmas affraid

I fancy a site 10 mile down the road from me lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:52 am

mike wrote:
    vickoir wrote:has anyone given any thought to this

I fancy a site 10 mile down the road from me lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

haha,
    i dont mind really where we go as long as we can get there santa
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 21 Aug 2011, 10:56 am

Started looking around York just because its there,the sites look to be in the £15-£17 a night,i can find them at £13.50 inc electric but then £2 for the awning and £1.50 for bailey so you still end up the same as a £17 all in site,feed back on prices and location would be a help please.

Set the target at

open all year
    electric
    toilets
    showers
    dogs

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 21 Aug 2011, 11:16 am

I don't mind either Mike, you know I would travel to the ends of the earth to spend time with you and PVC lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 21 Aug 2011, 11:55 am

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 21 Aug 2011, 12:29 pm

No web site on this one

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:18 pm

mike wrote:Started looking around York just because its there,the sites look to be in the £15-£17 a night,i can find them at £13.50 inc electric but then £2 for the awning and £1.50 for bailey so you still end up the same as a £17 all in site,feed back on prices and location would be a help please.

Set the target at

open all year
    electric
    toilets
    showers
    dogs

Dear All

As I haven't actually camped with you before I'm probably the last person who could be be demanding that we do X,Y or Z.
    Please treat anything I say as a point for consideration and if I'm talking rubbish feel free to say.

Where we camp?
    Before the Free Forum or Dandycampers was formed there seemed to be a definite North West, North Wales bias in camping activities. Since the Free Forum formation or AFF (After Free Forum) you (we) have had one meet in Linconshire and there is an imminent meet in Notinghamshire. The regional bias if it ever existed for this group.
    I'm open to where we camp with the proviso that I would prefer it somewhere that is likely to be cold. Somebody has already made mention of this.
    I know we are hostages to the weather, but if it's a winter camp lets have a winter camp. Frost and snow being far preferable to mud and muggy.
    From experience every winter I spent in the North East was cold. Any suggestions for near you Vicky & Nick?
    While wanting the cold and possibly snow I suppose we want somewhere we can enter and exit without too much chance of being snowed in. I'm game I'll drive in almost anything (Not yet had conditions I wouldn't drive in) but comment if your squeamish. Conversely comment if you think the weather is the luck of the draw and you'll live with whatever comes.
    What do you normally do when camping? If you arrive for the eve of the 26th and leave on the last day of Dec it will be 5 days.
    A few suitable attractions might be an idea? Might not be the time for walks on the beach. Vicky, Nick make the campsite a commutable distance from Beamish.
    Price: One of the downsides of being unloved (1,2,3....Aw) is that £17-£19 a night gets to being a bit steep.I don't necessarily want it pricing as per Cazz's trip to Dubstock (£6 per person for the weekend) or at the £4p.p.p.n that I will be paying for August bank holiday but £90 before I've sunk a beer or had owt to eat is a touch rich. Ironically I'll happily spend it on fuel for said holiday.
    I started to look at the pricing for the Camping and Caravaning Club's Certificated sites. The price structure wasn't too clear but it looked like a lot of these sites are open all year.
    They might only do 5 caravans but as we are trailer tents to the CACC I presume were are not limited?
    The Caravaning Club wouldn't let me do much searching as I'm not a member.
    Yes there is the cost of the membership but that might be considered a pre payment towards the rest of the year.

I don't want to suggest sites as such because I'd much rather go somewhere new.
    I do have two possible ideas but need to check on the availability of hookups.
    One is liable to be snowed in and lacks for days out.
    The other was in traditionally mild Staffordshire but was rich in days out: Blists Hill (where Victorian Pharmacy was set) A day Narrowboating. Fortunately Hack Green Nuclear Bunker is shut over December, or I would be trying to sell my own idea.
    Are we looking for an early resolution or are we free to look and enquire over the bank holiday break.

Kevin.

Mike

Setting open all year as a prerequisite is a good idea.
    Is there something wrong with the "Quote" option?
    On writing this my words were included in the "Pink" of the quote.
    The close line of command was at the bottom of the page.
    Or is that how you sophisticated types get the quotes to overlap?
    What awning costs? It's a trailer tent!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:32 pm

Kevin it would be great if you come up with some idea's too, we really don't mind where we go over Christmas. I am going to try to organise something for Wales next year, meet suggestions for anywhere are welcome so long as you can tow a Dandy there Very Happy It's a great way to expand our camping experiences as we tended to stick to sites that we knew.
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:32 pm

we know a couple of great sites in co.durham that are open all year and not too inaccessable, close to both beamish and bowes and if there is one thing i can guarantee its that it will be cold, very very cold. with snow a very high possibility.
    lincoln and nottingham for previous meets were just really chosen due circumstance not as a particular location or bias,
    nick and i were going to lincoln for a weeks hols anyway and asked if anyone wanted to come so it turned into a meet for the new forum,
    nottingham mike kinda done the same was going anyhow and asked if anyone would like to join
    the sites i'm thinking about up here if thats what people want are around 12-14 quid in winter but im sure could get discounts for a group
    but no there are no time constraints on sorting somewhere we got 18 weeks til xmas
    so if we all look and chuck suggestions into mix i'm sure we can come up with something suitable santa santa santa
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:28 pm

Where we camp?
    Before the Free Forum or Dandycampers was formed there seemed to be a definite North West, North Wales bias in camping activities. Since the Free Forum formation or AFF (After Free Forum) you (we) have had one meet in Linconshire and there is an imminent meet in Notinghamshire. The regional bias if it ever existed for this group.

Dear All

Sorry must have fell asleep reading my own drivel.
    The last sentence should have been more like.
    The regional bias (If it ever existed) ceased when this group was formed.
    Or something like that. Too much gin too early in the day.
    Mike you've not been re-writing my posts again!
    Thats my answer it's Mike again.

I don't want my first camp with you to be my idea I want somewhere new.
    Besides all my best campsites bar 2 or 3 are ripped off from the MZ Riders Club.
    Normally great sites and cheap. Just people on M/Cs normally aren't too fussy about electrical hook ups.

Kevin.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 5:03 am