Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+5
Ali
vickoir
discovery
Helen
Eilis
9 posters

you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ......

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ...... Empty you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ......

Post by Eilis Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:05 am

well i'm cleaning the awning at the moment - using cif and then finishing with mr sheen Smile

i'm using my dining table but i was getting a bit concerned as i was moving the awning around to get to a new bit, as the table is rectangular and i was worried i would catch the awning (particularly the more vulnerable windows) on a corner and tear it

so as i was cleaning i was seriously considering buying a round dining table so i could clean my awning safely lol!

at that point i decided that i had seriously caught the dandy bug and there may be no hope for me now you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ...... 1049241286
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ...... Empty Re: you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ......

Post by Helen Tue 19 Jul 2011, 7:44 am

That's it eilis you officially have caught the Dandy bug, you will never camp in a tent again and the only camper you will ever want to own is a Dandy.......... sorry to say that there is no known cure, some may have a minor recovery and buy a caravan or motorhome for a short time but then they relapse and return to a Dandy affraid
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ...... Empty Re: you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ......

Post by Eilis Tue 19 Jul 2011, 7:49 am

Have to say it's one bug i'm happy to have, not least because it's introduced me to some lovely people Very Happy
    discovery

you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ...... Empty you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ......

Post by discovery Sat 03 Sep 2011, 12:52 pm

....you start collecting pictures of old ones and compare the features for fun!
    Shocked
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sat 03 Sep 2011, 1:09 pm

discovery wrote:....you start collecting pictures of old ones and compare the features for fun!
    Shocked

haha thats a serious case of dandyitis you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ...... 3462454224
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:50 am

Sadly although we had a nice weekend at Fforest fields, my husband has not caught 'dandy-itis'. He thinks we had too much stuff and it was as tiring as when we camped with our 3 kids in a huge cabanon tent. It wasn't as tiring as that at all (no air beds to blow up!) but it was quite tiring. I couldn't think of anything we took which could have been left behind. That's the trouble with weekend camping - the only extra things we would have needed for a fortnight would have been more clothes. Well and more you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ...... 40847162 you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ...... 2618020505

I'd really like to know if others find short trips tiring- and do you cut down on what you take?
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:39 pm

Sometimes I find it tiring, sometimes I don't. As we are usually with our classic car on weekend trips, we take 1 bag of clothes, 2 chairs, bedding, food, precooked chicken cut up, a one ring burner and gas, a power pack for lighting, we don't take a tv or anything electric including hook up, we usually don't put the awning up, the Dandy is preloaded with plates etc, dry food and bath bag. We find simple is the best for a weekend. Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 05 Sep 2011, 8:46 pm

Short trips (2 nights) we erect just the Dandy and utility tent or perhaps the Royal traveller if rain is forecast. I still take far too much even for just two nights but I was pretty good at Woodhall Spa and it was actually really easy to pack away, John wouldn't usually go for two nights because it was hard work but now he has seen that I can sort of minimise what we take he say's it was okay and will do just a weekend again you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ...... 2792229418
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:46 pm

Looking at what you've both said I really don't think I take too much - altho' I do need a lot of cushions and blankets cos of my neck and arm pain.

I have made cushions in all different sizes and shapes to suit different pains- when we went to Aberdaeron in August my daughter was howling with laughter because I had made a 'small of the back cushion' for the trip down Laughing What's funny about that?? tongue
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:56 am

Ali wrote:Looking at what you've both said I really don't think I take too much - altho' I do need a lot of cushions and blankets cos of my neck and arm pain.

I have made cushions in all different sizes and shapes to suit different pains- when we went to Aberdaeron in August my daughter was howling with laughter because I had made a 'small of the back cushion' for the trip down Laughing What's funny about that?? tongue

if i'm really honest i think i'm worse than helen when it comes to packing as so much seems to stay in the car but gets packed as i'm sure i might need it lol

just wait til your daughter gets on a bit and the aches and pains start and you can sit back (supported by suitable cushions of course) and say i told you so lol
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 06 Sep 2011, 8:37 am

Ali wrote:Looking at what you've both said I really don't think I take too much - altho' I do need a lot of cushions and blankets cos of my neck and arm pain.

I have made cushions for my dandy too, the ones that I have on the chairs are 'small of back cushions' needs must cheers

I stuff all of the cushions inside the Dandy, they're not heavy just a bit bulky and they do make it easier with back problems. I have considered leaving them out of the Dandy and stuffing them in the roof box but that would just mean more space in the Dandy to put heavier stuff scratch
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ...... Empty space saving

Post by Caz1960 Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:12 pm

I got myself a mini hover thingy that sucks the air out of those bags but instead of the expence of the bags I use ordinary bags with no holes and elastic bands at the end
    saves space and can pack loads so best I check my "nose weight now" you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ...... 3208163979
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:30 pm

Where did you get the mini hoover from which can suck air out? I use those special bags going but coming back there's no way to make them small again!

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:03 pm

If you get a 12v air bed pump with a reverse action it will suck the air out as well as blow things up. The Asda ones are pretty good and cheap enough, they come with lots of different size adapters. Very Happy
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:12 pm

helen wrote:If you get a 12v air bed pump with a reverse action it will suck the air out as well as blow things up. The Asda ones are pretty good and cheap enough, they come with lots of different size adapters. Very Happy

brill thanks!
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ...... Empty little hover

Post by Caz1960 Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:59 pm

ALI we have a shop called THE FACTORY SHOP and got it there its the size of my hand and runs on batteries I will look at the make and see if you can get else were if not I will see if they have any more and let you know Cool
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 07 Sep 2011, 12:31 am

Dear All

I would express great caution in using hand held vacuum cleaners.
    These things seem to have a life of their own.
    The attachment is text not pictorial, but please don't open if your squeamish.
    Men especially may find this uncomfortable to read.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kevin.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ...... Empty hand held vac's

Post by Caz1960 Wed 07 Sep 2011, 1:22 am

you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ...... 344726530 If you saw the size of the nozzle a mouse might have that problem not that I've seen a mouse vacuum lol! note the average age 63 yr old men suddenly house proud you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ...... 9639063
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Wed 07 Sep 2011, 5:50 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Dear All

I would express great caution in using hand held vacuum cleaners.
    These things seem to have a life of their own.
    The attachment is text not pictorial, but please don't open if your squeamish.
    Men especially may find this uncomfortable to read.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kevin.

ooo that sounded nasty indeed. strange how all the men just 'happened' to be naked whilst doing jobs! Suspect
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ...... Empty hoover

Post by Caz1960 Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:02 pm

loved to be a fly on the when that happened you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ...... 344726530
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:56 pm

Caz1960 wrote:loved to be a fly on the when that happened you know you've really caught the dandy bug when ...... 344726530

??? That's pretty mean, but relatively less harmful. I think it's only surface cuts that have been caused by a fly!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 03 Aug 2012, 8:14 am

You know that you've got the Dandy bug when ........

I went and bought a caravan and sited it but still take the dandy to pitch next to it because we both sleep better in the Dandy and it's easier to erect than any awning What a Face
    Biker
    Biker

Post by Biker Sat 04 Aug 2012, 10:51 am

We have tried twice to get away from our Dandies by getting a caravan, and have now both as we love our Dandies to bits. Although very busy this year on other projects we do try to get away every weekend, but we usually camp without hookup so a field somewhere does us fine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 1:40 pm