Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

VW camper owners

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

VW camper owners Empty VW camper owners

Post by mike Wed 20 Jul 2011, 8:06 am

Think a VW camper towing a dandy would have to be one of the nicest combinations to see,at the moment we look to be attracting a few owners,lets hope a few more find there way here,although they are built on a German vehicle i always think of them as a British institution,was it Devon who converted under railway arches in London,my first one a type two needed so much welding i bought a mig welder,on removing the furniture i found sand and gravel from its first life as a builders van oh the joy Very Happy the only downside is i am jealous you have to experience the pleasure of being pushed along instead of pulled to fully understand Laughing

mike
    Cazz
    Cazz

VW camper owners Empty Re: VW camper owners

Post by Cazz Wed 20 Jul 2011, 9:34 pm

Hi Mike, the Devons were converted in Sidmouth, Devon. There were also many other conversion companies in the UK. Ours is a German import converted by Westfalia, it has the big advantage of no salt on the road, therefore NO RUST, VW camper owners 184121345

Not many people don't realise that Volkswagen never actually made a campervan until very recently, they were all converted by the the various companies.

Another nerd fact is all the Transporters are offically know as the Type 2 and either T1, T2, T3, T4 and now the T5 generation.

T1 - Splits the first generation.
    T2 - Bays the second.
    T3 - Type 25 or T25, Type 25 or T25 was a nickname they only got in this county, noone knows why, but everyone knows what you mean.
    T4 - the nineties one.
    T5 - the current generation.

The Type 1 - Beetle, Type 2 - Transporter, Type 3 - like our brown car, Type 4 also exsists.

Sorry if that is boring. Shocked
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Wed 20 Jul 2011, 9:45 pm

mike wrote:the only downside is i am jealous you have to experience the pleasure of being pushed along instead of pulled to fully understand Laughing

mike

Sorry if I being thick, are you referring to rear engine rear wheel drive or when you're been recovered from the road side. Razz
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:13 am

Cazz wrote:
    mike wrote:the only downside is i am jealous you have to experience the pleasure of being pushed along instead of pulled to fully understand Laughing

mike

Sorry if I being thick, are you referring to rear engine rear wheel drive or when you're been recovered from the road side. Razz

VW camper owners 1710857839 VW camper owners 1710857839 VW camper owners 1710857839
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:53 am

Engine at the back,so your driving out of the engine noise instead of into it,this was more relevant with the air cooled.
    If it wasn't Devon could it have been danbury,i remember reading about it in safer motoring
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:08 am

mike wrote:Engine at the back,so your driving out of the engine noise instead of into it,this was more relevant with the air cooled.
    If it wasn't Devon could it have been danbury,i remember reading about it in safer motoring

I now follow, I guess it could be the same with the 25 year old clonky diesel.

I'll find out which conversion company you mean. I find stuff like that interesting. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 12:23 pm