Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Power packs

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Power packs Empty Power packs

Post by mike Wed 20 Jul 2011, 10:30 am

Started this thread in the hope someone with more knowledge of them will add to it.if for some reason you cant or dont want to have a battery on your dandy these are handy for running odd items like your water pump,in general they are not as powerful as a leisure battery but are clean and convenient,some come with an inverter built in which of course should be used sparingly as it could drain the unit.

Ring RPP210 12V 40Ah Power Pack with 300W Inverter

£120
    This 12 volt DC Power pack packs punch with a 40 ah battery pack. Unit includes jump leads for your vehicle, worklamp built in the casing, and a mains recharging lead. The unit is polarity protected and has a 300 watt inverter with standard UK 3 pi

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A link to some from machine mart

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Power packs Empty Re: Power packs

Post by Helen Thu 21 Jul 2011, 7:34 am

I would say you get what you pay for with these, we had a cheaper one and it really wasn't that good and yet a friend of mine has a more expensive one than ours and uses an inverter and it doe's the job, she used it to watch tv for an hour a day as well as other things. Very Happy
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 25 Jul 2011, 12:02 am

We've got one of these from Machine Mart

We bought it for use in the trailer tent, the light makes a good bedside light, the 12v and USB sockets are very handy for charging your phone and things. It is nice and low so is easy to store, it has a 'durable rubber housing' so it's very robust. It also has a tyre inflater with gauge. It can last us for a weekend on one charge.

As we are quite often in the middle of know where with the camper, it made sence to have one, I'm sure it will be needed to start our engine one day, we chose one that would cope with a 1.6TD engine.

Some very cheap ones are shockingly bad, our friend had one, it never started an engine in it's life, in fact his went flat really quickly.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:14 am

We got a cheap one Cazz and I forgot to unplug the coolbox that we had in the car boot of our 1.6 Peugeot SW and it was on overnight and totally flattened the battery, I got out the power pack that was fully charged and it didn't even touch it. I would invest in another but this time would spend more on one to make it worth while, while ours cost just short of £20 my friend paid almost £50 but our £20 was wasted as even when using just the light on the side of it and charging the phone the power didn't last very long at all making it a total waste of money. We are now with the RAC so that helps lol!

The one you have looks the business Power packs 3498837457

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 2:28 am