Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+5
jenstar
Eilis
mike
Nick
beverley1232010
9 posters

search for a dandy

beverley1232010
    beverley1232010

search for a dandy  Empty search for a dandy

Post by beverley1232010 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:20 pm

Hi i have just joined the club, not got a dandy yet, but on the look out for next year, We had one years ago, but sold it cos we had two dogs and it was too small. We have a sloped drive, would a motor mover get the dandy up and down ok,
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

search for a dandy  Empty Re: search for a dandy

Post by Nick Tue 16 Aug 2011, 2:33 pm

hi beverley,hope you find a suitable dandy in the new year,there should be some good buys towards end of year there usually is.I don't know about motor movers but Mike has a winch system to move his dandy up his drive way i am sure he can tell you more.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:10 pm

Welcome to the forum.I think most dandys will not take a mover due to chassis size,its not some thing i have looked into so could be wrong,a winch would be another alternative and at a fraction of the cost of a mover,although not a lot of use on site.i just have a manual winch as its only there in case i need it,but you could have a 12 volt running from the dandy battery,Lorraine uses one but i think she is away at the moment,hopefully she will read this post on her return.

mike
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 16 Aug 2011, 4:56 pm

welcome Beverley, here's hoping you find the right dandy for you Smile
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Tue 16 Aug 2011, 5:47 pm

search for a dandy  1217042266 Hope you find the right Dandy soon. We were very lucky and found one quite quickly! You will find lots of good advice, everyones been lovely on here, I have just joined myself. Very Happy
    Owd Lad
    Owd Lad

search for a dandy  Empty Welcome Beverley

Post by Owd Lad Tue 16 Aug 2011, 7:26 pm

Always nice to see a new name appear. Heres hoping that you soon find what you want. Sloping drives can be a problem, especialy ones with bends in them, like ours. Much depends on your vehicle and trailer reversing skills as to whether you can reverse it up the drive. There's always winches and blocks and tackle but one way is to block the downhill side of a wheel and then swing the trailer over a way. Then block the other wheel and swing the trailer the other way, effectively 'walking' the trailer. Progress may be a bit slow but it will go up hill using this method. I've used it on caravans before now but with a Dandy it should work, even in the realatively narrow confines of a drive.
    Steve
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 16 Aug 2011, 7:30 pm

Owd Lad wrote:Always nice to see a new name appear. Heres hoping that you soon find what you want. Sloping drives can be a problem, especialy ones with bends in them, like ours. Much depends on your vehicle and trailer reversing skills as to whether you can reverse it up the drive. There's always winches and blocks and tackle but one way is to block the downhill side of a wheel and then swing the trailer over a way. Then block the other wheel and swing the trailer the other way, effectively 'walking' the trailer. Progress may be a bit slow but it will go up hill using this method. I've used it on caravans before now but with a Dandy it should work, even in the realatively narrow confines of a drive.
    Steve

Love the simple answers Very Happy that's something i haven't done for years and had forgotten all about it.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 19 Aug 2011, 4:58 pm

Hi and welcome

Hope you find your Dandy soon. search for a dandy  936075699
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 19 Aug 2011, 9:32 pm

Dear All

Search for a Dandy. Hope not Kin X factors back on in a few weeks. Is Walsh in this or is it summat to keep Cole on telly.
    Motor movers, Dandy chassis dimensions?
    There was the older movers where it was a juggling session with the jockey wheel, but then I saw this!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Alas they have stopped making them, but there's always my favourite ebay.

Kevin.

beverley1232010
    beverley1232010

search for a dandy  Empty advice

Post by beverley1232010 Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:48 pm

Thank you every one for the advice, the walking the dandy up the drive sounds a real good solution. Watching one on ebay at the moment, but as it has had its suspension replaced not quite sure weather its the right one for us at this time, but hope to join the dandy owners very soon. bev
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:55 pm

good luck bev hope you find what your looking for cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 2:38 am