Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+9
bilbo
Cazz
John
Eilis
mike
vickoir
Helen
hakuna matata
Nick
13 posters

Dandy trailer tent with Mini Wheels fitted

Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Dandy trailer tent with Mini Wheels fitted - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandy trailer tent with Mini Wheels fitted

Post by Nick Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:58 pm

I am not too impressed with powder coating on my wheels its very brittle but that's what i get for £15 per wheel.
    I had to use 10mm spacers and change the studs,i had the centres machined out by 1mm so the wheels would not foul on the middle of the hub.
    I think that the wheel centres vary though depending on the manufacturer.
    I also want to raise suspension on our dandy as i prefer to go this route than lower car.The dandy was just slightly nose high on Colt but i expect this will be much higher on Fabia.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Dandy trailer tent with Mini Wheels fitted - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandy trailer tent with Mini Wheels fitted

Post by Helen Wed 20 Jun 2012, 6:27 pm

Bumping this informative thread.
    Kwaker

Dandy trailer tent with Mini Wheels fitted - Page 2 Empty Tow bar height.

Post by Kwaker Mon 25 Jun 2012, 9:11 pm

I have just been reading about fitting mini wheels and this is something to be considered for the future. However at the moment all I would like to do is lower the tow hitch on the Dandy. The Dandy slopes to the back at the moment and I don't like it.
    I have fitted a plate for the tow-bar on the car in the past, but the design of the ball hitch is such that in order to clear the bolts I would have to fit a plate that was too big, and it would end up too low at the front?
    Anyone any ideas?
    Kwaker

Dandy trailer tent with Mini Wheels fitted - Page 2 Empty Tow bar height.

Post by Kwaker Mon 25 Jun 2012, 9:12 pm

I have just been reading about fitting mini wheels and this is something to be considered for the future. However at the moment all I would like to do is lower the tow hitch on the Dandy. The Dandy slopes to the back at the moment and I don't like it.
    I have fitted a plate for the tow-bar on the car in the past, but the design of the ball hitch is such that in order to clear the bolts I would have to fit a plate that was too big, and it would end up too low at the front?
    Anyone any ideas?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 25 Jun 2012, 9:15 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum, we recently fitted new suspension on our Dandy and it raised it. You can get or make spacers that would sit between the chassis and suspension that would give extra height without paying out for new suspension, you would also need longer bolts.
    abc5575

Post by abc5575 Mon 25 Jun 2012, 9:21 pm

Hi all. They are lovely looking wheels.

We were hoping to take Desmond out for the first time next weekend, but as of yet, his new wheels haven't arrived, maybe tomorrow. Sad
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 25 Jun 2012, 9:21 pm

Here is the link for suspension just in case

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    abc5575

Post by abc5575 Tue 26 Jun 2012, 6:29 pm

Hi all. Still no wheels Crying or Very sad
    But the table-post has arrived. Smile
    abc5575

Post by abc5575 Wed 27 Jun 2012, 3:17 pm

Hi all.
    Have telephoned the wheel people who said that the rims have just come in today, and that we should have them tomorrow Smile
    Have just been out to buy some carpet, found the one i wanted in 30 seconds, cost 15.00. Dandy trailer tent with Mini Wheels fitted - Page 2 2792229418
    abc5575

Post by abc5575 Fri 29 Jun 2012, 2:28 pm

Hi all. Still no wheels/
    They were on next day delivery on 27th, left the depot 4 miles away at Newcastle at 09.19 yesterday, due to weather, went back to depot, still not here yet.
    Though Fed Ex say they will be here today.
    Ordered these wheels on Mon 13th June. Sad
    abc5575

Post by abc5575 Fri 29 Jun 2012, 6:46 pm

Dandy trailer tent with Mini Wheels fitted - Page 2 2308263648 We have wheels, they have just arrived.
    Will get them fitted on Desmond tomorrow, and fit his new carpet.
    abc5575

Post by abc5575 Sun 01 Jul 2012, 5:48 pm

Hi all, The wheels are lovely. From trailertek. Desmond will look smart as a dab.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 8:46 am