Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Goodwood Again / Revival This Time.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Goodwood Again / Revival This Time. Empty Goodwood Again / Revival This Time.

Post by Tow Itch Mon 19 Sep 2011, 11:14 pm

Dear All

Not long back from Goodwood (21.45)I do go to other places as well. Honestly.
    This time it was the Revival which is based on the time that the racetrack was open 1940 whatever till mid 1960's ish.
    Can't you tell I learnt so much.
    I really wanted to go to this but drew a blank from my friends so went down on my own which may or may not explain to you why I'm so knackered.
    Will enter photographs and text as the week goes on. Only now realising what a poor job I did not posting more photos from July's visit, not really having a suitable camera I had run out of steam waiting for friends to forward their images.

Kevin.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Goodwood Again / Revival This Time. Empty Re: Goodwood Again / Revival This Time.

Post by Cazz Tue 20 Sep 2011, 11:27 pm

Hope you had a good time. One year we will make it to this event, windfall permitting. Lol. Looking forward to your pics.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Goodwood Again / Revival This Time. Empty Re: Goodwood Again / Revival This Time.

Post by Tow Itch Wed 21 Sep 2011, 1:05 am

Cazz

Tried to "sell" the Festival Of Speed on "The Forum" (Other Dandy Related Forums Are Available) at the beginning of the year.
    I don't pay to get in. I give a couple of hours each day up to a charity (I will happily pass on details)and believe me a 2 hour break is welcome if you have spent all day wandering up and down Lord March's front garden or around the racetrack.
    The camping seems expensive at £200 for a pitch with hook up or £160 without, but It's a 10m X 7m pitch so you can get 2 units on and the electric hook ups and generating plant is installed and removed for each event. Also the toilets showers and wash ups are scrupulously clean.
    So two, two people units could split a pitch and end up camping Wed to Sun nights inc (FOS) or Thur to Sun (revival) for £200 £10 p.p.p.n or £ £12.50 p.p.p.n. or £10 per person less if you don't have a hook up.
    So this is for camping and that much entertainment you wont see everything, even after 3 or 4 days.
    This summer we cooked all our own food and had 5 electric cool boxes on the go for our food and beer,so the hook up was good value.
    As I was on my own for the revival camped elsewhere, add the camping and fuel in and out each day bet I blew £95 on accommodation. The queues in are horrendous.
    Hope to recoup some of the expense at Christmas. The racetrack is surrounded with blackthorn bushes so I have picked somewhere between 5 to 7 lbs of sloes. I expect to soak these and have at least 4 bottles of sloe gin for Christmas.
    I will try to save 1 bottle as a raffle prize for the winter meet if I can resist the temptation.

Kevin.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 21 Sep 2011, 8:11 am

Pleased you had a good time Kevin and can't wait to see the pictures. Sloe gin is one of John's favourites but alas we don't do raffles or fund raising, we just like to get together and do whatever we feel like at the time so you get to raffle it somewhere else or even drink it all yourself. Goodwood Again / Revival This Time. 3943490063
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Wed 21 Sep 2011, 8:40 am

now let's not be too hasty there Helen, he's welcome to donate it to the charity that is meeeee Goodwood Again / Revival This Time. 3462454224 Goodwood Again / Revival This Time. 3462454224
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:24 am

Hi Kevin, I totally understanding what you you are saying about the cost in your last post, it works out at a fantastic price, unfortunately even paying that is too much at the moment. All being well, in a few years things will be easier. :-)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:28 am