Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Eilis
Helen
6 posters

Dandy leg screws

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Dandy leg screws Empty Dandy leg screws

Post by Helen Sun 02 Oct 2011, 7:54 pm

We really need to sort out something for our leg screws, the plastic knob thingy's keep breaking and the ones that don't just turn and screw off so we are finally going to make some and when we have I will post the pictures, it should be easy enough just something we keep forgetting to do and have to then use an adjustable spanner. We are going to make some with a metal bar welded on. Twisted Evil
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Dandy leg screws Empty Re: Dandy leg screws

Post by Eilis Sun 02 Oct 2011, 8:05 pm

brilliant idea, every time i use the dandy more of these stop working and they don't last long when you buy them before the plastic bit just starts going round and round
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 02 Oct 2011, 8:11 pm

Ours have been doing it for years but it's one of them things you forget about until your onsite trying to pack away and your leg screws are stuck affraid
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 02 Oct 2011, 8:15 pm

Helen

Yes welding a T bar is the long term solution but if you were going to pop to Farnworth for the gas taps I mentioned then TVS have plastic handled leg screws for £4.00 for a pack of two.
    They do however say "Conway" on them. Dandy leg screws 3208163979

Kevin.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 02 Oct 2011, 8:34 pm

Our camping shop sells them for almost £4 each so that is a good deal Kevin, we are going for the long term solution this time but thanks and for the link to the gas tap but we now have a very cute small dumpy bottle that can sit in the awning next to the fridge when we don't use EHU.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 03 Oct 2011, 2:50 pm

Its on my list of things to do,the daft thing is it would only take a few min to make a set
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:50 pm

I know but we are too busy chatting on the forum or out and about using the Dandy's Twisted Evil Odd though that it really is the most simple job and it has been on the back burner while we make awnings, recover the soft furnishings and make new ones, try to sort out insulation or suspension and yet the things that actually hold the bed on which we sleep are so simple to rectify and they get overlooked. I've often gone thud in the night as the screws holding the legs were not tight enough Dandy leg screws 3208163979 I think we may have priority problems scratch
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:57 pm

helen wrote:I know but we are too busy chatting on the forum or out and about using the Dandy's Twisted Evil Odd though that it really is the most simple job and it has been on the back burner while we make awnings, recover the soft furnishings and make new ones, try to sort out insulation or suspension and yet the things that actually hold the bed on which we sleep are so simple to rectify and they get overlooked. I've often gone thud in the night as the screws holding the legs were not tight enough Dandy leg screws 3208163979 I think we may have priority problems scratch

Often wondered if this happens with new dandy's,or is it a case of the extending leg piece developing dents from the screws over the years so then you some times tighten the screw on a raised piece next to a dent and it slips off,this would mean turning the leg round would give you a flat surface,you may need to drill a hole in for the screw to hold the leg in transit though.

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 12 Feb 2012, 8:07 am

We still need to sort our leg screws out Embarassed

The new little Dandy has different leg screws, they are threaded at one end and bent to shape at the other. I'm not sure that they will be staying as one is missing (easy enough to make I should imagine) but we will probably just go for the type that are on our Dandy now.

all idea's welcome as our plastic turning ends keep coming off and we have to use grips to unscrew. Neutral
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 9:39 pm

I have spare bed screws that have come of of old furniture old adjustable table and fit the dandy perfect so I keep an eye out in junk shops and second furniture shops.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Tue 14 Feb 2012, 6:59 pm

Re: Dandy bed knobs
    I don't know if I have done this right, but I have copied and pasted a post I have put on before. The link I put on is a bit hit and miss as I don't know if they advertise on that site all of the time, but I have just googled resin machinery knobs and found them. Try this link.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Phoenix on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:16 pm
    Hi KristOn,

I have put the link on again for you, this site can be a pain sometimes. The advert goes sometimes but does come back again. The knobs are for tightening the bed legs in position. You will need to find out the thread rating in your leg holder, Mike's were M8 1.25. The knobs on Phoenix which are original are 1 1/2" in diameter. You will then need to get a length of threaded rod and matching nuts. Cut off the length of stud your require, thread into the knob and lock of with a nut. Hope this helps.

Here is a better picture than last time to show you.

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 01 Apr 2012, 3:47 pm

We got some new leg screws today, £3.49 each but they do have a longer thread than the others we have seen for sale.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 01 Apr 2012, 5:22 pm

As much as i wanted the knob version decided against them because of the grip aspect,hands are getting older
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 01 Apr 2012, 5:27 pm

That's why we got the old type, we decided against the knob type because of grip, although I do still think they look nicer and like the colours you can get them in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 10:53 am