Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+15
The Admiral
ShaunJUK
jamiepsion
Caz1960
naedoot
Krist0n
Coffee1
Esermalda
Tow Itch
Cazz
vickoir
Eilis
Helen
Phoenix
mike
19 posters

The twitter thread

Esermalda
    Esermalda

The twitter thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The twitter thread

Post by Esermalda Wed 08 Feb 2012, 10:10 pm

one of my grandsons only felt the difference in L and R in wellies at about age 12. before that it seemed not to matter to him.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 09 Feb 2012, 6:36 am

Helen wrote: lol! lol! lol! The twitter thread - Page 10 1710857839 The twitter thread - Page 10 1710857839 The twitter thread - Page 10 1710857839

I only know which feet to put mine on because they have buckles on the outer side.

Buckles on your feet lol!
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Thu 09 Feb 2012, 7:16 am

dont know why I set the alarm in the morning, seem to wake about an hour + before it goes off Sad

Cath is on nightshift tonight until Monday morning so going to be worse tomorrow as I will be on my own in bed the next couple of nights Sad

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 09 Feb 2012, 7:20 am

naedoot wrote:dont know why I set the alarm in the morning, seem to wake about an hour + before it goes off Sad

Cath is on nightshift tonight until Monday morning so going to be worse tomorrow as I will be on my own in bed the next couple of nights Sad

At least you can have all the covers lol!
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Thu 09 Feb 2012, 7:22 am

naedoot wrote:dont know why I set the alarm in the morning, seem to wake about an hour + before it goes off Sad

i generally wake up before the alarm these days and must admit i prefer it as i feel really jarred by the awful noise it makes lol (i suppose that's the incentive to wake up first)

naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Fri 10 Feb 2012, 7:17 am

well found out last night that my eldest daughter and her pal are the only two interested in doing this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

thought there would have been more but hey Im well happy for her.

needs to take tent, sleeping stuff, clothes, cooker food etc.

so shes all excited as her pals mum was down last night so we reckon between us we have everything we need for them.

roll on May
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 10 Feb 2012, 7:47 am

Good on them both ............. it will be an adventure they will never forget and will talk about for ages The twitter thread - Page 10 1710857839 The twitter thread - Page 10 1710857839 The twitter thread - Page 10 1710857839
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Fri 10 Feb 2012, 7:55 am

a friend's son goes on scout camps and has a fantastic time, being a boy of course the dirtier the better and somehow he manages to come back with the same number of clean pairs of underwear that he went with lol

they learn so much from this it's a fantastic opportunity Smile
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Fri 10 Feb 2012, 8:10 am

All my girls like it

youngest just started Beavers in Dec, middle daughter (9) is in cubs and the eldest (11) is in Scouts.

the middle and youngest cant wait as they will get to meet Bear Grylls this year at one of the camps (middle daughter should have been a boy)

I think its good for them as they get to learn life skills instead of sitting in a hall and having a sleep over painting nails like some other organisation that goes on.

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 10 Feb 2012, 8:16 am

I totally agree with you Tom, I was a tomboy too and I think I had much more fun than my older sister Laughing

although I did tend to get more scraped knee's and elbows.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 10 Feb 2012, 6:06 pm

Ime fed up with no dandys for sale and i only want to watch them,i know it will start but wish it would hurry
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sat 11 Feb 2012, 11:13 am

until recently my garage was pretty tidy and not too crowded but over the last 3 weeks or so it's got ridiculous Evil or Very Mad

not impressed with myself but it is totally my own fault lol hmmm wonder if i can persuade my darling brother to take some stuff to the recycling centre lol
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Sat 11 Feb 2012, 11:25 am

Eilis wrote:until recently my garage was pretty tidy and not too crowded but over the last 3 weeks or so it's got ridiculous Evil or Very Mad

not impressed with myself but it is totally my own fault lol hmmm wonder if i can persuade my darling brother to take some stuff to the recycling centre lol

can he swing by mine and do my garage to ? Smile

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sat 11 Feb 2012, 11:28 am

given the large area of the country he covers in his job he probably could lol

although i really hate doing chores, they seem slightly less odious when it's not freezing cold but then i don't want to do them when the weather is good as i'd rather be camping lol
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 11 Feb 2012, 6:47 pm

New tv is set up and working great despite being dropped. It was really easy to set up although it is a bit big I can live with that as I have got a choice of colours in 3D glasses (came with the tv in pretty colours) so can co-ordinate with what I am wearing at the time Laughing

It's a 47 inch LED backlit 3D LG tv and it's far simpler to use than the Bush 3D tv.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 11 Feb 2012, 6:48 pm

Eilis wrote:until recently my garage was pretty tidy and not too crowded but over the last 3 weeks or so it's got ridiculous Evil or Very Mad

You want to see inside my garage Eilis ............ you won't feel half as bad about yours then. Shocked
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sat 11 Feb 2012, 6:53 pm

So you've got blue ones for when you take it dandying? lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 12 Feb 2012, 5:24 am

a loss to the music world then Whitney Houston 48,must say i have always liked her
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 12 Feb 2012, 5:25 am

I haven't seen the news yet Mike, that's a shock and very sad.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 9:47 pm

oh my god the bodyguard wont be the same but joking apart so sad...... it seems when you have it all , looks, monies,a good life and unhappy thank god i am ugly, skint and cant sing but happy flower
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 14 Feb 2012, 8:33 am

Caz beauty is only skin deep and money doesn't always make you happy, you can be surrounded by lots of people and still be lonely.

Not met you yet and I already know how lovely you are. Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 14 Feb 2012, 6:11 pm

Sent the deposit for our week in June used a cheque its amazing how little we use them,its the same cheque book i used two rears ago to pay the deposit the first time i went to this site,nine cheques have been used in between all for coal,wouldn't like to not have one but obviously we dont use it much.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 14 Feb 2012, 9:24 pm

mike wrote:Sent the deposit for our week in June used a cheque its amazing how little we use them,its the same cheque book i used two rears ago to pay the deposit the first time i went to this site,nine cheques have been used in between all for coal,wouldn't like to not have one but obviously we dont use it much.

The twitter thread - Page 10 2667980805 /We agree, we don't use the cheque book very often, but when we do it's very useful to have.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 14 Feb 2012, 9:42 pm

It is useful to have and we rarely us ours too, think the current one is a few years old now ......... I have recently sent a cheque but after being reminded by Mikes post I have checked and it hasn't been cashed yet. I have sent a message today asking the recipient if they have received it yet and am now wishing I had just paid over the phone with my card Rolling Eyes
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Wed 15 Feb 2012, 4:46 am

when you've got kids at school, the cheque book is a god-send. Try sending a dislexic 8 year old, with no short term memory into school with cash!!! It doesn't work lol.

My 12 year olds' school is "well with it" though. They have an online system, where we can log on (very securely), and pay money into his account for dinners. He then chooses his dinner, and scans his finger print to pay. The system also lets us check on his attendance, puncuality, detentions, merits, homework.....the list goes on. It's amazing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 7:44 am