Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+15
The Admiral
ShaunJUK
jamiepsion
Caz1960
naedoot
Krist0n
Coffee1
Esermalda
Tow Itch
Cazz
vickoir
Eilis
Helen
Phoenix
mike
19 posters

The twitter thread

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

The twitter thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The twitter thread

Post by Helen Wed 18 Apr 2012, 6:16 pm

we're always glamping in a Dandy Mike. Laughing
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Wed 18 Apr 2012, 8:11 pm

So whats in here then? Just a bit of a chit chat?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 18 Apr 2012, 8:42 pm

Yep, this is where we just chat on about anything and everything, we also use the chatbox at the bottom, it's a private area for members.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Wed 18 Apr 2012, 10:14 pm

the reason it's called the twitter thread is that it has no theme it's just chatter and random comments that people can make so it allows freedom.

if you wake up feeling grumpy you can comment or if something good happened.

basically whatever random thought strikes you so you don't have to make another thread Smile
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 19 Apr 2012, 12:07 am

Rolling Eyes talk about being grumpy after kicking the hell out of my washing machine as it would not give up my washing after it did the load so that's me naked tomorrow affraid so went to have a calming cuppa while waiting the machine repairman so opened the fridge and get the milk to find the fridge has decide to have a laugh and change of job its now decided to be a freezer one lump or two of milk The twitter thread - Page 16 9639063 after the machine man took the sharp intake of air and head shaking how I refrained from killing him why be a drama queen I big girl now just tell me straight! any way the machine is dead me kicking it I suppose didn't help but sure relieved the stress for me so later all calm and collected cleaning the cooker (gas) and managed to blow the fuse in the clock so now the ovens don't work just the hobs .. they say its runs in three's but The twitter thread - Page 16 9639063 The twitter thread - Page 16 9639063 The twitter thread - Page 16 9639063 The twitter thread - Page 16 9639063
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:20 am

thats too bad. you have my sympathy, hope all is fixed soon. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:26 am

some people at my work actually SCORN camping of any kind. I told one chap about the dandy: his comment - He has booked a weeks holiday in mid june in portugal for 4 people in a villa, with pool, £300. flights for 4 people £350 -
    I couldn't argue with that.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 19 Apr 2012, 11:26 am

I hope everything gets sorted soon Caz.

I agree with things happening in 3's 6's or even 9's lol, I was microwaving the sickly dog some porridge in the hope he would actually eat something, then the microwave knocked all the ring main out, reset that now the microwave won't work. Evil or Very Mad Went shopping yesterday to get the dog a chicken, we were trying to be quick so not to leave him home alone for long, came out and the campervan wouldn't start, I think she was protesting about the dog being sick in her the day before. affraid We are meant to be camping at Oswestry this weekend, have you seen the forcast? perfect for a poorly pooch. Mad

On a good note, we have heating and plenty of magic chicken, and the dog loves camping, we'll see how he is tomorrow, hes not been sick today, but that could be his stomach settling tablets working. The twitter thread - Page 16 143088812 The twitter thread - Page 16 2829330259
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 19 Apr 2012, 12:34 pm

Esermalda wrote:some people at my work actually SCORN camping of any kind. I told one chap about the dandy: his comment - He has booked a weeks holiday in mid june in portugal for 4 people in a villa, with pool, £300. flights for 4 people £350 -
    I couldn't argue with that.

Fair point I understand that if I'm camping alone the unit takes a fair bit of space and campsite owners are entitled to a profit.
    Fees are getting harsh though. I look at what some of you are prepared to pay in site fees and I wonder. I still have the tent mentality about a cheap place to stay.
    A Naffhotel isn't the same fun as camping. But I don't have to spend half a day packing all my kit and it's a damn sight more convenient for city breaks.
    I have to / want to go to Ireland for 5 to 7 days soon. On top of the extortionate ferry fare it's £100 / £120 more for the Dandy, couple that to the site fees and it's a no brainer. B&B for the week it is.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:49 pm

You should try Dinarth Hall in Wales Kevin, they charge per person and not per unit ...... that was Doris's gripe, she didn't like sites that charged her the same price as a family or group because it was a single fee regardless of how many were in the tent. Not too far from where you are either.
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:57 pm

Good Evening all,

Currently packing for my first night away tomorrow The twitter thread - Page 16 2792229418
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:00 pm

Have a brilliant time and don't forget your camera. Very Happy
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:04 pm

How much stuff are you taking with you? have you made a list yet
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:05 pm

Helen wrote:You should try Dinarth Hall in Wales Kevin, they charge per person and not per unit ...... that was Doris's gripe, she didn't like sites that charged her the same price as a family or group because it was a single fee regardless of how many were in the tent. Not too far from where you are either.

I can't reasonably object to sites charging per units. Space is what they have so you sell per pitch or per size of unit. It's just what the total cost ends up being. I'll have a look at Dinarth Hall though, looking for a new site at the moment.

Good luck Shaun.
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:33 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    Helen wrote:You should try Dinarth Hall in Wales Kevin, they charge per person and not per unit ...... that was Doris's gripe, she didn't like sites that charged her the same price as a family or group because it was a single fee regardless of how many were in the tent. Not too far from where you are either.

I can't reasonably object to sites charging per units. Space is what they have so you sell per pitch or per size of unit. It's just what the total cost ends up being. I'll have a look at Dinarth Hall though, looking for a new site at the moment.

Good luck Shaun.

Thanks and to join in this conversation, I dont mint a pitch fee and a hookup fee etc but why extra fees for extra persons and awnings/tents.

Only exception to the above if the site includes entertainment an pass however then you open a new can of worms about your paying to stay there and they cost a fortune when your in!
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:17 pm

Left my sandwiches at home this morning, tried 5 places on the way to work to get a replacement with no luck. Why, because I don't like mayonnaise on sandwiches and that's all you seem to be able to get. I had to make a special trip out to a small sandwich shop a fair walk away to get them to make me a sandwich the way I want it - bread, butter and plain filling (in this case ham & cheese) and NO mayonnaise.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:21 pm

That's our argument too Shaun, some tents these days take up far more space than our unit and awning put together and if you paid for the pitch then it's for a certain area and you should be able to put what I want on it. If you rented a house for a certain amount and then they said you had to pay extra if you wanted to use the third bedroom you would tell them to get stuffed.

As for the mayo thing Jayne, your right all the big shops now put it on when years ago you had to ask for it if you wanted it.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 20 Apr 2012, 8:06 am

Our gripe is when sites charge extra for an awning with the campervan, how is that different to a car with a large tent? That set up doesn't cost extra.

Before we've taken our tent with the campervan to avoid the extra charge, now we can take the Dandy with the campervan, the campervan is just a vehicle then. tongue to such sites. lol!
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Fri 20 Apr 2012, 8:07 am

when my brother chris joined us camping last year he got charged for an 'awning' on his vw which was just a bit of canvas that stuck out of the side! that's just mad :-O
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 20 Apr 2012, 9:00 am

That was just a pull out sun canopy affraid
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Fri 20 Apr 2012, 11:38 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't what we call an awning on a dandy just the same as the front of a Conway? The front of a Conway isn't optional is it? So do they always pay for an awning or get away with it?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 20 Apr 2012, 11:55 am

Here's an example Shaun, Mike and I both went to a meet ....... Mike has bigger Dandy but said it was a trailer tent and never mentioned and awning .......... I said folding camper and that I was putting the awning up

Result ........ Mike pays £2 per night less than me The twitter thread - Page 16 3208163979

These day's mines a trailer tent, unless I want to use a site that doesn't accept tents and then it's a folding caravan. Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 20 Apr 2012, 2:02 pm

Shaun not the Halfords mantra a different one this time.

The Dandy was unique insofar The Caravan Club accepted it as a Folding Caravan and The Camping And Caravaning Club accepted it as a Trailer Tent. I don't know if this has happened with other Folding Campers since?

Therefore if caravans only, EHUs for caravans only etc. The Caravan club says I'm a caravan therefore I'm a caravan.

If the site wants extra for awnings, charges more for caravans than trailer tents, or has a limit on how many caravans it can allow The Camping And Caravan Club Says I'm a Trailer Tent therefore I'm a trailer tent.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 20 Apr 2012, 6:41 pm

Hope every thing goes ok tomorrow for john and his dandy collecting The twitter thread - Page 16 2702329197
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 20 Apr 2012, 6:44 pm

Helen wrote:Here's an example Shaun, Mike and I both went to a meet ....... Mike has bigger Dandy but said it was a trailer tent and never mentioned and awning .......... I said folding camper and that I was putting the awning up

Result ........ Mike pays £2 per night less than me The twitter thread - Page 16 3208163979

These day's mines a trailer tent, unless I want to use a site that doesn't accept tents and then it's a folding caravan. Very Happy

To be honest ive given up now i mainly use caravan club cl sites and they expect to charge extra for the awning.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 8:37 am