Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+34
Rose red
vnuala
tartanterror
emski74
sherman68
skids
MrsG
bgarston
Ben_Rach01
fenhel1
LancashireLass
leggy
fifiskis
ShaunJUK
Phoenix
jamiepsion
The Admiral
vessey44
Ali
slipstream
Kimmie
Endecay
Caz1960
Nick
naedoot
vickoir
Cazz
jase
Krist0n
Helen
Esermalda
Keith
Tow Itch
mike
38 posters

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 10 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by Tow Itch Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:32 pm

Friday Ads an Orange Dandy no further description at this point. £500 ono.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No awning. Good solid condition. One of the plastic sided ones. It is a 4.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 10 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by mike Sat 24 Mar 2012, 5:24 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]the biggest problem here is it states brakes disconnected but tows well as only 500kg,i am open to being corrected but its my understanding if brakes are fitted they must work,that would make towing this one illegal so if you are interested check this.

mike

An additional thought is the towing limit on un braked trailers for your car,braked on mine is 900kg but with no brakes this drops to 400kg
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 24 Mar 2012, 6:42 am

£100 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 24 Mar 2012, 11:31 am

mike wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]the biggest problem here is it states brakes disconnected but tows well as only 500kg,i am open to being corrected but its my understanding if brakes are fitted they must work,that would make towing this one illegal so if you are interested check this.

mike

An additional thought is the towing limit on un braked trailers for your car,braked on mine is 900kg but with no brakes this drops to 400kg

We have covered this before and as you say if fitted must work.Oh he also says it's a five, I'm uncertain between 4 and 41/2.

£100 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Where are you wingnut you may not see one cheaper than this. If it has an awning you may even end up getting it for nothing bar the cost of the fuel, or might even pay towards the fuel.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 24 Mar 2012, 12:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] On the Wirral up for £2,500 buy it now or make an offer.
    Somebody who knew what they were doing and cared for the Dandy owned this.
    Gigantic front box in aluminium. Steadies on each side to stop body movement when you get in or out.
    Shelf with lights.
    Considering the price it all starts to go south a bit when you realise it's not one of the late model acrylic awnings but an after market one. Then there is no mention of a heater.
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Sat 24 Mar 2012, 2:55 pm

its still a great buy though at £2500.We paid £3500 12months ago for a 2005 designer ours has heating and a proper dandy awning but i would have bought this over ours had both been for sale at the same time.
    I like the front box and corner steadies,i think i am going to put a pair of corner steadies on the rear of our dandy this year.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 24 Mar 2012, 4:30 pm

A few in at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]including a brown 6 and a pale blue 6
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 25 Mar 2012, 11:08 am

Give this one a bump it looks nice [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Sun 25 Mar 2012, 5:48 pm

Tow Itch wrote: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] On the Wirral up for £2,500 buy it now or make an offer.
    Gigantic front box in aluminium. Steadies on each side to stop body movement when you get in or out.
    Shelf with lights.
    Considering the price it all starts to go south a bit when you realise it's not one of the late model acrylic awnings but an after market one. Then there is no mention of a heater.

If anyone is really interested in this I could go and check it out as I live on Wirral.
    Ali
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 25 Mar 2012, 5:56 pm

Ali wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] On the Wirral up for £2,500 buy it now or make an offer.
    Shelf with lights.

If anyone is really interested in this I could go and check it out as I live on Wirral.
    Ali

Shove the Dandy!
    Nice to hear from you.
    How is your replacement saga going on these days, did you ever get a Highside?
    If it's not too grim a question and touching wood, how is the back, neck, shoulderry type issues?
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Sun 25 Mar 2012, 7:11 pm

Hi! How are you?

No still haven't got a 6 - still looking but wondering whether to stay with the designer as my surgery has left me with a really bad neck and my arm is not so good either! At least we know how to put the designer up and down now! a 6 would be harder.

It's not been the best few months though. I don't stay online as much as I used to but it's always good to catch up with the forum!

Ali
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Sun 25 Mar 2012, 9:26 pm

hi ya Ali sorry to hear that it hasn't gone to well have you seen or have a chat to the chappie that converts Dandys for the disable ( not that your disabled ) but surely he must have improvised the putting up the dandy's ?? Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 25 Mar 2012, 11:25 pm

Cleanish looking brown 6 with an awning.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 25 Mar 2012, 11:31 pm

Another brown 6 not as clean looking. Has an underfloor heater but a non genuine awning.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 26 Mar 2012, 12:00 am

Dart needs a bit doing to it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 26 Mar 2012, 12:12 am

Plastic? sided orange 4. In Ross On Wye. This must be Wingnuts.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 26 Mar 2012, 12:31 am

Orange 4. I would advise looking at the other items the seller has!

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 26 Mar 2012, 7:25 am

Tow Itch wrote: Another brown 6 not as clean looking. Has an underfloor heater but a non genuine awning.

Looks like it has potential though
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 26 Mar 2012, 7:32 am

This [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]looks like the interior has been been painted and no cooker
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 26 Mar 2012, 8:28 am

mike wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote: Another brown 6 not as clean looking. Has an underfloor heater but a non genuine awning.

It also looks to be insulated from the colour of the white bat wing walls.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:56 am

Helen wrote:
    mike wrote:

I'm afraid I never got further than the marked photo or the ginourmous mark on the roof.

On the subject of winterised interiors. The standard presumption is that winterised interiors are white.

I know or believe this holds true for blue and white Dandys. I've also seen white insulated interiors in brown Dandys.

How about brown interior walls on insulated brown Dandys?

The interior of this looks brown to me.

If Ian says it's insulated I'll go with him unless it's a typo.

It certainly looks brown inside and unfortunately the outside is single colour brown not sandwiched with white or coffee.

Anyone want to check with Ian?
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:01 am

Delta eBay re listed. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Endecay
    Endecay

Post by Endecay Mon 26 Mar 2012, 12:12 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    Helen wrote:
    mike wrote:

I'm afraid I never got further than the marked photo or the ginourmous mark on the roof.

On the subject of winterised interiors. The standard presumption is that winterised interiors are white.

I know or believe this holds true for blue and white Dandys. I've also seen white insulated interiors in brown Dandys.

How about brown interior walls on insulated brown Dandys?

The interior of this looks brown to me.

If Ian says it's insulated I'll go with him unless it's a typo.

It certainly looks brown inside and unfortunately the outside is single colour brown not sandwiched with white or coffee.

Anyone want to check with Ian?

Clearly there are advantages in buying from Riva, not least a 12month guarantee and a service. But 2.5k is steep. What kind of price would be fair for one of these privately and what negotiating tack should one take with Riva?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 26 Mar 2012, 12:54 pm

Clearly there are advantages in buying from Riva, not least a 12month guarantee and a service. But 2.5k is steep. What kind of price would be fair for one of these privately and what negotiating tack should one take with Riva?

Depends a brown 6 would have thought up to £13-1400 top price,a pale blue and white £15-1800 depending obviously on condition ect but these are top prices and the price i would go up to for the right one on a private sale,i wouldn't want to go that high but location, not getting involved with ebay chance to give it a good check ect may tempt me,to justify further i would want a brown one to be fully insulated, unmarked, heater,and awning,there was an insulated cream one like mine last year fetched £1350 it was one owner with awning.
    Taking it down a notch an average brown one top price could go anywhere between £750-£1000,you see i have a slightly different way of looking at things i dont want to chase all over the country looking at potential rubbish and then find a good one and loose it on ebay for a couple of hundred pounds but i am on my second one so i know that dandys are for me so if i overpaid i would get it back in use over time.
    The riva prices are dealer prices most car buyers pay more from a dealer than they would privately for several reasons credit facility's,dealer back up,ease of purchase,not suggesting you would but any one can walk into riva and buy one on there credit card thats the ease of purchase ian also has overheads.

Would have thought discount would depend on how much he is earning and how much his bank balance needs topping up at that time but would go for £500 on those but expect to get only £200
    mike
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 26 Mar 2012, 1:15 pm

Come on kevin you know riva lol! if he had too much brown pvc he may have used it but i think the general rule of thumb stands that white interior batwings are a sign of insulation unless like Jayne you have a white dandy,i would have thought most owners would take the choice of making the interior lighter with white but if one wanted brown they would have got it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 7:09 am