Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+34
Rose red
vnuala
tartanterror
emski74
sherman68
skids
MrsG
bgarston
Ben_Rach01
fenhel1
LancashireLass
leggy
fifiskis
ShaunJUK
Phoenix
jamiepsion
The Admiral
vessey44
Ali
slipstream
Kimmie
Endecay
Caz1960
Nick
naedoot
vickoir
Cazz
jase
Krist0n
Helen
Esermalda
Keith
Tow Itch
mike
38 posters

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 4 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by Tow Itch Thu 02 Feb 2012, 1:26 am

New Sales

4 possibly 41/2 Sheffield Winterised Heater Awning £950 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Orange 4? awning Oldham £400 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 4 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by mike Thu 02 Feb 2012, 4:59 am

Tow Itch wrote: New Sales

4 possibly 41/2 Sheffield Winterised Heater Awning £950 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Orange 4? awning Oldham £400 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The first one looks insulated
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 03 Feb 2012, 9:03 am

Doesn't say if it has an awning or not but it is winterised with underfloor heater and gas struts fitted

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 03 Feb 2012, 11:32 am

Helen wrote:Doesn't say if it has an awning or not but it is winterised with underfloor heater and gas struts fitted

It's been around for a while I think we established last year it was sans awning.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 06 Feb 2012, 8:56 am

With Extreme Caution

I replied to this ad (or one very similar) on Craigslist last year.
    You may find it interesting to be advertising on London Craigslist if you were to live on one of the Scottish isles.
    You might also be amazed that they can transport this Dandy down to where you live for a fraction of what it would cost you to drive up and back.
    I'd suggest you find some friends who live a few miles away who have agreed to look for you and then see what the response or lack of is then.

Might have posted on this last year but realise there are a lot of new buyers looking this year.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:03 pm

Someone made enquires about this and was lucky enough to have a friend in that area no trace could be found of the person selling at that time, the pictures and add have been floating around for over two years now,who knows may be genuine but as Kevin says extreme caution would be needed.
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Mon 06 Feb 2012, 8:42 pm

together, with the one Tow Itch mentioned, is a 1993 discovery, lives in Lerwick, shetland will send photos also.
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:46 pm

Tow Itch wrote:With Extreme Caution

I replied to this ad (or one very similar) on Craigslist last year.
    You may find it interesting to be advertising on London Craigslist if you were to live on one of the Scottish isles.
    You might also be amazed that they can transport this Dandy down to where you live for a fraction of what it would cost you to drive up and back.
    I'd suggest you find some friends who live a few miles away who have agreed to look for you and then see what the response or lack of is then.

Might have posted on this last year but realise there are a lot of new buyers looking this year.

yes i contacted someone selling a Designer for a bargain price on craiglist,the seller said they lived in the shetland islands yet their postcode on craiglist was in london.I queried this with them but they didn't reply.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 12 Feb 2012, 7:21 am

Give this one a bump maybe a bit of negotiation on price needed but not a bad starter unit

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 12 Feb 2012, 7:24 am

It's a nice looking Dandy and fully insulated with heater and awning too New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 4 184121345
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 13 Feb 2012, 6:46 am

Dandy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] looks nice but a lack of details and perhaps an offer on the asking price Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 13 Feb 2012, 9:56 am

mike wrote:Dandy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] looks nice but a lack of details and perhaps an offer on the asking price Very Happy

Well found. Pity it's a buy it now. If it was an auction I would expect it to go nowhere as it doesn't show up in a Dandy Camper or Dandy Tent search. I can't even find it in a Folding Camper or "Trailer Tent" search. How did you find it? Do you do searches under all model types as well?
    For anyone interested it depends how well you can hold your nerve? If the right time of year I could see an auction going to £2,200 but £2,500 as an initial bid?
    Cheaper WILL appear.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:42 pm

Kevin when i was looking at dandy trailer tents one of the option across the page came up as dandy i clicked it expecting to get a million comics but got that,i would agree with your observations on price that's why i said an offer on the asking price Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:49 pm

Dandy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 18 Feb 2012, 6:41 am

That didn't take long its gone
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 18 Feb 2012, 6:15 pm

Dandy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]looks a bit narrow ? maybe because it has external wheels
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 18 Feb 2012, 6:26 pm

mike wrote:Dandy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]looks a bit narrow ? maybe because it has external wheels

The inserts either side of the kitchen look to make about 4' 10 to me but then again I could just be bulling that and going off the 4 photographs I can see saying Delta on the side?

One or too Deltas seen with internal wheels (Does that make them look wider?) but as per Darts normally external wheels.

There seem to have been quite a few recent eBay ads giving a buy it now price or make an offer. Any one any thoughts?
    This though is up for 7 days and starts off at £1,650 for an initial bid? Winterised but no heater and no mention of an awning.
    Am I missing something, have Dandys got this popular, or are we expecting a re listing in a few weeks?

Sorry about the first post Mike I posted when I meant to preview, I had more to say. That's so surprising for me isn't it?

Last edited by Tow Itch on Sat 18 Feb 2012, 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 18 Feb 2012, 6:34 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    mike wrote:Dandy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]looks a bit narrow ? maybe because it has external wheels

The inserts either side of the kitchen look to make about 4' 10 to me but then again I could just be bulling that and going off the 4 photographs I can see saying Delta on the side?

It may just be the external wheels mine had internal
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 19 Feb 2012, 6:15 am

Just a bit lacking in detail Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 19 Feb 2012, 6:33 am

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:48 am

Looks Like Dandy Season has started at last cheers sunny sunny sunny
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:28 pm

mike wrote:Just a bit lacking in detail Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As it's round the corner I phoned up for details. It's gone.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:30 pm

mike wrote:Dandy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have we checked to see if it's in the Shetlands? With delivery for £15.00.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 4 Empty It's Not Just Dandys

Post by Tow Itch Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:06 pm

Having a stroll through eBay the other day and saw [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Looked up the postcode on Google Earth and there was a waypoint in the name of Caravan Bob, that appears to have disappeared now.
    Dont know good Google earth is for street names but there was no match. You might try if you have a good satnav.
    I know despite the add Royal Mail's 2nd class service won't be delivering it.
    Anyone ever asked eBay to check out an add?
    Can't see the housing estate on the Google satellite either.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:26 pm

Well go on then I'll list this then.

If for some reason you haven't read Mr Vesseys musings on the 5

My musings on it being for sale previously.

Mr 44

Curiosity got the better of me as I knew I'd seen this before

Which Reads

DANDY 5 BERTH TRAILER TENT

We are sad to be selling our Dandy Trailer Tent. It is 5 Berth and as with all Dandy's is constructed of PVC rather then Canvas. This means it does not go mouldy when packed away wet!
    It has had a new set of Tyres, a new Jockey Wheel, Brake Away cable, Bed Boards and new water pump for the new tap on the sink unit, all within the last few months.
    It has a complete awning which we have used.
    We have used it a few times this year already but have recently upraded to a caravan (much to my partners disappointment!) I now need the valuable space that this is taking up. I can send photo's on request although I will need your email address.

List of items that are being sold with Trailer:
    Waste water container
    Clean water container
    Leisure Battery
    Electric Hook up
    Porta Loo
    2x Gas bottles (both part used)
    Heavy Duty Hitch Lock
    Wheel Clamp (Brand new only used recently)

I seem to remember the Dandy up for sale elsewhere and the reason for sale was marginally different.

The Good News At least £240 better off than if you'd bid last August.

Always a good idea if your actively looking to trawl the old ads, Gumtree and Preloved don't file as long as eBay but always check to see.

Mr 44

Check both itineraries see if you can get as much kit as possible

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 9:08 am