Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+5
fearful wizard
Tow Itch
Helen
stephanie
Nick
9 posters

Outdoor Revolution Movelite sq awning

Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Outdoor Revolution Movelite sq awning Empty Outdoor Revolution Movelite sq awning

Post by Nick Thu 16 Jun 2011, 4:37 pm

we had a Movelite awning with our dandy and it was a pretty good fit certainly as good as other Movelite's i have seen attached to caravans or motorhomes.The Awning has a link type canopy that connect to the Dandy our was attached using an awning rail that was fixed to the top edge of the wall,this worked well as the rail was tucked under the dandy roof,so making a weather check detail.The awning is lightweight but i found the poles a pain to thread through but i guess most people don't as its a popular awning.The awning retails new for about £225 but can be bought used on ebay for under £100.I felt the awning had as much space as the original dandy awning.If i was buying an awning i would now go for a Kyham quick erect awning its so simple 10mins to put up,but not cheap new.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    stephanie

Outdoor Revolution Movelite sq awning Empty movelite awning

Post by stephanie Sat 23 Jul 2011, 8:17 am

Hi still on the track of an awning, and looking at the traveller and movelite - depending what I can get for a good price. Sorry to keep asking you all. Did the movelite take much alterning as I am not much good at d.i.y. Want to get out a bit more with the Dandy and to be comfortable really need an awning. Its a shame not to use dandy. Trying to persuade teenagers that it is cool really! sunny steph
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Outdoor Revolution Movelite sq awning Empty Re: Outdoor Revolution Movelite sq awning

Post by Helen Sat 23 Jul 2011, 8:20 am

No alterations required for this one Steph and you can hang a bedroom inside it too Very Happy You would however need to fit an awning rail, takes a few minutes and is easy to do.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Outdoor Revolution Movelite sq awning Empty Re: Outdoor Revolution Movelite sq awning

Post by Tow Itch Sat 23 Jul 2011, 8:34 am

Steph

Trying to persuade them it's cool.....

I'd go for the other option.

Remind them that it's but a small step from cool and sophisticated to cold and suffocated.

It often concentrates the mind.

Kevin.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:10 am

stephanie wrote:Hi still on the track of an awning, and looking at the traveller and movelite - depending what I can get for a good price. Sorry to keep asking you all. Did the movelite take much alterning as I am not much good at d.i.y. Want to get out a bit more with the Dandy and to be comfortable really need an awning. Its a shame not to use dandy. Trying to persuade teenagers that it is cool really! sunny steph

Hmmnnn teenagers that awkward age where no one understand's them or just how important it is to be cool and to be seen to be cool and the whole world is against them as hormones run rife Laughing

Better idea try to convince them that Dandying really isn't cool and let them stay with a relative for a few day's lol!
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Sun 25 Mar 2012, 5:36 pm

I have done it, i have boughta movelight midi awning.
    Need to fit awning rail now. Pete Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 25 Mar 2012, 5:52 pm

Well done a nice little technical article in the making
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Sun 25 Mar 2012, 7:19 pm

Yes mike,
    Going to make some awning brackets the same as Rivas and fit them to a strip of wood,(awning rail on the othe side)and make the wood fold in the middle and the brackets swivel horizontally when not in use to save space.
    Thats the idea. Pete.
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Mon 26 Mar 2012, 7:47 pm

Put the movelite up in the garden today and it took ages, mainly threading the poles through.
    I thought about using silicone spray, but i am worried about destoying the water proofing.
    Has anyone used silcone spray?, it would make it a lot easier. Pete Wink
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Mon 26 Mar 2012, 7:50 pm

fearful wizard wrote:Put the movelite up in the garden today and it took ages, mainly threading the poles through.
    I thought about using silicone spray, but i am worried about destoying the water proofing.

we didn't and we found the same thing getting the poles in a pain but got better after a few goes at it
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Mon 26 Mar 2012, 7:53 pm

that's why i sold our movelite it was a nightmare threading poles through and found it quicker and easier to put up the dandy awning,the 1st time we erected the movelite it was easy there after it was awkward.Once up i did like the movelite its a great little awning.
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Mon 26 Mar 2012, 8:23 pm

Thanks for the quick replies, if it doesn't get any better after a couple of goes will rub poles with silicone.
    Its always awkward when you get something new.
    Putting up the dandy is still a pain but its getting better the more i do it. Pete

Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:05 pm

Why would the silicone spray ruin the waterproofing? I thought, if anything, it would help it?
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Tue 27 Mar 2012, 5:12 pm

i cannot see silicone spray causing any problems with the existing waterproofing.I never thought of that when i had a movelite i just sold it as poles drove me mad and it was also a spare awning that we didn't need.
    I did like how small the Movelite was once all packed away it could probably be used as a tent on its own.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:26 pm

Very Happy on the Dandy instructions it says to wipe down the Dandy with silicone based polish Ie Pledge before packing away for the winter so don't think it would damage but better waterproofing as its water repellent Very Happy
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:38 pm

i never knew Pledge was silicone based Smile
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:48 pm

there are more types of pledge one is silicone based so check the label , its brilliant
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Tue 27 Mar 2012, 11:00 pm

Caz1960 wrote:there are more types of pledge one is silicone based so check the label , its brilliant

we don't have any pledge but i have just dusted off the can of Mr Sheen under the sink and read that it also contains silicones:D

Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 27 Mar 2012, 11:05 pm

see amazing what you find when you check the lables affraid Outdoor Revolution Movelite sq awning 3462454224 Outdoor Revolution Movelite sq awning 3462454224 Outdoor Revolution Movelite sq awning 3462454224
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Tue 27 Mar 2012, 11:14 pm

Caz1960 wrote:see amazing what you find when you check the lables affraid Outdoor Revolution Movelite sq awning 3462454224 Outdoor Revolution Movelite sq awning 3462454224 Outdoor Revolution Movelite sq awning 3462454224
    i am a man i never read labels or instructions until its gone wrong lol!
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Wed 28 Mar 2012, 4:51 pm

NickB wrote:
    Caz1960 wrote:see amazing what you find when you check the lables affraid Outdoor Revolution Movelite sq awning 3462454224 Outdoor Revolution Movelite sq awning 3462454224 Outdoor Revolution Movelite sq awning 3462454224
    i am a man i never read labels or instructions until its gone wrong lol!

that is so true and when i say have you read the instructions or have you read the label he just growls at me i am a man!!!!!
    Outdoor Revolution Movelite sq awning 3462454224 Outdoor Revolution Movelite sq awning 3462454224
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Sat 09 Jun 2012, 7:23 am

fearful wizard wrote:Put the movelite up in the garden today and it took ages, mainly threading the poles through.

Well used the movelite for the first time jubilee weekend and put some silicone spray on the end of the poles.
    What a difference, slid through easily, my mate came with me for the first outing.
    The challenge will be putting it up on my own.
    Havent yet figured out the neatest way to attach to the dandy yet, so used the storm straps thrown over the roof and pegged down.#
    Will post pictures soon. Pete. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 10:27 pm