Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
Owd Lad
Eilis
Helen
7 posters

Porta - Loo

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Porta - Loo Empty Porta - Loo

Post by Helen Sat 18 Jun 2011, 11:08 am

After John accidentaly dropped the seal of our old porta-loo down the elson disposal I ended up having to borrow my daughters Thetford one, I discovered something magical .............. It was a lot higher and that meant that I didnt get halfway down and fall the rest Laughing I also found the flush was a lot better as ours was one that you had to pull up and down to pump but hers you just pushed and it came back up on its own. bounce

I am going to look at some over the weekend and will probably get some strange looks when I sit on them all to try out the height lol!
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Porta - Loo Empty Re: Porta - Loo

Post by Eilis Sat 18 Jun 2011, 11:51 am

remember to loudly ask where the toilet paper is when you're trying them out lol wish i could be there to film it - £250 would come in very handy pirat tongue
    Owd Lad
    Owd Lad

Porta - Loo Empty Portable Loo

Post by Owd Lad Sat 18 Jun 2011, 2:20 pm

This smacks of 'going upmarket'! Do they make them yet with electric flush and ancilliary warm air blowers? I do know what you mean, however, as She Who Must Be Obeyed has commented that ours is a tad on the low side. Unfortunately it has to share its time between the Designer and the motor home and 'Compact' is all that will fit. Alternatives could be carrying a piece of railway sleeper around to give the loo extra height (so green and lighter than concrete blocks), or if you want to feel as if your 'communing with nature' try googling 'Bog in a Bag'. I can imagine you taking a walk in the early morning with one of these useful little stools over one shoulder and binoculars over the other, taking up station in the corner of some far flung field and allowing the wonder of nature to hold you in its grip for a while.
    Remember that for men there is always a spade but for women there's 'Bog in a Bag' - because you're worth it.
    Steve
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sat 18 Jun 2011, 2:27 pm

We use the Pett toilet system & WAG bags they are brilliant and the toilet base itself us more or less the same height as a normal loo.
    Owd Lad
    Owd Lad

Porta - Loo Empty Bog in a Bag

Post by Owd Lad Sat 18 Jun 2011, 2:43 pm

I'd hate for anyone to think that I'm slating this product, just poking fun. We own one and we also carry a couple of 'portable urinals' (red plastic bed bottles with a screw cap and a suitably shaped adaptor for use by the ladies. These items are emminently practical (especially at night), sanitary, light weight and take up almost no space. Convention has put us in the mind set that there are certain prerequisites for doing certain things. Items such as these take a different slant, so, I urge you to embrace the different, it's not too hard. After all you must remember that we are the ones who enjoy spending time in pvc tents. If that's not different then I don't know what is!
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sat 18 Jun 2011, 3:36 pm

Owd Lad wrote:This smacks of 'going upmarket'! Do they make them yet with electric flush and ancilliary warm air blowers? I do know what you mean, however, as She Who Must Be Obeyed has commented that ours is a tad on the low side. Unfortunately it has to share its time between the Designer and the motor home and 'Compact' is all that will fit. Alternatives could be carrying a piece of railway sleeper around to give the loo extra height (so green and lighter than concrete blocks), or if you want to feel as if your 'communing with nature' try googling 'Bog in a Bag'. I can imagine you taking a walk in the early morning with one of these useful little stools over one shoulder and binoculars over the other, taking up station in the corner of some far flung field and allowing the wonder of nature to hold you in its grip for a while.
    Remember that for men there is always a spade but for women there's 'Bog in a Bag' - because you're worth it.
    Steve

our friend has one with an electric flush Rolling Eyes
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Sat 18 Jun 2011, 4:04 pm

our 1st toilet was a Kampa flush 20 porta loo and it was fine well except for the leaking seal on the waste tank.Luckily we discovered this on our 1st trip before anything nasty leaked out.I tried several times to screw cap on yet it just leaked not sure if it was poor moulding or cap although regardless how tight cap was on it still had side to side play in it.We now have a Dometic porta loo,the loo moulding and size is identical to the Kampa one so its probably just sold under loads of different brands.The cap though is different and as such this toilet doesn't leak.The loo seat is similar height to regular ceramic loo so feels natural,although our is for late night pee's only,i think we paid £45 for it.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 22 Jun 2011, 3:11 pm

Dear All

Don't know about this year but last years chemical loo from Lidl was a Thetford. Might still be some of this years left don't think they went as quick as the electric coolbox.

Cheap tip for that desire to get up 4am to go to loo.
    Fabric Conditioner. No I'm not going to suggest you use that much that it doesn't smell if you let go where you are.
    Fabric Conditioner Bottles. 2litre capacity. Opening at the neck about 3". If you require more generous proportions than these, then damn you. You deserve to suffer at some point.
    Ladies the above suggestion doesn't sound too female friendly. Alas I can think of no suitable adjustment. But then again I'm useless at female anatomy. (Just ask former wife, girlfriends etc)
    So don't be shy is there an adaptation or a similar but different thing for girls?

Kevin.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 22 Jun 2011, 3:23 pm

I havent found anything more suitable for me than a loo or a quick run around the back of the windbreak in the middle of the night in my youth. Remeber that they do split in two and can be transported like this and put together when you get there. Very Happy The height is important for me as I have a back problem so I do need something with a bit of height about it. Smile
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Wed 22 Jun 2011, 3:23 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    Fabric Conditioner Bottles. 2litre capacity. Opening at the neck about 3". If you require more generous proportions than these, then damn you. You deserve to suffer at some point.
    haha i agree,but you still got to get out of bed to use it to avoid any backward flow and spillage.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 22 Jun 2011, 3:27 pm

You blokes have it so easy Porta - Loo 496639318
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Wed 22 Jun 2011, 3:40 pm

helen wrote:You blokes have it so easy Porta - Loo 496639318
    yes we do Very Happy
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Wed 22 Jun 2011, 4:14 pm

there is a device called a SheWee which is supposed to allow us girls to wee standing up or in the car on a long journey

i personally have never even been remotely tempted to try it out i have to say but you can view it here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Wed 22 Jun 2011, 5:03 pm

NickB wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote:
    haha i agree,but you still got to get out of bed to use it to avoid any backward flow and spillage.

any backflow and spillage from you mister you know where you'll be sleeping!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 6:00 pm