Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Trade Sales and Member Services

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Trade Sales and Member Services  Empty Trade Sales and Member Services

Post by Helen Tue 08 May 2012, 4:10 pm

If you wish to offer a service please send your post to an administrator who will put it in that section on your behalf ........ this is to stop anything unwanted being advertised.
    bgarston
    bgarston

Trade Sales and Member Services  Empty Re: Trade Sales and Member Services

Post by bgarston Tue 08 May 2012, 4:26 pm

This is a great idea Helen. Is ths service free to companies or is there an annual/monthly fee. Also can we as forum members nominate companies and services for this area that may be useful to other forum members?

Cheers Ben

Trade Sales and Member Services  3870488038
    vessey44
    vessey44

Post by vessey44 Tue 08 May 2012, 4:32 pm

bgarston wrote:This is a great idea Helen. Is ths service free to companies or is there an annual/monthly fee. Also can we as forum members nominate companies and services for this area that may be useful to other forum members?

Cheers Ben

Thats a good idea to nominate a company you deal with who could offer services for Dandy owners such as servicing & repairs

Ideal if you need technical help with your Propex while camping in winter Rolling Eyes
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 08 May 2012, 5:06 pm

bgarston wrote:This is a great idea Helen. Is ths service free to companies or is there an annual/monthly fee. Also can we as forum members nominate companies and services for this area that may be useful to other forum members?

Cheers Ben

We don't charge for anything Ben,its uncharted territory for us so ideas like yours are welcome
    bgarston
    bgarston

Post by bgarston Tue 08 May 2012, 5:58 pm

For starters Lucie and I are looking in to having extra zips put in to our awning so we can have the option of zipping out the sides to turn it in to a sun canopy and to make putting it up easier (Lucie says I grow horns!). To this end it would be good to know of companies that would be able carry out this service. I know we can take it to Ian at Riva and Undercover CI can do the work too but it wold be good to hear about any one else......if I can play one quote off against another and I can get the cost of the work down all the better.

Cheers

Ben

Trade Sales and Member Services  2170595768
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 08 May 2012, 6:28 pm

It was Nicks idea and there is no charge ...... we will only have anything that our members will find useful so it's not open to abuse, nominating companies is a great idea Ben.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 08 May 2012, 6:38 pm

bgarston wrote:For starters Lucie and I are looking in to having extra zips put in to our awning so we can have the option of zipping out the sides to turn it in to a sun canopy and to make putting it up easier (Lucie says I grow horns!). To this end it would be good to know of companies that would be able carry out this service. I know we can take it to Ian at Riva and Undercover CI can do the work too but it wold be good to hear about any one else......if I can play one quote off against another and I can get the cost of the work down all the better.

Cheers

Ben

I think quality will have a bearing on that. I'm not sure price would be my only constraint.
    I had this done to my Designer in February but not been out in it yet.
    Including having clip off storm straps sewn into the roof as well (Howstean George in January realy sold storm straps to me) it cost 150 from TVS. I've not evaluated it yet. I think a few people have had similar done and have not been over impressed. If the difference between happy and not came down to £20 or £30 would it be worth it?

I did start an "Other Links" thread but it was only me who bothered posting with: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 08 May 2012, 6:46 pm

Tow Itch wrote:

I did start an "Other Links" thread but it was only me who bothered posting with: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

so it's probably a very good idea to have things like this in one place Trade Sales and Member Services  3498837457

I'll find time to go through and see if anyone has posted any links of interest and put them on.
    bgarston
    bgarston

Post by bgarston Tue 08 May 2012, 6:52 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    bgarston wrote:For starters Lucie and I are looking in to having extra zips put in to our awning so we can have the option of zipping out the sides to turn it in to a sun canopy and to make putting it up easier (Lucie says I grow horns!). To this end it would be good to know of companies that would be able carry out this service. I know we can take it to Ian at Riva and Undercover CI can do the work too but it wold be good to hear about any one else......if I can play one quote off against another and I can get the cost of the work down all the better.

Cheers

Ben

I think quality will have a bearing on that. I'm not sure price would be my only constraint.
    I had this done to my Designer in February but not been out in it yet.
    Including having clip off storm straps sewn into the roof as well (Howstean George in January realy sold storm straps to me) it cost 150 from TVS. I've not evaluated it yet. I think a few people have had similar done and have not been over impressed. If the difference between happy and not came down to £20 or £30 would it be worth it?

Fair comment, quality is a massive consideration hence I appreciate recommendations such as yours. Hmmm hadn't thought about getting storm straps sewn in, sounds like a good idea......

Cheers Ben
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 08 May 2012, 11:21 pm

Forgot to say that if any individual wants to offer services to members, feel free to contact an admin member ...... we're not all handy when it comes to repairs, upgrades or maintenance.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 09 May 2012, 8:27 am

The storm straps have two functions:

1) As storm straps for the awning.
    2) If using as a sun canopy you want something more substantial and visible than guy lines holding the front down.
    bgarston
    bgarston

Post by bgarston Wed 09 May 2012, 4:43 pm

Tow Itch wrote:

Who are TVS that Tow Itch speaks of. Does anyone have any contact details, website, etc, etc?

Cheers Ben
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 09 May 2012, 4:47 pm

Here we are Ben [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    bgarston
    bgarston

Post by bgarston Wed 09 May 2012, 4:49 pm

mike wrote:Here we are Ben [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Thanks Mike. :-)
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 09 May 2012, 11:21 pm

bgarston wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote:

Who are TVS that Tow Itch speaks of. Does anyone have any contact details, website, etc, etc?

Cheers Ben

Sorry I assume people are like me and read back catalogue on stuff.
    Mikes given you the contact details. here is a back post showing what they can do. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They are not cheap, well apart from ex Conway spares we can use (I bought a 4 way gas tap for £5.00. they bought a shedload {warehouse} full of the bankrupt Conway stock) but I don't think anyone has ever criticised their work. I think the zips on an awning are very much a feature of how the design of the fitment works. Not necessarily the quality of the zips or workmanship. A poor zip can handicap a good design or way of fitting. Good zips can't improve a poor method of fitment.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 10 May 2012, 3:22 pm

The thing is with this section is it was started because one member wanted to advertise the fact he would do work for members,the idea was such a good one that we have decided to take it one step further and allow others to advertise,its all still in the planning stage but the admin team feel rather than charge any one for an entry in this section a discount for members would be a better way to go.
    Any thing related to dandy's tow cars and campsites would be eligible so if you know of any one in your area that could offer a good service with a discount for forum members let us know.

mike
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 16 Jul 2012, 2:56 am

Tow Itch wrote:
    bgarston wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote:

Cheers Ben

Sorry I assume people are like me and read back catalogue on stuff.
    Mikes given you the contact details. here is a back post showing what they can do. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They are not cheap, well apart from ex Conway spares we can use (I bought a 4 way gas tap for £5.00. they bought a shedload {warehouse} full of the bankrupt Conway stock) but I don't think anyone has ever criticised their work. I think the zips on an awning are very much a feature of how the design of the fitment works. Not necessarily the quality of the zips or workmanship. A poor zip can handicap a good design or way of fitting. Good zips can't improve a poor method of fitment.

Linking this to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 7:05 pm