Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Dandy Dash / Question For Late Model Owners

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Dandy Dash / Question For Late Model Owners  Empty Dandy Dash / Question For Late Model Owners

Post by Tow Itch Thu 02 Aug 2012, 10:33 am

Dear all

An ad for a Dandy Dash [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No real comment on the Dash it's either your thing or not.

It's just the last photo, the one of a plate?
    Any late model Dandy owners have plates on them ? Are they like this to be honest it just looks like the sort of scabby rubbish that gets affixed to cover the real details.
    That was "It Looks like" I'm not claiming nor even suggesting it is just it looks like.

If the later ones have plates any chance of a photo? Possibly with any important details obliterated.
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Dandy Dash / Question For Late Model Owners  Empty Re: Dandy Dash / Question For Late Model Owners

Post by ShaunJUK Fri 03 Aug 2012, 8:30 am

Tow Itch wrote: Dear all

An ad for a Dandy Dash [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No real comment on the Dash it's either your thing or not.

It's just the last photo, the one of a plate?
    Any late model Dandy owners have plates on them ? Are they like this to be honest it just looks like the sort of scabby rubbish that gets affixed to cover the real details.
    That was "It Looks like" I'm not claiming nor even suggesting it is just it looks like.

If the later ones have plates any chance of a photo? Possibly with any important details obliterated.

Mine has markings likes this however not sure what I m looking at so wouldn't identify any differences.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Dandy Dash / Question For Late Model Owners  Empty Re: Dandy Dash / Question For Late Model Owners

Post by Helen Fri 03 Aug 2012, 8:36 am

Mine also has similar marks .... I did notice on a 2004 Destiny that there was a plate attached with the information on rather than stamped into the frame ...... looked like it could easily be removed. Shocked
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Fri 03 Aug 2012, 11:23 am

would the chap at Riva be able to say when, and if, they changed to rivetted plates as opposed to stamping/etching into the frame?
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 03 Aug 2012, 11:52 am

Essie I'm sure Ian would be able to. I was just ruminating on here though as I'd end if phoning Ian every week if I asked about all the idiot things I've considered.

Helen, so this plate you saw was similar to the odd bit of metal rivied on above it wasn't similar to the vin plate that was being used on caravans.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 4:53 pm