Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+4
Tow Itch
Helen
mike
sheilakerbel@yahoo.co.uk
8 posters

Dandy Discovery and awning 1996 model for sale

sheilakerbel@yahoo.co.uk

Dandy Discovery and awning 1996 model for sale Empty Dandy Discovery and awning 1996 model for sale

Post by sheilakerbel@yahoo.co.uk Thu 04 Apr 2013, 6:39 pm

This dandy has been kept unused in my mother's garage for a number of years. Her house is being sold and I therefore need to sell it. It is currently garaged in Epsom Surrey and as I no longer have a tow bar on my current car it would need to be collected.I have set it up recently and it is in good condition, still packed up ready to go with a number of extras. Any offers?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Dandy Discovery and awning 1996 model for sale Empty Re: Dandy Discovery and awning 1996 model for sale

Post by mike Fri 05 Apr 2013, 5:09 am

Sounds like a sad sale sorry if it is,have you any pictures and what price do you have in mind.

mike
    sheilakerbel@yahoo.co.uk

Dandy Discovery and awning 1996 model for sale Empty discovery and awning 1996 for sale

Post by sheilakerbel@yahoo.co.uk Sun 07 Apr 2013, 10:08 am

mike wrote:Sounds like a sad sale sorry if it is,have you any pictures and what price do you have in mind.

mike
    As I need to sell it quickly I thought £800 was a reasonable price
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Dandy Discovery and awning 1996 model for sale Empty Re: Dandy Discovery and awning 1996 model for sale

Post by mike Sun 07 Apr 2013, 10:21 am

Sounds like a good price,come on some one give it a look
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 07 Apr 2013, 10:41 am

At £800 this Dandy won't hang around long I've seen them 10 years older go for similar, sorry to hear you have to sell.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 07 Apr 2013, 4:16 pm

At £800.00 I reckon several of you have emailed already.
    I'm sure it's all wonderful but a note of caution all you have at this point is an email address. No deal is worth not doing cash on collection.

No inference on the seller intended, just a reality check.
    sheilakerbel@yahoo.co.uk

Dandy Discovery and awning 1996 model for sale Empty discovery and awning 1996 for sale

Post by sheilakerbel@yahoo.co.uk Sun 07 Apr 2013, 5:54 pm

Tow Itch wrote: At £800.00 I reckon several of you have emailed already.
    I'm sure it's all wonderful but a note of caution all you have at this point is an email address. No deal is worth not doing cash on collection.

No inference on the seller intended, just a reality check.
    Nobody has emailed yet. Perhaps because it does seem such a good deal. But as you caution that more information could be required here it is. This dandy was bought from new in 1996 and was used for a few trips abroad and family holidays. It was kept in a garage in a small block [my mother's]. It has not been used since 2003. In 2005 my husband left me taking the car with the tow bar but left the trailer. I wondered whether my children might want to use it when they got older and so in the garage it stayed. My mother has subsequently died and as executor I am trying to sell her house. Obviously I need to empty the garage. I like anyone who has owned a dandy have great affection for the product, I had previously owned an elderly brown and orange 4 berth bought in the early 90's for £500,loved it and was thrilled to trade it in to purchase one from new. However when new a dandy it is a considerable outlay, and all I intended was to offer someone a similar opportunity to start out with second hand. I have already contacted Dandy/Riva who would be prepared to drive down to Surrey buy it and collect it but they cannot give me a date because they haven't much space. Hence I contacted your site. Why did I choose you and not ebay or similar? Precisely because I wanted only to deal with someone who had some understanding of folding campers. All I have been able to do is pull the dandy clear of the garage open it up and inspect it. The tyres are inflated have plenty of tread but obviously have not been on the road for some 10 years. I can only offer the dandy for collection as I have no way of towing it I felt if I offered it at a good price for a quick sale an enthusiast with some knowledge and experience and a tow bar might well be interested. It is as simple as that.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 07 Apr 2013, 6:04 pm

If I had room for another I snap it up now, if I were to buy it I'd just be buying it to sell on and I think it would be nice for someone who wants a Dandy to get pleasure out of it instead Smile I certainly wouldn't take a penny less though Shocked
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 07 Apr 2013, 6:07 pm

If this Dandy was advertised on fleabay you'd get a fairly fast sale and most likely a fair bit more for it Twisted Evil

I'd give it a few days then get it advertised on flea bay in time for May Day when lots will want to be out in Dandy's for then.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 07 Apr 2013, 6:20 pm

Right so if this is cash on collection and you can look at it get this woman emailed. At this point we don't know if insulated or if it has a heater but anything you get beyond a base Discovery is a bonus. At £800 you would get your money back all day long and more so. If your looking this sounds like a prize.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 08 Apr 2013, 5:29 am

Ime not even asking Nancy i know what she will say affraid but it does sound good
    Catriona

Dandy Discovery and awning 1996 model for sale Empty Photos?

Post by Catriona Mon 08 Apr 2013, 9:09 pm

Hi, I have just joined this site / forum and seen your advert selling your Dandy. Do you have any recent photos please?
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 08 Apr 2013, 9:17 pm

Catriona wrote:Hi, I have just joined this site / forum and seen your advert selling your Dandy. Do you have any recent photos please?

Sorry if you have already done so, but as the vendor is not online why not use the email address that they have used as their forum identity to ask. Probably a far quicker answer.

Oh hello Catrionia.
    sheilakerbel@yahoo.co.uk

Dandy Discovery and awning 1996 model for sale Empty Dandy Discovery and awning 1996 model for sale

Post by sheilakerbel@yahoo.co.uk Tue 09 Apr 2013, 12:23 pm

to catriona yes I only joined a couple of days ago as well. I had not taken any photos only because I don't have the first idea as to how to put them on the computer. I don't really understand the process which I why I only have put my email and I don't have a name showing. My model is very similar to the designer model and I have checked that there is one of those on ebay near to Norwich that you could look at. The major difference is that the designer is 4 berth and the discovery is 5 berth. this is achieved by the inbuilt table and seating being replaced by inbuilt seating. This means that the storage area below the seat is greater as it runs right across and you were provided with a larger free standing table by Dandy. In comparision to the Norwich dandy I have the all year round insulation but not the underfloor heater. I used a fan heater with an electric pick up. I also have the original pvc awning. I would say the condition of the dandy is good. The cover is a bit marked and dirty as it has stood undisturbed for 10 years in a garage but the actual camper is clean. As I have previously stated the only area I have reservations about is aged tyres that have not been used. No doubt there will be someone in this forum with some further observations on this.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 09 Apr 2013, 1:06 pm

If you have photos you would like on here I'll PM you my phone no. I normally PM my email address as there is a time restriction before you can post photos.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 09 Apr 2013, 1:52 pm

A designer is the same berth as the Discovery Very Happy table folds down to make the bed up where the Discovery has the bench. They are exactly the same size

Tyres should be changed especially as they were put on over 10 years ago regardless of the tread left on them, but the cost isn't that great when you consider the price of this Discovery with full awning and as it turns out full insulation you really can't grumble about replacing tyres.

I know you how you feel about putting pics onto your computer it took me ages when I first started using a computer to figure that I wouldn't damage it beyond repair by pressing the wrong button affraid we can't help host photo's if you haven't got them to email, is there anyway someone could help you out and get them on your computer so you can send them ?

I think the idea though is that people want to see pictures of your Dandy before travelling any distance to view, we can let people know what a discovery looks like for you.

This is a Discovery - pictures to illustrate the layout inside only and is not the one advertised for sale may have different seat covers on this one though

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    sheilakerbel@yahoo.co.uk

Post by sheilakerbel@yahoo.co.uk Fri 12 Apr 2013, 6:41 pm

Helen wrote:A designer is the same berth as the Discovery Very Happy table folds down to make the bed up where the Discovery has the bench. They are exactly the same size

Tyres should be changed especially as they were put on over 10 years ago regardless of the tread left on them, but the cost isn't that great when you consider the price of this Discovery with full awning and as it turns out full insulation you really can't grumble about replacing tyres.

I know you how you feel about putting pics onto your computer it took me ages when I first started using a computer to figure that I wouldn't damage it beyond repair by pressing the wrong button affraid we can't help host photo's if you haven't got them to email, is there anyway someone could help you out and get them on your computer so you can send them ?

I think the idea though is that people want to see pictures of your Dandy before travelling any distance to view, we can let people know what a discovery looks like for you.

This is a Discovery - pictures to illustrate the layout inside only and is not the one advertised for sale may have different seat covers on this one though

Thanks for suggestions will get the camera out this weekend
    sheilakerbel@yahoo.co.uk

Post by sheilakerbel@yahoo.co.uk Tue 16 Apr 2013, 11:24 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
    Helen wrote:A designer is the same berth as the Discovery Very Happy table folds down to make the bed up where the Discovery has the bench. They are exactly the same size

Thanks for suggestions will get the camera out this weekend

I have now taken some photos of both the inside and outside of my Dandy. I have downloaded these from the camera into my computer. This is the extent of my skills but I might be able to send as an attachment to an email if required. I am also going to ask someone to help me put an entry onto ebay. Thanks Sheila
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 17 Apr 2013, 4:47 pm

Pictures of actual dandy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 17 Apr 2013, 5:26 pm

Wit woo it's lovely ...... I wish someone would snap it up quick before one of us is tempted to another extra Dandy Twisted Evil
    minidaz

Post by minidaz Wed 17 Apr 2013, 7:12 pm

I've enquired, and had a reply from the seller. Nothing definete yet, but will see what happens.

The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Wed 17 Apr 2013, 7:34 pm

That is real beauty, whoever gets it is going to get a real bargain at £800.
    sheilakerbel@yahoo.co.uk

Post by sheilakerbel@yahoo.co.uk Fri 19 Apr 2013, 4:10 pm

This dandy has now been sold. A great result! Thanks for posting the photos for me Mike. By the time I got home on Wednesday evening there was an email waiting and I am glad to say that a family from Manchester travelled all the way to Epsom to get it and were then rushing straight back. Thanks again for help and advice.
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Fri 19 Apr 2013, 4:20 pm

Glad it's a positive result for you. The new owner is very lucky it's a lovely Dandy.

I wonder who's bought it, presume its someone on here?
    sunflowergs

Post by sunflowergs Sat 20 Apr 2013, 12:07 am

I am the lucky so and so! What a result, from being dandyless one day,then the next given the chance to buy a absolute gem of a dandy from a genuinely lovely lady. Many thanks sheila you have made our year, i can guarantee she will be well used and loved and looked after. regards graham.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 12:59 am