Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Brakes set up

gazzer

Brakes set up Empty Brakes set up

Post by gazzer Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:47 am

Hi looking for information on how to set up the brakes/hand brake on my destiny. Are there any tips to follow in order to make sure that both brakes pull on at the same time with equal force many thanks gary randall Laughing
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Brakes set up Empty Re: Brakes set up

Post by mike Sun 09 Sep 2012, 10:58 am

There is some info here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],i have had mine stripped down not a lot to that part even putting back together,i could not get them set up right so i ended up having them done,but if they dont work properly you shouldn't hurt anything having a go.
    If they are like my six its a simple job of adjusting untill it locks the wheel.then backing of slightly more than is needed to let the wheel spin to allow for heating and expansion,then with some one pushing the draw bar in turning the wheels backwards should release the brakes.

It didnt work for me though

mike
    gazzer

Post by gazzer Sun 09 Sep 2012, 12:09 pm

Thanks for info will now have a go at the brakes regards gary randall
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 12:38 pm

I will say got a trailer manual( bible ) from tow itch and its a god send as it not only has very clear pictures that even I can follow Brakes set up 2702329197

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 6:25 am