Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

DANDY DELTA AWNING

DANDY DELTA AWNING  - Page 2 Empty Re: DANDY DELTA AWNING

Post by Guest Mon 05 Nov 2012, 8:34 pm

Well had time to put the awning up even if i have a stinking cold , I have done some measuring there is going to be a problem with the height of the awning to the floor there not going to be any awning left that makes the draft flap than sits on the grass . So the Awning is going to have to be added to on the bottom around 30 cm on the sides the front will be ok as you can drop the poles. I also done some measuring for the wings and all seems fine. Still awaiting PVC samples. T V S got back to me and Riva they could not help but i will stick with the company i have been chatting to as they have been more that helpful. Here is the drawing that i have made up to how things should look when made CLICK ON IMAGE TO MAKE BIGGER
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 06 Nov 2012, 8:24 am

Brilliant drawing Graham DANDY DELTA AWNING  - Page 2 1710857839

I'm a bit surprised about the height issue though .... we've found that ours is can be a little on the short side but only when the ground isn't level and we still have enough left over to tuck under the groundsheet. scratch
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 06 Nov 2012, 1:39 pm

Graham C wrote: Well had time to put the awning up even if i have a stinking cold , I have done some measuring there is going to be a problem with the height of the awning to the floor there not going to be any awning left that makes the draft flap than sits on the grass . So the Awning is going to have to be added to on the bottom around 30 cm on the sides the front will be ok as you can drop the poles. I also done some measuring for the wings and all seems fine. Still awaiting PVC samples. T V S got back to me and Riva they could not help but i will stick with the company i have been chatting to as they have been more that helpful. Here is the drawing that i have made up to how things should look when made CLICK ON IMAGE TO MAKE BIGGER
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now you say it its obvious sorry i never thought originally,the end of the awning is now at a higher point on the roof line DANDY DELTA AWNING  - Page 2 3208163979
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 06 Nov 2012, 2:10 pm

And now I understand why bom

Post by Guest Tue 06 Nov 2012, 6:24 pm

It did take me a while to think if it would a difference then it clicked into place if the side are higher on the front it going to make the sides shorter to reach the floor . It will just touch the floor as is , I will get the company who are making the wings to make me a skirt i can clip onto poppers and may be so Velcro if needed.

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2012, 6:16 pm

Well i have the samples of the PVC today the light blue is not a match for the Dandy light blue so now going to have the wings done in white so they will blend in ,
    I have given the go ahead for the wings to be made , I am awaiting a price on side skirts to be made .
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 12 Nov 2012, 6:28 pm

Getting closer then,the end cost will be interesting,if new ones where available i guess a minimum would be £800 so it going to be a cheaper alternative.

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2012, 6:36 pm

Yes mike as, soon as everything is all sorted and i have the wings and the side skirts and i am happy with the work and that my measurements are Ok will post what its all cost me i have not added it all up yet , affraid

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 3:37 pm

Well have had a price to make two side skirts
    Which are 2m long by 1/2 m wide with poppers
    Fitted to fit onto where the rubbers fit as the
    Inside has female poppers . So it's just a waiting
    Game now till they are made along with the wings
    And posted out to me. Be a few weeks
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Sat 17 Nov 2012, 11:33 am

geek we are all waiting with baited breath and don't forget the photo's how exciting DANDY DELTA AWNING  - Page 2 1710857839

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 7:27 pm

Been in touch with the people who are making the wings and side skirts they hope to start making then next week as they have had bigger orders they needed to finish off before starting on my little one project , So still going to be a few weeks arrrr

Post by Guest Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:23 pm

Graham C wrote:Been in touch with the people who are making the wings and side skirts they hope to start making then next week as they have had bigger orders they needed to finish off before starting on my little one project , So still going to be a few weeks arrrr

Well as we speak the wings are being made and should be with me sometime next week looking forward to seeing then and hope they fit lol
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:30 pm

Graham C wrote:
    Graham C wrote:Been in touch with the people who are making the wings and side skirts they hope to start making then next week as they have had bigger orders they needed to finish off before starting on my little one project , So still going to be a few weeks arrrr

Well as we speak the wings are being made and should be with me sometime next week looking forward to seeing then and hope they fit lol

They will fit Very Happy

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 9:02 pm

Hi all well my awning wings turned up over the holidays have only had a quick look at then and they look OK , I have made one big boo boo i had the wrong size awning beading put on the wings which i will have to sort out, But should not be to much of a problem . Not away till April now to try then but if we do have a nice day i might try then before then .

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2013, 5:09 pm

Hi all well we just got back from five days down in Bream sands what a windy five days most of the time at night don't think i had much sleep the poor Dandy stood firm even if it did shake a lot at one point we did thin we were on the move lol.But a few straps over the top early hours of the morning and we were fine .
    We got round to putting up the awning that i had the wings made for . Not to bad i need to sort out the low skirts that cover each side of the door, As we had two ducks sitting in the awning one evening . There are a few things i would have different to the wings but they work. Also we put up the canopy we made for the awning .
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 20 Apr 2013, 5:25 pm

Looks like a neat solution Very Happy that works
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 20 Apr 2013, 7:02 pm

A lovely job Graham, it looks great DANDY DELTA AWNING  - Page 2 1710857839

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2013, 7:20 pm

Thanks for both yea does not look to bad at all , Just a bit to do here and there with the wings and it will be fine was the first time putting up the awning made a few mistakes putting it up which we know next time , What a difference it makes for space with the awning. I do have two short poles over, that has end stops on each end and has written on then right hand door ?
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 20 Apr 2013, 7:47 pm

Graham C wrote:Thanks for both yea does not look to bad at all , Just a bit to do here and there with the wings and it will be fine was the first time putting up the awning made a few mistakes putting it up which we know next time , What a difference it makes for space with the awning. I do have two short poles over, that has end stops on each end and has written on then right hand door ?

The two stoppered short poles are for the L shaped bit where the awning is drawn in close to the door with the bungees running down the side and then across the door end to keep this awning wall up against the Dandy wall. This is my zipped awning showing this.

Nice, flash looking deutz fasteners.

What am I missing I thought you said the blue didn't match. I was expecting a white seam across the bottom?

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2013, 8:04 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    Graham C wrote:Thanks for both yea does not look to bad at all , Just a bit to do here and there with the wings and it will be fine was the first time putting up the awning made a few mistakes putting it up which we know next time , What a difference it makes for space with the awning. I do have two short poles over, that has end stops on each end and has written on then right hand door ?

The two stoppered short poles are for the L shaped bit where the awning is drawn in close to the door with the bungees running down the side and then across the door end to keep this awning wall up against the Dandy wall. This is my zipped awning showing this.

Nice, flash looking deutz fasteners.

What am I missing I thought you said the blue didn't match. I was expecting a white seam across the bottom?
    I see what you mean now, I did not think that the awning was going to touch the floor on the sides when i put it up, As the awning sits higher up on mine as its a delta awning, All i can think there must be a a lot PVC that sits on the floor so i did not need the extra extensions i had made for the sides . I had nothing to go by as how much sat on the floor ?
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 20 Apr 2013, 9:23 pm

Only sorry you bought the PVC but if it's not on now how were you going to join the extra piece? Or was this a test erecting to see how much you needed?

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2013, 9:34 pm

I have the extra the panels made up they were going to pop onto the poppers where the rubbers fix onto the bottom off the awning , But am happy with the amount of awning that's sitting on the floor so will not be using then

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 11:37 pm