Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Camping Fridge

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Camping Fridge Empty Camping Fridge

Post by Tow Itch Thu 27 Dec 2012, 7:19 pm

Not a bad price. Very robust I should imagine.
    3 fridges and one freezer I think, see:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So I don't know how they are powered, I don't know if they are mains 240v mains 120v low voltage as in 12v or 24v as used on trucks or 48v as some military equipment uses. They could actually work off forced evaporation or ice and the freezer might actually be a cold box that chills to ambient -230.
    Are they meant to be used while in transit or are they normal compressor fridges that are also noisy?
    Might be your cup of tea if you need to refrigerate for a group of people, but you will also want the type of vehicle where you can leave the fridge stood up. A people carrier might suffice but at 75Kg before the food goes in I can't see anyone wanting to lug these in and out the back of an estate car.
    Oh and they haven't been tested so I don't know if your expected to accept that the fridge you buy may or may not work?

Now why did I put these on the bargains page?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Camping Fridge Empty Re: Camping Fridge

Post by mike Fri 28 Dec 2012, 5:33 am

On the label it says infrysningstemperatur put this through a translator and it comes out infrysningstemperatur lol! put a space in though and you get freezing temperature
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Sat 29 Dec 2012, 11:23 am

I think that these are, as described, cool boxes and the freezing block is just a ruggedised version of the normal blue block, to be frozen at -23deg before use
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 07 Jan 2013, 4:03 pm

jake001 wrote:I think that these are, as described, cool boxes and the freezing block is just a ruggedised version of the normal blue block, to be frozen at -23deg before use

I looked further and and also found these on an American army surplus site with a different but no more informative description. Alas I was on the verge of sleep and forgot to post on this thread. I believe them to be electrical if for no other reason than it would make these expensive cold boxes, the price at which they were offered for sale at in America would be beyond preposterous if they were not electric. The supply voltage is still questionable.

Mind you I'm not the most observant. I was looking at your new logo trying to work out what it was. The plane looked very nose up and quite high off the ground. Just as i was thinking that the jaguar had a high undercarriage I then realised the plane was on a low pass it wasn't on it's wheels. Spent the next 15 minutes thinking that the air inlets looked more enclosed like Hawk trainers than Jaguars. i spent a good 15 minutes thinking this then realised wing position was a much better method of identification.
    So how long ago was the Jaguar display? Looking at the colour post Gulf War 1 ?
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Mon 07 Jan 2013, 11:26 pm

Not a display but an everyday thing at that time, the pilots were a mad bunch of "contract" pirat officers. But that was another country and another age. We always looked both ways before crossing the pan pale affraid
    It is not an RAF Jag and is in fact pre Gulf war (when the RAF had pink ones with overwing missiles) although in a hot country Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 11:45 am