Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

dandy removable carpet

vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

dandy removable carpet Empty dandy removable carpet

Post by vickoir Sat 25 Jun 2011, 8:44 am

our designer has wood effect cushion floor and a removeable over carpet,
    i recently made a replacement for it so the original did not get ruined when the dog is with us it cost the grand total of £8 and took me about a week just doing a little every evening its really easy to do so thought i'd post the pics on here incase anyone fancys having a go themselves,
    now on carpet no.2 this one is for helen and the offcut i got this time for £5 is so big it will probably be enough for 3 or 4
    make sure if you try this to get the cheap felt backed carpet its the same type as dandy use and its easy to work with and manipulate

i used the original riva dandy carpet as my template,
    cut our required shape with a stanley knife (including leaving cutout for wheel arch)
    bought some double knit wool in matching colour of carpet a big wool needle and hemmed all way round with a loop stitch
    on my carpet i then added the press studs (poppers) to line up with the ones in my floor so it won't slide about and done easy peasy
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the top one is the original, the bottom one is my replacement and the middle one will be helens when its done cheers
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

dandy removable carpet Empty Re: dandy removable carpet

Post by Helen Sat 25 Jun 2011, 9:17 am

The colour is perfect vicki, it will go very well in my Dandy. I am going to be really posh now, it will hide my old carpeted floor until we get around to replacing with lino and then we can put it over the lino and remove it when we have the dog with us,its muddy outside and just use it at night so its nice and warm underfoot. It will be great to just throw over the windbreaks to brush off rather than having to brush mine on hands an knees. cheers
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sat 25 Jun 2011, 9:25 am

glad you like it helen,
    i'm going make myself another one out of that blue when ive done yours cos it is a mutch better colur match for the dandy i've hemmed one quarter already so will be ready for woodhall spa cheers
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 25 Jun 2011, 9:32 am

The rug I use in the Dandy can now go in the awning ......... we put it in the awning at nights when the underfloor heater is on and I am sometimes reluctant to put it back in the Dandy as I often get up early and go and sit in there with a brew and my pj's on while my other half is still snoring Sleep It just makes the awning feel really cosy with my little heater on and the carpet in there too while I read a book.
    Owd Lad
    Owd Lad

dandy removable carpet Empty Dandy Mats

Post by Owd Lad Sat 25 Jun 2011, 12:22 pm

That looks like a nice job you've done there. There wasn't any carpet in our Designer when we got it and I do like getting my feet out of bed and onto a carpet. Our solution was to use a piece of our old kitchen carpet ( which had suffered bleach and olive oil spillage.- I know that this might seem a strange mixture for either cooking or cleaning!) and replace the kitchen carpet. The carpet is the 'Turtle Mat' type. We bought a large piece which the company cut off the roll for us. The benefit is that its rubber backed and doesn't move on lino (Although the rubber is affected by olive oil spillage) and the pile soaks up mud and water from our big daft dog and dries easily (Although it is affected by bleach). To clean it we roll it up, take it outside and give it a scrub with soapy water and hose it off. then hang it up to dry & drain off. There is a range of colours and even though the carpet is pricier than we would have liked it's hard wearing and works well to stop water and dirt transfer to other rooms. We bought on line from Cotswold Mat Co. They do stock Turtle mats of different sizes but also have there own make of similar matting and will cut off the roll for you. I think the rolls are about 1.5m wide.
    Steve
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sat 25 Jun 2011, 1:02 pm

thanks steve,
    i'm quite enjoying my little self Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 05 Jul 2011, 9:39 am

My removable carpet is great, fits lovely and doesn't slide towards the door with use as it is felt backed it stays put the pile is soft and very easy to just brush off. It really looks good and hides our old carpet until we remove it and fit something else, we can then add studs so it will still stay in place. I'm really pleased with it dandy removable carpet 115684958

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 1:33 pm