Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+4
Helen
Phoenix
mike
HIDEHI
8 posters

Well guys we are forced to call it a day

HIDEHI

Well guys we are forced to call it a day Empty Well guys we are forced to call it a day

Post by HIDEHI Wed 23 Jan 2013, 5:42 pm

Sad news for us, Gillian my wife came home from Drs today after been told to stop camping of any kind.
    She is due to go into hospital next month and the gp told her that her consultant will advice this also.
    As you know i have been ill last yr and that has left it's mark, but i was trying to keep going for wifes hols lol.

So when this weather clears and the new 12v system that a friend is going to help with is sorted we will sell hidehi.

We have canceled our renew of the CCC today after years of membership, health has to come first.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Well guys we are forced to call it a day Empty Re: Well guys we are forced to call it a day

Post by mike Wed 23 Jan 2013, 5:58 pm

HIDEHI wrote:Sad news for us, Gillian my wife came home from Drs today after been told to stop camping of any kind.
    She is due to go into hospital next month and the gp told her that her consultant will advice this also.
    As you know i have been ill last yr and that has left it's mark, but i was trying to keep going for wifes hols lol.

So when this weather clears and the new 12v system that a friend is going to help with is sorted we will sell hidehi.

We have canceled our renew of the CCC today after years of membership, health has to come first.

Well i am really sorry to hear that,you had such plans just remember you are always welcome on the forum and ime sure i speak for other members when i say if any of us camp within driving distance of you come and have a cuppa with us under pvc.
    Hope things go well and dont be a stranger.

mike
    HIDEHI

Well guys we are forced to call it a day Empty Re: Well guys we are forced to call it a day

Post by HIDEHI Wed 23 Jan 2013, 6:01 pm

Thank you Mike, yes such plans but never mind life hits us we carry on yer lol.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Wed 23 Jan 2013, 6:12 pm

HIDEHI wrote:Sad news for us, Gillian my wife came home from Drs today after been told to stop camping of any kind.

Sorry to hear that Hidehi, but as you say you and your wifes health has to come first. Good luck to her for next month.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 23 Jan 2013, 6:53 pm

That's sad news, really sort to hear that you can't camp anymore Sad

As Mike has already said, your always very welcome here, I hope everything goes well for Gillian next month.

p.s. is a motorhome classed as camping What a Face
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 23 Jan 2013, 7:00 pm

You were obviously as keen as mustard for the camping and I'm so sorry we didn't get to see you.

Then in the great scheme of things that doesn't count for a lot.

As we've never met you it might sound a bit false if we send our best wishes but I will still do so, especially to your wife.

From your posts I'm sure we have missed out on meeting a great character and your C&CC section will miss your attendance.

Jump on here any time you wish, do tell us how you get on with your new 12V system. I think it's a sign of a rare character that you are even making the effort with that.

Hoping For The Best.

Kevin.
    HIDEHI

Post by HIDEHI Wed 23 Jan 2013, 7:52 pm

Thanks guys, Helen in answer to your surgestion, a motorhome would give us the same probs, the excuse me bog water lark, as that needs emptying lol.
    Me now useing my wheelchair again how long don't know lol, and Gillians Blackouts come back with vengence, and with being told her britle bone lark even a motorhome would be a no no.
    She did actualy ask Dr this morning about that, and she said even no to that.
    We could use statics i guess or is that a bard word on here lol lol.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 23 Jan 2013, 10:18 pm

No bad words on here to do with getting you and your Mrs away from home with a little bit of the feeling you get from the great outdoors, If you end up in a static in Wales just let us know and we'll bring our own accommodation. We're all getting older and one day perhaps we'll have to make compromises too. For now we can only say we'll dandy as long as we can, and then look at other options ...... even a static if needs be. X
    navver

Post by navver Wed 23 Jan 2013, 11:30 pm

So sorry to hear this. The camp site I added on this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has a bungalow for hire with views across the sea of Anglesey. So close for you, a lovely spot and all the atmosphere of a camp site. You can even use the camp toilets if you want to on a cold morning. Take your sleeping bags so you get the smell and your camping stove to cook up some bacon outside on the lawn. You can still enjoy life with a few changes.

There's a link to the cottage/bungalow on the home page.
    HIDEHI

Post by HIDEHI Thu 24 Jan 2013, 12:13 am

Helen wrote:No bad words on here to do with getting you and your Mrs away from home with a little bit of the feeling you get from the great outdoors, If you end up in a static in Wales just let us know and we'll bring our own accommodation. We're all getting older and one day perhaps we'll have to make compromises too. For now we can only say we'll dandy as long as we can, and then look at other options ...... even a static if needs be. X

Thanks Helen will let you know when if we get sorted lol,
    HIDEHI

Post by HIDEHI Thu 24 Jan 2013, 12:26 am

navver wrote:So sorry to hear this. The camp site I added on this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has a bungalow for hire with views across the sea of Anglesey. So close for you, a lovely spot and all the atmosphere of a camp site. You can even use the camp toilets if you want to on a cold morning. Take your sleeping bags so you get the smell and your camping stove to cook up some bacon outside on the lawn. You can still enjoy life with a few changes.

There's a link to the cottage/bungalow on the home page.

Thanks for that, and i been thinking about it a lot tonight, found a few privaely owed caravans and chalies around the uk and any time you guys are up north wales i may pop over for a panad or you may join us by a static .
    camping may be cheaper, but as has been said we all have to make changes at time in our life, this is jest another way of camping lol.

We did rent a chalie in Norfolk last Sept for 2 weeks, enjoyed that a friend came with us he can't drive due to his med problems but we had fun, went on 2 boat trips as well, even got gill on them big strugle lol.
    years ago gill and i ran a majorete troup and stayed in a lot of statics with our family who were in the troup, well 5 girls of our own lol . we won the 1st placeworld championship and came second as well 2 dif age groups 2 teams isle on mam 1980 . memories lol
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:53 pm

that's the problem with living life to the max we wear our body's out before their time and hope your wife gets her health back on an even keel soon
    but as everyone has said don't be a stranger and don't forget to advertise your Dandy on here but if i am ever up your end def in for a cuppa and barabrith flower Well guys we are forced to call it a day 1468157981 Well guys we are forced to call it a day 1468157981
    HIDEHI

Post by HIDEHI Sat 26 Jan 2013, 1:14 pm

Caz1960 wrote: that's the problem with living life to the max we wear our body's out before their time and hope your wife gets her health back on an even keel soon
    but as everyone has said don't be a stranger and don't forget to advertise your Dandy on here but if i am ever up your end def in for a cuppa and barabrith flower Well guys we are forced to call it a day 1468157981 Well guys we are forced to call it a day 1468157981

Thanks Caz1960, will do as soon as i can sort the 12v eeady to sell.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sun 27 Jan 2013, 8:41 pm

Sorry to hear your news Hidehi, I hope everything works out for you both. Please don't be a stranger and you're more than welcome to visit us if we're ever close to your way, or you close to ours. Well guys we are forced to call it a day 1468157981 Well guys we are forced to call it a day 1468157981

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 01 May 2024, 11:07 pm